Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

I cant wait to see this episode ratings. I hope it was a blast in japan, MH deserves it ^^

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    According to you how many episodes will there be for this arc? I think we'll have 70-77 episodes.
    That's way too many. They covered 66 GI chapters in 17 episodes, and CA chapters are even shorter. I'd guess no more than 35.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    That's way too many. They covered 66 GI chapters in 17 episodes, and CA chapters are even shorter. I'd guess no more than 35.
    I fear that if togashi dont come back soon, fillers will come...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn it, MadHouse.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sums up my thoughts about all the controversy succinctly; From a user on another forum

"I really don't understand how this was "ruined" because certain events were slightly changed or chronologically rearranged. Literally, the only difference between what happens in the manga and what happens here, as far as Kite's relationship with Gon goes, is that Gon's motivation to become a hunter was just inspired through the villagers instead of Kite; and that object for motivation is unchanged, which is his father. Otherwise, he still saved Gon as a child, and they still had a conversation that's very similar to the one they had in the manga, though years later. Its not like Gon spent a substantial amount of time with Kite in chapter 1 of the manga, anyways.

If any of you have read the Song of Ice and Fire book series, then I'd love to see how you'd all react to the Game of Thrones TV adaption going on right now. The show's taken many, MANY more liberties than HxH has with its source material, but it's still a damn good show. It doesn't need to be a carbon-copy of the source-material to be good. I'll even concede that 2011's interpretation of the Kite-Gon relationship isn't as good as the source material. Even so, it's marginal."

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lyra Belaqua's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    This gif has hypnotised me.

In other news, this episode was a bit boring, but I'm expecting things to pick up next week.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    Sums up my thoughts about all the controversy succinctly; From a user on another forum

"I really don't understand how this was "ruined" because certain events were slightly changed or chronologically rearranged. Literally, the only difference between what happens in the manga and what happens here, as far as Kite's relationship with Gon goes, is that Gon's motivation to become a hunter was just inspired through the villagers instead of Kite; and that object for motivation is unchanged, which is his father. Otherwise, he still saved Gon as a child, and they still had a conversation that's very similar to the one they had in the manga, though years later. Its not like Gon spent a substantial amount of time with Kite in chapter 1 of the manga, anyways.

If any of you have read the Song of Ice and Fire book series, then I'd love to see how you'd all react to the Game of Thrones TV adaption going on right now. The show's taken many, MANY more liberties than HxH has with its source material, but it's still a damn good show. It doesn't need to be a carbon-copy of the source-material to be good. I'll even concede that 2011's interpretation of the Kite-Gon relationship isn't as good as the source material. Even so, it's marginal."
    In my opinion the problem isn't the fact that they changed the manga, but the fact that this ended up being a bad written and sincerely stupid episode.

I mean, things like the chimera ants conveniently being there, from all the possible species. Or Gon and Kite who seemed to have amnesia. Or Kite, an experienced nen user, using his hatsu in front of strangers, when he could have just keep them away from the nest.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Funny thing is that they didn't even FULLY show the flashback from chapter 1.... how the fuck do you skip canon and add filler............. ROFL !!
    You know what? I bet they'll pull a Tite Kubo and do the flashback right after
    Spoiler show

By the way, I already put spoiler tags around the spoiler but it is a major spoiler anime-only users so don't click lol.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    I fear that if togashi dont come back soon, fillers will come...
    Yeah same.....the following arc is like what, 40 chapters? So in total, I'd say about maybe 45 more episodes until the anime is completely caught up, unless the pacing changes. Togashi really, reeeaaaaaaaaaaally needs to come back right now if he wants to avoid filler.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Logically it doesn't seem sound, but I'm all for the Hatsu-showing if only because Kaito's Hatsu severely needs more screentime. And I like the clown's obnoxious dialogue. XD

Maybe it's Madhouse's way of making the new character appealing? Not the most sophisticated move (ie they could do the whole episode better), but it works.

About the Chimera Ants... aside from the way it was used to show off Kaito's Hatsu and knowledge and thematically starting the arc (which I am, again, irrationally in favor off only because I love his Hatsu XD), I don't see how their existence in itself is a problem. I'm pretty sure Chimera Ants have been around for a while in the Hunter World, and they have to be common knowledge for Kaito given the kind of Hunter he is.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Logically it doesn't seem sound, but I'm all for the Hatsu-showing if only because Kaito's Hatsu severely needs more screentime. And I like the clown's obnoxious dialogue. XD

Maybe it's Madhouse's way of making the new character appealing? Not the most sophisticated move (ie they could do the whole episode better), but it works.

About the Chimera Ants... aside from the way it was used to show off Kaito's Hatsu and knowledge and thematically starting the arc (which I am, again, irrationally in favor off only because I love his Hatsu XD), I don't see how their existence in itself is a problem. I'm pretty sure Chimera Ants have been around for a while in the Hunter World, and they have to be common knowledge for Kaito given the kind of Hunter he is.
    i agree with your, i guess we could say the normal chemera ants are a symbol of whats to come. or something like that
    Last edited by Diivil; April 21, 2013 at 05:14 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my perpective on the whole "Kaito's flashback" thing that's going on around here (if I must):
    After watching the episode, I gotta say I didn't got disappointed. Despite the hype, I wasn't expecting the things to go the same way as in the manga from the beginning. And what I saw was a cool introduction from an awesome character, and some hints to Ging's ability to predict things (for those manga-readers doubting: re-read the election arc). Which was really cool and consistent with what the anime has been presenting so far. The flashback was well done, and fast, and it helps highlighting their encounter in the past, from the perspective of the anime. It's not the manga (which certainly works things better from the start as always) but is far better than what we had before.
    Also, seriously, we all knew it would be a different development the moment Kaito wasn't shown in the first episode (you're all smart people, I know that only hype and expectations are blinding you guys from this). He's not the father figure he is in the manga, sure, but apparently Ging's had something in his mind to send Gon to him in case Gon came accompanied (it was hinted by the end of the episode), so the role he's about to play is certainly important still. So the reasons to the later events of this "arc" will just work the same, but under different circunstances, proper to the anime.

Now with that aside (and to what really matters: my thoughts on the whole episode), though I disliked the appearance of the normal chimera ants right of the bat, Crazy Slot made my day here (had I said before that I like Kaito and his nen? ). Also, a little sneak-peek on Kaito's past is always welcome (this is possible the only filler I thoroughly enjoyed; too bad it wasn't an entire episode, or an OVA :/), so points up for Madhouse to bringing it. The sudden appearances of the Queen gave me the chills, and the somber tone of the episode as a whole (dunno where I saw this comment, it's not mine, but I agreed immediately with it) is just a preview of the things to come. Oh, and the OP/ED... priceless!

[fanboy]And do I have to say that Kaito's portrayal this whole episode was badass? Fits him so well, I hope he steals the show from now on! *-*[/fanboy]
    "You can never be certain of any outcome. That is the battle involving nen!
    But even so...
    You fight with 100% confidence that you will win!
    That's the true spirit of a nen-user.
    " - Morau

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

: O This is what I'm talkin about
    Wow, I really like this

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    So apparently I'm the only one who is actually pleased with these changes, huh?
    Well, that was meant to happen. I remember debating this before in the first thread. Don't want to repeat myself, but some thing are expected to happen when you move something and you must hope that it makes sense.

And it does.

I expect this to be the curve of every arc in which every fan is a bit uncomfortable.
    After sleeping on it, I actually like it better. I was optimistic yesterday, now I am sure it will be good.

I actually think we will see the Whale Island flash back again when Gon thinks about it in future events.

I found it interesting though that my girlfriend who has only watched the anime found this episode to be amazing. She loved the introduction of Kite and felt that even in the short time he appeared in Gons life he was more of a father than Ging. I also read Lost in Anime review and he also thinks that this was an amazing episode but he never read the manga.
    http://www.lostinanime.com/2013/04/h...r-2011-76.html
    Last edited by futurefrog; April 21, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

21. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post
    In my opinion the problem isn't the fact that they changed the manga, but the fact that this ended up being a bad written and sincerely stupid episode.

I mean, things like the chimera ants conveniently being there, from all the possible species. Or Gon and Kite who seemed to have amnesia. Or Kite, an experienced nen user, using his hatsu in front of strangers, when he could have just keep them away from the nest.
    And not to mention that he used his nen ability on an ant which could easily be crushed by anyone's feet. His judgment and battle experience is amateur at best. This is what I absolutely HATE about this anime - elements in the story are shown earlier JUST to give the audience a clue about what will happen next. And to do this MH made changes to the story or characters which are utterly unacceptable and will have a profound impact on the development of the plot later on.

I guess this anime is a prime example of bad business judgment. Thinking that giving the characters more air time will boost sales is just naive.
    Last edited by jam1; April 22, 2013 at 01:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

: O This is what I'm talkin about

no....no I just...no, fuck it. I don't give a shit anymore...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast