Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by huntersq View Post
    Actually, i think it goes in line with Biscuit's personality. Basically, my impression of her is to find "whatever is interesting". She initially didn't join the group and seeked out Gon and Killua because she is more interested in their relationship, and thought what would happen if she separated them.

Then as she monitored them, she is more interested by their potential and talents and wanted to see their full potential by training them. As she starts to train them she recognises and appreciates their friendship.

The same goes for when they bumped into Hisoka, and told the others to keep him close because he's hiding something.

Spoiler show
    I agree to your point of view, however i think Biscuit's change of plans should be made more explicit because it's not clear if you don't look in deep like you did

By the way, it was left out of Madhouse adaptation. I think it's better without it.
    Last edited by HxHFan1; May 07, 2013 at 02:35 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yunju and Rammot

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mikisi's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

^like always, waiting for VAs

I like Rammot color scheme. Green hair <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xScar's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yunju is voiced by Yuya Murakami (Balda, Bloster, Won, Umori)
    Rammot is voiced by Shinya Hamazoe (Kortopi, Lin Koshi)

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Kite's flashback controversial? it gives him a back story and tells us he loves animals, and...
    Madhouse changed the flashback from how it was portrayed in the manga. In the manga Gon knew who Kite was from the beginning of the series and actually learned who his dad was from him. He basically sparked Gon's inspiration for becoming a Hunter. In the Madhouse anime Gon doesn't learn who Kite is, and his connection to Ging, until they meet again after Greed Island. Some think this change decreases the weight of Gon and Kite's relationship.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    Madhouse changed the flashback from how it was portrayed in the manga. In the manga Gon knew who Kite was from the beginning of the series and actually learned who his dad was from him. He basically sparked Gon's inspiration for becoming a Hunter. In the Madhouse anime Gon doesn't learn who Kite is, and his connection to Ging, until they meet again after Greed Island. Some think this change decreases the weight of Gon and Kite's relationship.
    AH, i see.

Yah it does diminish Kite and Gon's relationship when they didn't recognize each other from their first meeting. I also miss Gon's relationship with the bear as well, those were my favorite moments from the manga.

Although from a production point of view, it sorta makes sense for Madhouse to not introduce a character for the 1st episode, and have him show up again 70+ episodes after.

And i've always find it weird that in the manga, Kite realize Gon is Ging's son just by a "determined look" that Gon gave him. (Are there no other stubborn kids in the Hunter universe?)

Take the good with the bad i suppose.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

AH, i see.

Yah it does diminish Kite and Gon's relationship when they didn't recognize each other from their first meeting.
    After these latest episodes since the shitstorm of QQing with ep 76, I don't think "diminish" is exactly the right word to describe Gon and Kite's bond in this anime. Maybe variation/permutation? Madhouse implies Ging wanted Gon to find Kite after Greed Island for two reasons

1. So Gon still doesn't find him at that point
    2. Mentor under Kite for the time being

With 78, Gon's determination to be with Kite is pretty rock solid now since he feels he owes it not only to Kite (Being saved on Whale Island) but Ging also who from Gon's perspective seems to have orchestrated this grand plan of his development as a Hunter. As this adaption has been stressing, when Gon sets his mind on something he intends to see it through to the end no matter the consequences because his pride won't let him otherwise which is emphasized as one of Gon's tragic flaws if we're name-calling literary devices

I'm pretty satisfied regarding Gon and Kite in this anime now; we just have to see things play out and enjoy the arc
    Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; May 07, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    After these latest episodes since the shitstorm of QQing with ep 76, I don't think "diminish" is exactly the right word to describe Gon and Kite's bond in this anime. Maybe variation/permutation? Madhouse implies Ging wanted Gon to find Kite after Greed Island for two reasons

1. So Gon still doesn't find him at that point
    2. Mentor under Kite for the time being

With 78, Gon's determination to be with Kite is pretty rock solid now since he feels he owes it not only to Kite (Being saved on Whale Island) but Ging also who from Gon's perspective seems to have orchestrated this grand plan of his development as a Hunter. As this adaption has been stressing too, when Gon sets his mind on something he intends to see it through to the end no matter the consequences because his pride won't let him otherwise which is emphasized as one of Gon's tragic flaws if we're name-calling literary devices

I'm pretty satisfied regarding Gon and Kite in this anime now; we just have to see things play out and enjoy the arc
    The anime did address that Gon would've met up with Ging had he used "magnet force" instead of "accompany on", so to do that and then say that Ging had intentionally setup Kite and Gon's meeting after GI for training is kinda convoluted. But I do appreciate Madhouse's interpretation of the manga in that Ging had always been the "invisible hand" that guided Gon's development.

I guess what's special about Kite and Gon's relationship in the manga was that Kite was Gon's first glimpse to the outside / Hunter world. Kite was the first person to tell Gon about his father, and started Gon on his path towards being a hunter and looking for his dad. Kite is essentially Gon's first mentor, and it is that relationship that is lost in the anime, which played a heavy influence on some of Gon's decisions later on in the ant arch.

But like you said, Madhouse made enough alterations to re-establish their relationship in a another way, and we'll see how it plays out.
    Last edited by huntersq; May 07, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely feel that Gon's determination is evident an strongly conveyed in Madhouse's adaptation.
    Gon owes it to both Kite and Ging to give it his all.
    Kite saved him and earned the respect of his father Ging.
    Letting down Kite equates to letting down Ging.
    I love the way this is being handled.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

With that 78th episode.Isn't HXH the longest anime made by MH?(If we don't consider Hajime no Ippo New Challenger)
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    With that 78th episode.Isn't HXH the longest anime made by MH?(If we don't consider Hajime no Ippo New Challenger)
    Nope, the longest anime they made is Yawara! with 124 episodes. It's the adaption of a manga by Naoki Urasawa, I'm sure that name rings a bell At second place probably would be Azuki-chan with 117 episodes. If you want to consider shorts, then there's Chi's Sweet Home too, with 104 episodes and a 104 episodes long sequel (so in a sense the longest, if you ignore that each episode is only about 3 minutes long). I think those are the only series with more than 100 episodes Madhouse ever made.

So yep, still a long way to go until it becomes the longest So to become the longest-running anime of Madhouse (if you ignore Chi) Hunter x Hunter still needs another 47 episodes. Absolutely not unlikely though, if you ask me. If they really go all they way to where the manga is right now, we should most likely get more than the required episodes, especially if you consider that their pace seems to be a lot slower now (granted they won't be able to maintain that low speed at certain parts but I'm confident we still have at least around 50 episodes left to reach the current point of the manga).
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; May 08, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

good no delay in the next five episodes
    here the titles and the staff working on them

and don't try to translate it using google

Spoiler show

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

79: NG x at x NGL (NG in Engrish means No Good, opposite meaning of OK)
    Spoiler show

80: Bad x and x Worst
    Spoiler show

81: The x Battle x Begins
    Spoiler show

82: Kite's x Slot x Machine
    Spoiler show

83: Inspiration x to x Progress
    Spoiler show

20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this episode covered 1 chapter worth of material but I honestly don't care since I like seeing alot of this stuff fleshed out. So overall another solid episode. Yunju and his squad should be named "Team Fuck Shit Up"

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved this episode, really loving the deeper look at Gyro's army. Anyone else notice the two soldiers at the end?
    Mr Eyebrows and his good friend Zaquail? aka.
    Spoiler show

Not only did we see them, we also saw GYRO, holy fuck!!

I am psyched beyond words. Also I enjoyed the extra bits with Koala-Ant. Especially the foreshadowing of him looking at
    Spoiler show

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

24. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast