Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    I think the arc isnt about beyond netero to much, I think it will be a large scale battle but I think as soon as he actaully tries to enter the dark conttinent he die trying.
    I think the new arc will focus more on possibly ging training gon and also possibly teaching him how to use the ability of gon going adult without killing himself each time. I also think there will be a side story with killua kurapika to face of with the phantom troupe I can just see a coonnection as kiluta (killua bro)
    Is number #4, and I have a theory that hisoka comes from the dark continent and is somehow related to gons mother who I think is also from the dark continent (hisoka is probably gons uncle hehehehe). And we will definantly see what abilities ging has. What does everyone else think?

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc

    I also came up with another arc theory, 1 star hunter exam ark, where gon attempts to become a one star hunter. I believe that the chimera ants kept by the new chairman is used for this purpose. I also think that ging was joking when he brought up d-day as it is in his nature to not be serious an make life ammussing. I also think that to go to the dark continent a hunter must be atleast ranked 1 star or above to even qualify for the trip. I also believe hisoka will pattake in this exam and also that the phantom troupe will regain chrollos nen and also enter the dark continent. I this there is also a special nen barreir like a force feild which needs to be broken into and if the person isnt powerfull enough to pass through disaster will befall (meaning there is probably a trail to enter the dark continent to test strenghs). And finnally just like ging who can befriend animal and beasts gon will also gain a beast counter part (probablythe foxbear which gon befriended at his home whale island).

    ---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

    Also there will probably be a reunion with ging and his cousin mito (it would be an extremly hilarious outcome of arguing while gone is sitting on the sidelines).

    ---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

    I just want this hiatus to be over already

  3. #3
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc

    I don't think Gon will be trained by Ging. He is actually traveling with Kite and Ging has let him his role of father, he will train with Kite. Killua will definitely not appear before long but Kurapika will have his role to play in this arc, probably Leorio too, I can't imagine Togashi deciding to let him go again after this return, teasing us with his Hatsu and all, same for Kurapika. Kite's faction, Kurapika and Leorio will be in this arc.

    We can expect a lot of battles between Beyond Netero's faction and the Zodiacs, Hisoka can join Beyond, it would be perfectly in character, he will be with strong people and will have the opportunities to fight the Zodiacs. The unknown factor actually is Netero's message.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  4. #4
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc

    I do believe its going to be a big battle against beyond netreo but I really doubt it will continue with them going to the dark continent yet. I think gon still has alot of training ahead of him still before this point and as ging pointed out he himself is still unable to enter the continent as he is not strong enough himself but it is said he is one of the top five nen user in the world and I doubt that it would be possible for gon and any othet main character to or ready surpass ging when we havent even seen the extent of gings strengh yet. I just believe ging will train gon because in hindsight the whole everything that has happened in the series has been planned to happen by ging (except a few factors) like sending kite to meet gon when he was 8 informing gon that ging existed and was a hunter making gon himself become a hunter and get strong. Greed island was also a game designed specifically for gon by ging to get stronger aswell as gon being telleported back to kite as well as the fact that ging actaully trained kite so that he will meet gon and aswell making gon stronger so in hindsight the experiences that gon had gone through was all so ging could test him and even train him to become stronger so it only makes sense it was a test to even see if he would be acceptable as a student. I dont even see kite teaching gon because he isnt an enhancer, and I dont even think ging would be ideal as a master because he might not be an enhancer, if ging doesnt train gon I can only see bisky continuing traing with him as she has the most similar abilitys to gon like the ability to turn into a giant masculine muscle steroid junky but I can see him still learning alot from ging to, but mabye they fight beyond first and I dont think hisoka is involed and kurapika wont be involved either as his powers are only usefull towards the troupe and I dont think leorio is even ready for this kind of battle yet. (But we would never really know till this hiatus is over and done with. (Thanks for the reply anyways demonspeed)

    ---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

    I also think that another arc invollving the phantom troupe with killua as his brother is number 4 kullata who is trying to raise the ranks in the troupe, this will result in a showdown and killua will join forces with illumi most probably and kurapika to infultrate meteor city and chrollo possibly has his nen back so hisoka will be involved and we will also find out why he is really an ally of illumis, also expect to see more from zeno and silva in this fight. I tjink this arc will not involve gon exept on the side where there might be a few chapters where he is training.

    ---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

    But yes I also think killua will stay away from gon as his abilities have surpassed hons tenfold and it would be unfair on gon, only until the point where gon master the hatsu of him turning into his ultimate form (the older perfected version of himself).

  5. #5
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc

    It would be difficult for Togashi to not include Kurapika in this new arc, with his long absence it's more than likely that he'll gain more importance again, same for Leorio, who recently shown his Hatsu. This arc isn't necessarily all about battles, there are 4 conditions to be able to go to the Dark Continent. Maybe Ging will train Gon but he seems to be wandering ATM.
    Gon can still become very strong even if he stays with Kite, it's not as if you need to have the same category of your pupil to teach him well, Zushi and Wing are a good examples. If he has problems he can call them too .

    I don't think they'll go to the Dark Continent yet too but I am still expecting a lot of battles. But a Killua subplot in this arc... I really don't think it will happen.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by ridge1992 View Post
    ging training gon and also possibly teaching him how to use the ability of gon going adult without killing himself each time.
    That sounds absolutely horrible and not at all like something Togashi would do.
    Gon is NOT going to go Adult Gon again, it almost killed him and required him to sacrifice his Nen to do so (it's clearly stated).
    Knowing how Togashi writes, I think chances are the next arc will be about Gon having (at least temporarily) lost/sealed his Nen and having to find a Nen Exorcist to fix it. Would make for some interesting dynamics if he's forced to use Abengane who is now a member of the Ryodan.

    I also expect Beyond Netero and his crew to be immediately fodderized when they get to the Dark Continent.

  7. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rica_Patin View Post
    That sounds absolutely horrible and not at all like something Togashi would do.
    Gon is NOT going to go Adult Gon again, it almost killed him and required him to sacrifice his Nen to do so (it's clearly stated).
    Knowing how Togashi writes, I think chances are the next arc will be about Gon having (at least temporarily) lost/sealed his Nen and having to find a Nen Exorcist to fix it. Would make for some interesting dynamics if he's forced to use Abengane who is now a member of the Ryodan.

    I also expect Beyond Netero and his crew to be immediately fodderized when they get to the Dark Continent.
    You exspect pariston to be fodderized?

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post
    You exspect pariston to be fodderized?
    I'm talking about all the new characters introduced with Beyond.
    Partison obviously isn't going to be fodderized, especially with how him and Jairo are being foreshadowed to be big bad material.

  9. #9
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rica_Patin View Post
    That sounds absolutely horrible and not at all like something Togashi would do.
    Gon is NOT going to go Adult Gon again, it almost killed him and required him to sacrifice his Nen to do so (it's clearly stated).
    Knowing how Togashi writes, I think chances are the next arc will be about Gon having (at least temporarily) lost/sealed his Nen and having to find a Nen Exorcist to fix it. Would make for some interesting dynamics if he's forced to use Abengane who is now a member of the Ryodan.

    I also expect Beyond Netero and his crew to be immediately fodderized when they get to the Dark Continent.
    Gon having his Nen sealed would be weird, he is back to normal. I want Hisoka to join Beyond and kill some Zodiacs , time to see him fight a worthy opponent or maybe Chrollo. I don't think Abengane is a Spider, I believe he just helped them for money but who knows...

    If they go to the DC know, chances are high that they'll get fodderized, human Nen users will surely have a power up before going there. I want to see Pariston's ant's army too, the next Hunter Exam and Meteor City arc will happen before the DC one IMO.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  10. #10
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    I think the story will be like the last arc, it will focus on a couple of things which will be vaguely interconnected. The zodiac will definitely hunt beyond, gin and pariston will likely try to go to the new world, killua perhaps will get some occasional focus about his travels with alluka... Gon going to the new world is perhaps a likely scenario, perhaps his aim will be to get there before gin does.

  11. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Gon having his Nen sealed would be weird, he is back to normal. I want Hisoka to join Beyond and kill some Zodiacs , time to see him fight a worthy opponent or maybe Chrollo. I don't think Abengane is a Spider, I believe he just helped them for money but who knows...

    If they go to the DC know, chances are high that they'll get fodderized, human Nen users will surely have a power up before going there. I want to see Pariston's ant's army too, the next Hunter Exam and Meteor City arc will happen before the DC one IMO.
    He sure as hell better not be back to normal. Togashi is a very good writer and has made sure that everything in the story thus far falls into the balance of Nen. Gon being perfectly fine afterwards would be an absolute asspull and completely unlike Togashi. Gon having his Nen sealed is a plot-point that is very Togashi esque seeing how much he loves to subvert normal shonen tropes in this series.
    You also seem to think that this is some super generic battle manga which it obviously isn't. It's a lot smarter than that.

  12. #12
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rica_Patin View Post
    He sure as hell better not be back to normal. Togashi is a very good writer and has made sure that everything in the story thus far falls into the balance of Nen. Gon being perfectly fine afterwards would be an absolute asspull and completely unlike Togashi. Gon having his Nen sealed is a plot-point that is very Togashi esque seeing how much he loves to subvert normal shonen tropes in this series.
    You also seem to think that this is some super generic battle manga which it obviously isn't. It's a lot smarter than that.
    Isn't it the reason some people didn't like Alluka's Hatsu? Because this power made him normal, so Gon can freely use Nen and his body is in perfect condition like before his fight with Pitou, it was Killua's wish, it was granted. Alluka's restrictions don't apply only to Killua but others person paid the price.

    I don't know what i said in my post which implies that HXH is a generic battle manga, there are battle of wits yes but power is important, you aren't going to beat superpowered monsters from another continent with brains alone.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  13. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    What will happen in the next arc is Togashi rips off another manga trope.

    The Hunter Exams arc was a typical Shonen arc meant to introduce the characters, the world, and the pace of the manga. From this arc, Togashi makes it clear that while this is a Shonen manga, he's going to go at it at a much slower pace. Our hero is a nekketsu hero but he isn't as hot-blooded as you think he's going to be, his best friend is a killer his own age, there's two guys with interesting backstories, and a profession called "Hunter" that ... does everything, more or less. Then comes the Heaven's Arena arc, where Togashi finally says, "Okay, now that you know these guys, I'm going to show you how they fight." He introduces the Nen system through an almost-pointless tournament. Slow down. Togashi introduces the Shonen series' way of fighting more than 50 chapters into the manga. He's clearly saying, "Let me take my time and examine this Shonen stuff bit by bit." He even gives names to the forms of aura so commonly seen in other Shonen manga. Then comes York New City, where Togashi basically thinks "Let me take this manga to a place a little bit darker than it already is." The stakes are higher, our characters aren't in these fantasy jungles or islands anymore; they're in the big city. We're suddenly dealing with the mafia, the criminal underworld, and superhuman murderers. Togashi takes the series for a sudden noir turn as Gon and Killua's adventurous selves are put on the back burner for Killua's dark intentions. Then comes Greed Island. Togashi is probably thinking, "Well, that was fun, I wonder what's cool in Weekly Jump right no- 'Yu-Gi-Oh!'? Hmm ..." He goes for a popular sub genre of Shonen manga: the game battle. He introduces the Greed Island card battle game (which is clearly inspired by "Yu-Gi-Oh!". In the manga the cards even look like Yu-Gi-Oh!'s manga cards). After that, it's back to the much more bleak Chimera Ant arc, which clearly takes after Dragon Ball. The Chimera Ant King is clearly Cell. Even the way he takes over the NGO is reminiscent of how Cell took over the world in Dragon Ball.

    So, the question is, which manga will Togashi go after next? I'd say One Piece. This whole Dark Continent thing is reminiscent of the New World. That is to say, Togashi will have his characters go through a seriously hard trial and have them come back with new appearances and new powers.

  14. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Isn't it the reason some people didn't like Alluka's Hatsu? Because this power made him normal, so Gon can freely use Nen and his body is in perfect condition like before his fight with Pitou, it was Killua's wish, it was granted. Alluka's restrictions don't apply only to Killua but others person paid the price.

    I don't know what i said in my post which implies that HXH is a generic battle manga, there are battle of wits yes but power is important, you aren't going to beat superpowered monsters from another continent with brains alone.
    People had no problem with Alluka's ability because it had Nen balance. What people had an issue with was Gon being perfectly healed because Killua can override Alluka's restrictions.
    Alluka's restrictions not applying to Killua is a massive asspull and goes against all the restrictions and balance of Nen that have been established, Togashi is not a dumb man so it's obvious that Gon has at least temporarily lost his Nen or some other consequence has happened due to Gon being healed because it would just be objectively poor writing otherwise.

    ---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    What will happen in the next arc is Togashi rips off another manga trope.

    The Hunter Exams arc was a typical Shonen arc meant to introduce the characters, the world, and the pace of the manga. From this arc, Togashi makes it clear that while this is a Shonen manga, he's going to go at it at a much slower pace. Our hero is a nekketsu hero but he isn't as hot-blooded as you think he's going to be, his best friend is a killer his own age, there's two guys with interesting backstories, and a profession called "Hunter" that ... does everything, more or less. Then comes the Heaven's Arena arc, where Togashi finally says, "Okay, now that you know these guys, I'm going to show you how they fight." He introduces the Nen system through an almost-pointless tournament. Slow down. Togashi introduces the Shonen series' way of fighting more than 50 chapters into the manga. He's clearly saying, "Let me take my time and examine this Shonen stuff bit by bit." He even gives names to the forms of aura so commonly seen in other Shonen manga. Then comes York New City, where Togashi basically thinks "Let me take this manga to a place a little bit darker than it already is." The stakes are higher, our characters aren't in these fantasy jungles or islands anymore; they're in the big city. We're suddenly dealing with the mafia, the criminal underworld, and superhuman murderers. Togashi takes the series for a sudden noir turn as Gon and Killua's adventurous selves are put on the back burner for Killua's dark intentions. Then comes Greed Island. Togashi is probably thinking, "Well, that was fun, I wonder what's cool in Weekly Jump right no- 'Yu-Gi-Oh!'? Hmm ..." He goes for a popular sub genre of Shonen manga: the game battle. He introduces the Greed Island card battle game (which is clearly inspired by "Yu-Gi-Oh!". In the manga the cards even look like Yu-Gi-Oh!'s manga cards). After that, it's back to the much more bleak Chimera Ant arc, which clearly takes after Dragon Ball. The Chimera Ant King is clearly Cell. Even the way he takes over the NGO is reminiscent of how Cell took over the world in Dragon Ball.

    So, the question is, which manga will Togashi go after next? I'd say One Piece. This whole Dark Continent thing is reminiscent of the New World. That is to say, Togashi will have his characters go through a seriously hard trial and have them come back with new appearances and new powers.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Togashi hasn't "ripped off" anything. They're called DECONSTRUCTIONS.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: what I think will happen in the next arc [manga spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rica_Patin View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Togashi hasn't "ripped off" anything. They're called DECONSTRUCTIONS.
    Yes, Misses TVTropes, I am well-aware of what they're called. Still doesn't change the fact that a lot of stuff from HxH is outright ripping off other manga. Even the Japanese readers have acknowledged this a long time ago. Don't get so defensive. There's nothing really wrong with this via the way Togashi executes it.

    So no matter how much you want to spout your TVTropes knowledge, I'll still continue to use the phrase "rip-off."

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts