Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Elemental Jutsu?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Elemental Jutsu?

Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    I don't find this relevant. As long as you give Amaterasu the best conditions I see no real problems with it.
    This is why it's relevant. You're not always gonna be in a situation with the best conditions. The major conditions that will limit the effectiveness of Amaterasu is whether you're an Uchiha, whether you have a ton of chakra to throw away, how fast the opponent is, whether they have a perfect defense up to block your eyesight, etc. The number of conditions that limit Kirin's effectiveness are far lower because it's the fastest direct attack in the manga, has a destructive area of effect that can pulverize an entire hill, costs no chakra as long as you have heat to create it... doesn't need a kekkei genkai, so ANY ninja can use it provided they take the time to learn Raiton mastery... it's a jutsu every ninja should have in their repertoire. It's THAT good.

The only limitation being that it's a one-shot jutsu that can catch you in the crossfire.

Quote Quote:
    Sasuke with EMS. What are the drawbacks? He can spam it? Just about yes... What other drawbacks?
    Quote Quote:
    Again 0 drawbacks to Amaterasu as long as the user has what he needs.
    There's only one Sasuke. And Itachi's dead. There were two ninja in the entirety of the manga capable of using this jutsu. And even then, could only eliminate the pain and high cost by taking someone elses eyes. Sharingan are too rare. There ARE no other Uchiha. It's IMPOSSIBLE to gain Amaterasu from now on unless you rip Sasuke's eyes out and take them. I'd say that's a major drawback right there, the fact that he's the last person in existence who'll ever have access to the jutsu.

Quote Quote:
    Now using Sasuke and Amaterasu. Provide the list of drawbacks.
    This isn't about a particular character's ability to use jutsu. It's about the jutsu itself. I couldn't care less if Sasuke could do it. I care if any other ninja besides Sasuke can use it, let alone effectively. It goes like this:

Sasuke is the only one who can use Amaterasu. Difficulty: 100 (impossible)
    Anyone with a large chakra reserve and wind release, can become a Sage and use FRS effectively. Difficulty 60: pretty hard, as Rasengan takes awhile to learn anyway.
    Anyone with Bijuu-level chakra reserves and Raiton mastery can learn Raiton Armor. Difficulty 30. No handseals but takes masterful shape manipulation and nature transformation.
    Anyone with AVERAGE or slightly ABOVE AVERAGE chakra, access to a lot of heat, and skill with Raiton can use Kirin. Difficulty 10.

It's that simple.

Quote Quote:
    Right because someone not Naruto can get FRS.
    Absolutely correct.

Quote Quote:
    What are the chances for someone to have his stamina level (chakra and what not) by getting born as a Uzumaki, haing SC tech and ability to use so many and then Kurama inside of him AND Sage Mode?
    They don't need to be Uzumaki. Jiraiya had the chakra necessary for Sage Mode and we don't even know what his clan is. There are other characters with giant chakra reserves aswell. And that's all it takes. Chakra and patience. And you don't need KB to learn Sage Mode or FRS. It just cuts your time down immensely. Hell, you don't even need Sage Mode, you just need tons of chakra. Someone with Bijuu level chakra like Raikage would be able to throw it no problem, proven by the fact that Naruto can throw it in Chakra Mode without having to activate Sage Mode first.

Quote Quote:
    Don't really care for how many can use said jutsu, I only care what said jutsu can do for those that CAN use it at maximum potencial.
    Then stop wasting your time.

Quote Quote:
    You don't know if it has no weakness to other elements. It was never showed but that is about it. You would need a Suiton of epic proportions to block Amaterasu but who knows if it can be done or not.
    You know the rules. Pics or it didn't happen. And since it didn't happen, as of now, it has no elemental weakness.

Quote Quote:
    Who cares it needs a keke to use. Naruto needed his special family Keke and Kurama to be able to use get to FRS.
    Again, no he DIDN'T. He didn't have to be an Uzumaki, he just needed Uzumaki class chakra. He could've been a Senju. He could've been what Jiraiya is. Or Kisame is.

Quote Quote:
    Amaterasu is just flames. I fail to understand what + Fire can get to ... well fire. Its just fire that is damn hot.
    Yin release or lightning could both be the other elements.

Quote Quote:
    Its his topic. If he feels like excluding it he can be my gues. Thing is I find 0 evidence to prove its anything else but Katon. Considering even KISHI HIMSELF claims its Katon this is more then completely irrelevant.
    Then you're not looking hard enough. I'll say it as plain as day: If you're going to use the databook, you don't get to ignore parts of it you don't like, while relying on the parts you do. It says in the same damn paragraph it's as hot as the sun. If you're gonna accept that it's plain old fire, then you also accept that it's as hot as the sun. If you don't accept that it's hot as the sun, then you don't accept that it's plain old fire.

You don't get to pick one.

Quote Quote:
    The last part of the quote I fail to see its point? That the jutsu has counters? Like lol really? You whant me to post a huge list for FRS to? Naruto for instance is limited (at least last time I noticed this jutsu) to 2 FRS(or was it 3? Can't remember right now) in SM before going out of chakra (SM chakra). Good thing he got Kurama to give him the ability to spam it... Something even more rare then EMS...
    It's not that it has drawbacks. It's that it has way more drawbacks than positives. Way more drawbacks than the other jutsu listed.

And with that, I'm done with this thread until more posters decide to intervene.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@ninjabot

Quote Quote:
    This is why it's relevant. You're not always gonna be in a situation with the best conditions. The major conditions that will limit the effectiveness of Amaterasu is whether you're an Uchiha, whether you have a ton of chakra to throw away, how fast the opponent is, whether they have a perfect defense up to block your eyesight, etc. The number of conditions that limit Kirin's effectiveness are far lower because it's the fastest direct attack in the manga, has a destructive area of effect that can pulverize an entire hill, costs no chakra as long as you have heat to create it... doesn't need a kekkei genkai, so ANY ninja can use it provided they take the time to learn Raiton mastery... it's a jutsu every ninja should have in their repertoire. It's THAT good.

The only limitation being that it's a one-shot jutsu that can catch you in the crossfire.
    FRS has even worse same conditions. So how the hell is it relevant?
    Kirin takes an entire fight to prep... Amaterasu is better. You can shoot it right off the bat. Also Kiring is EASY to counter. Just move next to the user and the user can't shoot it or he would kill himself... Now if you are going to say "Sasuke pops Susano" then you invalidate your own point. How many people are going to have Susano? Now Kirin costs a ton of chakra to set up. What you think the heat would pop out of nowhere?
    Now you must have a great reason why not all the Raiton users can shoot Kirin... Not that it matters as if you don't have Susano you are going to kill yourself.

Quote Quote:
    There's only one Sasuke. And Itachi's dead. There were two ninja in the entirety of the manga capable of using this jutsu. And even then, could only eliminate the pain and high cost by taking someone elses eyes. Sharingan are too rare. There ARE no other Uchiha. It's IMPOSSIBLE to gain Amaterasu from now on unless you rip Sasuke's eyes out and take them. I'd say that's a major drawback right there, the fact that he's the last person in existence who'll ever have access to the jutsu.
    Seriously? You have 1 man in the entirety of this manga who can shoot FRS... Its THAT rare.

Again its irrelevant who can use this jutsu compared to what is the most powerfull elemental jutsu. This is what the OP states:

Quote Quote:
    Keep in mind you have to evaluate not only the capability to kill but to put the enemy on alert, to protect the user, and to turn the tide of the battle after all.
    What you keep going on about is completly irrelevant to this topic. It does not matter how many people are able to use it, completly irrelevant.

Quote Quote:
    This isn't about a particular character's ability to use jutsu. It's about the jutsu itself. I couldn't care less if Sasuke could do it. I care if any other ninja besides Sasuke can use it, let alone effectively. It goes like this:

Sasuke is the only one who can use Amaterasu. Difficulty: 100 (impossible)
    Anyone with a large chakra reserve and wind release, can become a Sage and use FRS effectively. Difficulty 60: pretty hard, as Rasengan takes awhile to learn anyway.
    Anyone with Bijuu-level chakra reserves and Raiton mastery can learn Raiton Armor. Difficulty 30. No handseals but takes masterful shape manipulation and nature transformation.
    Anyone with AVERAGE or slightly ABOVE AVERAGE chakra, access to a lot of heat, and skill with Raiton can use Kirin. Difficulty 10.

It's that simple.
    Going by the OP this is completly irrelevant.

Quote Quote:
    They don't need to be Uzumaki. Jiraiya had the chakra necessary for Sage Mode and we don't even know what his clan is. There are other characters with giant chakra reserves aswell. And that's all it takes. Chakra and patience. And you don't need KB to learn Sage Mode or FRS. It just cuts your time down immensely. Hell, you don't even need Sage Mode, you just need tons of chakra. Someone with Bijuu level chakra like Raikage would be able to throw it no problem, proven by the fact that Naruto can throw it in Chakra Mode without having to activate Sage Mode first.
    Right because ANYBODY else aside for a Uzumaki can handle Kurama right? JMan can create the 1000 clones to learn that jutsu? Naruto is a genius when it comes to learning stuff and he needed 1000 clones... I mean when is JMan going to learn it? Seconds before ending up dead (old age). Yes he is a genius learning SC in 1 night... Able to learn Rasengan in 1 week. Then you also need Futon afinity... What are the ods of having all of this elements in 1 man... Just having Raikage tons of chakra would not allow you to trow it... In SM Naruto has the ability to control it... In chakra mode he controls his chakra to an insane level to keep it and what not. Give me 1, 1 man in this entire manga who could use, develop and what not FRS. Only 1 man. Take note he must have all the elements 1 would need to use it.

Quote Quote:
    Then stop wasting your time.
    I am following the conditions set by the OP, you are NOT. Well aside for the "Kishi has no idea what he is talking about, Amaterasu is not a Katon and you can't use it".

Quote Quote:
    You know the rules. Pics or it didn't happen. And since it didn't happen, as of now, it has no elemental weakness.
    Wrong topic bud. This is not the battleforums. You can't make a claim with no evidence. If you belive it has no elemental weakness you need to prove it. Just stating it was never showed so it has no weakness is nonsense.

Quote Quote:
    Again, no he DIDN'T. He didn't have to be an Uzumaki, he just needed Uzumaki class chakra. He could've been a Senju. He could've been what Jiraiya is. Or Kisame is.
    Who else but Naruto can learn it and use it? Name 1.

Quote Quote:
    Yin release or lightning could both be the other elements.
    You have nothing to indicate any of it. Well aside for "its to powerfull"... Who cares.

Quote Quote:
    Then you're not looking hard enough. I'll say it as plain as day: If you're going to use the databook, you don't get to ignore parts of it you don't like, while relying on the parts you do. It says in the same damn paragraph it's as hot as the sun. If you're gonna accept that it's plain old fire, then you also accept that it's as hot as the sun. If you don't accept that it's hot as the sun, then you don't accept that it's plain old fire.

You don't get to pick one.
    Kishi can use "cool" words to describe what it is. Like its hot as the sun and what not but the clasification is completly diferent. He put it under Katon. CLEAR FACT. Show me 1 jutsu that was clasified wrong by jutsu... I am sure Kakashi's dragon suiton is under SUITON.

Of course this si a COMPLETE waste of my time. Kiski claims its a Katon and then you show up and tell me Kishi has no bloody clue what he states... KISHI > YOU. You don't get to contradict the man that CREATED this manga. You also have 0 evidence to disprove his claim. Nothing he showed in the manga itself shows Amaterasu as anything but fire.

Quote Quote:
    It's not that it has drawbacks. It's that it has way more drawbacks than positives. Way more drawbacks than the other jutsu listed.

And with that, I'm done with this thread until more posters decide to intervene.
    Sure... FRS for 1 is way better then Kirin as to the point you can actualy use it you are probably dead.
    Kirin. Some random guy not Sasuke. What does it mean:

No CS lvl 2 to power the Katon.
    No Susano to defending himself.
    A long time to activate it..

He is going to fight Raikage. Fight starts and this guy ends up with no head. How good was it? Hell anything but a guy who would fight you for a LONG time for you to have this jutsu (no CS and you need a ton of Katons, no Amaterasu burning an entire forest and you need even MORE) and this jutsu is completly irrelevant.
    Hell moving close to the user and this jutsu ends up as a kill yourself jutsu...

FRS>Kirin...But its Amaterasu>FRS>Kirin. Something like that (between the 3 named jutsus).
    Last edited by xXan; April 23, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Does raiton aura counts?
    I mean - enhanced defense, speed and attack... is pretty awesome...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ricardDvs's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    Does raiton aura counts?
    I mean - enhanced defense, speed and attack... is pretty awesome...
    I mentioned it in the first page. Go check it out
    u Mad?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vxrrc6.png

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricardDvs View Post
    I mentioned it in the first page. Go check it out
    huge sorry, didn't read the whole thread yet.
    (yes, I'm very lazy...)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this was just about five basic elements?

To me, Fuuton is the best element since it offers both good offence and defense. It is stated to be the best attacking element up close. Which we have seen with Asuma, Baki, and Naruto. We've see it used effectively from mid range with Danzou. And we've seen it used long range and defensively with Temari and the Shukaku.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

To me, Fuuton is the best element since it offers both good offence and defense. It is stated to be the best attacking element up close. Which we have seen with Asuma, Baki, and Naruto. We've see it used effectively from mid range with Danzou. And we've seen it used long range and defensively with Temari and the Shukaku.
    The question is not about the strongest element. The question is "what is the strongest elemental Jutsu".
    Elements are all equal depending on the situation of course.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

How exactly is it good for defense? There hasn't been a single defensive futon jutsu in the entire manga unless I'm missing something.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    How exactly is it good for defense? There hasn't been a single defensive futon jutsu in the entire manga unless I'm missing something.
    offensive is the best defensive

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    offensive is the best defensive
    LOL I was thinking to post the same thing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Anyway assuming you could create whirlwinds around yourself... Well there is your defensive application. Yeah nobody showed a jutsu like that but I don't find it absurd lol. How about gush of wind to push shit back. We don't have jutsus like that but I see no reason why something like that could not exist.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Or imagine a fuuton aura, cutting everything you touch...
    that would be a real defensive jutsu

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how you can make a Fulton shield cutting everything without cutting you also.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I don't see how you can make a Fulton shield cutting everything without cutting you also.
    The same way Raiton on the hand(Chidori, Raikiri, Raikage's magic finger) only cuts the enemy.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

or sasuke's amaterasu shield without burning himself.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rarhyx

Sasuke has it on Susano, never on himself.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast