Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    They sure are going at a steady pace through this arc, aren't they? In either case, I think Killua wanted the revenge against Pitou to be THEIR revenge. He realizes that it's Gon's revenge for Kite, but he wants to be able to help him in any way that he can--because he's completely selfless when it comes to Gon. Gon, on the other hand, is slowly succumbing to his inner beast as his anger is starting to show through and could lead to an explosion. You know, you bottle it up and then you just rage.

Of course, Killua is going to be there and do whatever he can to help him, but I think he's also starting to feel helpless. He can't help his friend control his anger, and he's starting to see it overtake him. But I think that scene is really a mix of Killua wanting to help and be there for Gon but also feeling helpless because he can't really be there for him. And Gon is so deep in his revenge that he's pretty much ignoring almost everything around him, including Killua. Killua is starting to realize this.

This is my take and opinion on the current situation at least.

But I'd also like to take a moment and focus on another bromance in the story--the one between Knuckle and Shoot. Knuckle is a beast and I hope he can hand it to Youpi. Like a boss. And poor Shoot--he tried so hard. ;_; I must say though, seeing this animated and watching the fights unfold, I'm realizing how intelligent everyone is during a battle. Togashi does a job well done in this area.
    I disagree on the Gon's situation and i felt killua is overacting or failed to understand Gon, which is a good plot scene written by Sensei.

Its Killua's fault for not being able to see the bigger picture,he thinks that Gon is so focused on his revenge,but in the real fact, Gon is not. Gon is in his greatest sense of direction but not in term of revenge or anger, but actually the total opposite. He is in a sense of guilty and disability and he knows about it. Sensei had constructed a very common but dilemma reaction (one of the greatest form i could say) emotion of a human being itself.

Anger, happiness, sadness or shock can be cured through time but guilty and disability will not so. Gon's feeling is beyond help at this situation as the only function that can minimize the reaction of these feelings needed to be conducted by the person who is involve in this guiltiness emotion which is himself alone. Especially for a breaking sequence which is a major hit, (kite's death) led to Gon being ultimately focus.

there is alot of emotion in Gon's feeling but not rage or anger to Pitou.

Which lead to massive scenes like:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Sensei is really a genius when creating such emotional interaction,he is able to create such logical and relate-able feelings. Unlike many other manga characterization, friends are so close that as if they are same person, even only known each other for short period of time. yes! i am looking at you Naruto, Bleach and OP...
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; January 31, 2014 at 03:12 PM.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah finally done with the exams and I watched the last 3 episodes and their were all great! Especially 112 but 114 was amazing too, the tension, fear , and the characters feelings it's just amazing and I really liked this review and I think people should read it

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

http://www.lostinanime.com/2014/01/h...0988594917&m=1
    If anyone has a problem understanding what was going on then reading this review will definately clear it up for you I'm just saying this because many people are just saying this episode is boring and pointless.. and I have to disagree and I actually love all of this. Togashi really is amazing. Some people don't even know why Ikalgo was caught (or just found out) like come on.. weren't you paying attention? And some are making jokes of the Gon and Killua scene and I just don't like how some people just want this over with and just want to get to action like seriously.. it felt a bit slow but it's still good and necessary. Some people just don't appreciate this greatness
    I give this episode 8/10 (sorry about ranting I just needed to vent lol)
    Last edited by Zoro Zoldyck; January 31, 2014 at 04:40 AM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exsoldier001 View Post
    I disagree on the Gon's situation and i felt killua is overacting or failed to understand Gon, which is a good plot scene written by Sensei.

Its Killua's fault for not being able to see the bigger picture,he thinks that Gon is so focused on his revenge,but in the real fact, Gon is not. Gon is in his greatest sense of direction but not in term of revenge or anger, but actually the total opposite. He is in a sense of guilty and disability and he knows about it. Sensei had constructed a very common but dilemma reaction (one of the greatest form i could say) emotion of a human being itself.
    Of course Killua was overacting, whether it's as a friend or teammate it proves that Gon was counting on him, I think he understood him though. It's kinda pretentious for him to think it can be "their" revenge IMO , thinking to avenge someone together is weird itself. Kite "died" because of them, Gon is angry and wants to avenge him but for Killua it's as if his feeling of remorse is overshadowed by his feelings for Gon( but considering he doesn't value lives of many people it excuses him a little ).
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to tell you this, especially after not too long of my illness, but I'm not doing my comparisons this week due to leaving town for family matters till Thursday. No, don't worry, nobody's dead, it's just a relative's wedding that I need to attend to. And for nerds like us while we put most of our love for our nerdivrse, real life and family always comes first and there are times when we need to lay our instruments of entertainment to rest till we get back.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ok Shinobi have fun there! And once again your comparisons are really appreciated.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member mioluva's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    It's my interpretation but

Spoiler show
    That's what's fun about Gon. His morality isn't black and white. It's whatever interests him at the moment. He doesn't condemn the killers like Killua and the criminals in Greed island or the scammers in York New city. He even wants to learn some of their tricks.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    I feel so dumb for not appreciating the insect saga in the manga. I hated the artwork, the breaks and thought the powerups wouldn't leave any room for stronger hunters in the future.

The anime once again changes the feeling completely. I think insect arc is amongst the best now, probably even better than greed island. The purpose of hunters fits this arc better and the growth in powers feels a little more rational.

Anyways, I loved the Kings depression part and the part with Komugi. The instant change of heart of fighting will of Zeno and Netero was also well done... one of the best episodes so far...
    I think Togashi explored the limits of power levels in his manga.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by mioluva; February 03, 2014 at 03:07 AM.

Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

SPOILERS! why man.. why? ;(

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member mioluva's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    i was thinking neteros attack would have done more damage other than just sending her flying
    The Royal Guards are way beyond human limits. That's why they could tank Meruem's tail whip. Even the next in the ant hierarchy could get their heads popped by the King.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrollo View Post
    they don't HAVE minds to change; that's why their favorite series is a big 3! Some people come into hxh expecting it to be another turn-off-your-brain and enjoy type of stories, they expect battles and power-levels and things like that, not this.
    That's a little too harsh man. Liking the big 3 doesn't make you dumber than those who don't. Some things just appeal to most people. I got into HXH and OP around the same time in grade school and for different reasons. I liked the HXHs art style and pacing while I liked OP for its whimsical nature. Having watched DBZ before, I grew to hate power levels. While still clearly having some semblance of it in HXH, it wasn't as broken as Goku effortlessly teleporting to wherever.(Though if you think of Goku using ki(nen) to achieve specific effects it would've been cool.)

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro Zoldyck View Post
    SPOILERS! why man.. why? ;(
    It is probably easier to create a spoiler free anime discussion thread, where Anime only users can talk and even using manga spoilers is prohibited.... kinda hard to do on a website that is called 'manga'helpers though .

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mioluva View Post

I think Togashi explored the limits of power levels in his manga.
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i cant wait for this episode i am hoping we get to see some great fighting

i am growing anxious with all of this build up and hype, its time for some action, i have a feeling we will see something very epic in the next few episodes

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

About power levels

Spoiler show

Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for the new episode tonight! Hopefully it's awesome

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredible episode of Hunter X Hunter, Welfin is a pretty cool character. Meleoron had a lot of the spotlight in this episode and Im pretty glad for that, actually It seemed all the lower level Chimera Ants had the spotlight in this episode. Great episode though, and man Gon and Pitou just met again, this is getting crazy.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

As I thought, they delayed Gon's scenes. It's Welfin's time to shine, I love reading his thoughts, Yuji Ueda's performance as Shoot outstanding. That stare at the end, even the narrator was afraid .

Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

DAT ENDING!! OMFG~~

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I really liked how the other chimera ants had the spotlight in this episode, I liked Welfin's scenes and his attack and I REALLY felt for Shoot there.. Sigh Meleron's tears got to me as well

Still would've liked the episode to go faster though... I'm getting really impatient XD

Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast