Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

I kinda like that they mention NOW the drugs, make Hunters look less naive.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Any prediction on how many episodes will be in this arc?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Long enough to buy Trollgashi some time, I hope!
    Good episode. The fillers... work for the anime, I guess. Kinda cool to see how Ponzu and Pokkuru went into this job (hope the other Hunter investigation teams also get more than just a mention), as well as what the secret NGL forces were doing during the first stages of the Chimera Ant's expansion campaigns. Too bad, I prefer the manga better, as the non-mentioned and non-fundamental parts were left to my imagination, which I regard as a way better way of presenting things in a media. Maybe it's not the case for animes then?
    Also, I like build up chapters/episodes like this, they put perspective into things and that is always a bonus.
    "You can never be certain of any outcome. That is the battle involving nen!
    But even so...
    You fight with 100% confidence that you will win!
    That's the true spirit of a nen-user.
    " - Morau

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
    Going inside the Chimera Ant colony - getting to know them - makes things worse, rather than better. That's because there are no recognizable villan traits here - they aren't criminals like the Phantom Troupe, or greedy psychotics like The Bomber, or even out to get off by fighting strong opponents like Hisoka. No, this is all about simple survival and expansion. We're watching the Chimera Ants evolve before our very eyes, and it's a frightening prospect. They just go about their business, rounding up humans as food, preparing for the birth of The King, doing The Queen's bidding without question. As to that last part, though, it's not literally true - they do ask questions. Not of the Queen's authority, but of the world - and they have initiative.
    Taking from Guardian Enzo's episode 78 review. This paragraph is exactly why the madhouse filler are good for the story

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    - Just wait 'til "that turtle guy" runs into nuclear bombs, the Japanese kind.

Spoiler show

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Some other reactions after seeing the episode a second time:

- The Queen sounds like a lazy jerk who only eats and gives birth all day to me...
    - If I were a Chimera Ant I'd use her ability to try to imitate some Pokemon. That would be awesome.
    - Okay now the Queen just sounds like a female Hisoka.
    - "I'm a spontaneous guy, so I'd think about it when the time comes."
    - "Say for instance...you and Gon were sleeping together and Gon jumped you." MENTAL SIMULATION
    - Oh fudge. I'm going to be making Gon MENTAL SIMULATION jokes all the time now thanks to MH.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite like this guy review of this week and last week episode.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an issue with the Colt filler. The queen gives birth by the process of phagogenenis, which mean that eat, digest and feeds herself with other creature, which is merely a "nutritive sostance". When the queen has been feeded enough, she could generate a new creature. So Colt could not have the memory of his mother. He is not like a "possessed" Kurt, it's entirely a different creature with no relation with his past.

Am i missing something?

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

To SHINOBI03:

I'm a anime-only viewer, and there are 2 events that i didn't manage to know if they are filler or canon material.

1) Biscuit told Gon&Killua that at first she approached them to ruin their friendship. That makes little sense to me according to Biscuit characterization. Do you have any other info?

2) When Gon&Killua went to Kite, he attacked them. It was also in manga? If not, they started to talk around the fire once they arrived?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by HxHFan1; May 06, 2013 at 06:41 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HxHFan1 View Post
    I have an issue with the Colt filler. The queen gives birth by the process of phagogenenis, which mean that eat, digest and feeds herself with other creature, which is merely a "nutritive sostance". When the queen has been feeded enough, she could generate a new creature. So Colt could not have the memory of his mother. He is not like a "possessed" Kurt, it's entirely a different creature with no relation with his past.

Am i missing something?

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

To SHINOBI03:

I'm a anime-only viewer, and there are 2 events that i didn't manage to know if they are filler or canon material.

1) Biscuit told Gon&Killua that at first she approached them to ruin their friendship. That makes little sense to me according to Biscuit characterization. Do you have any other info?

2) When Gon&Killua went to Kite, he attacked them. It was also in manga? If not, they started to talk around the fire once they arrived?

Thanks in advance
    Saying it in a way that does not spoil you, the Colt filler is in line with the manga, don't worry. And to your 2 questions:

1) That is canon. Basically, that was the initial plan, but she "fell in love" with their friendship.

2) Nope, that wasn't in the manga, since Gon was already Kaito's friend and vice-versa, so they recognized each other immediatelly and started talking. On the anime, I think you got the wrong impression, though: he didn't attack them, he attacked the Chimera Ant nest that was behind them.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    Saying it in a way that does not spoil you, the Colt filler is in line with the manga, don't worry. And to your 2 questions:
    ok, i'll wait and see it.

Quote Quote:
    1) That is canon. Basically, that was the initial plan, but she "fell in love" with their friendship.
    isn't that out of character? It seems weird to me

Quote Quote:
    2) Nope, that wasn't in the manga, since Gon was already Kaito's friend and vice-versa, so they recognized each other immediatelly and started talking. On the anime, I think you got the wrong impression, though: he didn't attack them, he attacked the Chimera Ant nest that was behind them.
    Yeah, i wrote it in a quick way.. i mean when it seems Kite was attacking them

thank you very much

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HxHFan1 View Post
    isn't that out of character? It seems weird to me
    In hindsight, it does feel kind of weird, especially since it's never really touched on again to any great extent. It kind of feels like something Togashi had planned to turn into something, but ended up going in a different direction with Biscuit Gon & Killua's relationship.

Speaking of the change to the Kite back story, do you guys think Gon and Kite's relationship is being constructed well now that we're a couple episodes past the controversial flashback?
    Last edited by The Invertroid; May 06, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by there76 View Post
    Any prediction on how many episodes will be in this arc?
    what is the chapter/per episode pace right now?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ikahel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    what is the chapter/per episode pace right now?
    If arc begins with chap 186:
    ep 76 - chapter 1/ so 0 chapters of main material
    ep 77 - chap 186,187 - 2 chapters
    ep 78 - chap 188 - one chap

1 chap per 1 episode, but it's easy to predict that when more important battles begin, the pace (even with fillers) will be probably 3~ chapters for one ep

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    In hindsight, it does feel kind of weird, especially since it's never really touched on again to any great extent. It kind of feels like something Togashi had planned to turn into something, but ended up going in a different direction with Biscuit Gon & Killua's relationship.

Speaking of the change to the Kite back story, do you guys think Gon and Kite's relationship is being constructed well now that we're a couple episodes past the controversial flashback?
    Yes I think it is being done very well.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post

Actually, i think it goes in line with Biscuit's personality. Basically, my impression of her is to find "whatever is interesting". She initially didn't join the group and seeked out Gon and Killua because she is more interested in their relationship, and thought what would happen if she separated them.

Then as she monitored them, she is more interested by their potential and talents and wanted to see their full potential by training them. As she starts to train them she recognises and appreciates their friendship.

The same goes for when they bumped into Hisoka, and told the others to keep him close because he's hiding something.

How is Kite's flashback controversial? it gives him a back story and tells us he loves animals, and...

Spoiler show

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast