Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lasso's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Madhouse as always delivering on the big moments.

The scene (as i'm gonna call it) lasted ~2minutes, but it was as terrifying, as dark, as a whole anime could deliver in 26 episodes.

It showed us the Gap between Gon And killua, and what's lying in front of them, in the most proper way "Pitou looking down on them and not even trying to chase them".

10/10 for me.

This episode featured the appearance of one my fav characters in HxH, Morel-san, Listen to his words guys, He's the veteran voice of all what's coming up.

Madhouse finished the episode with a brilliant end, As Togashi message was clear "This isn't your regular shounen show, kids".

Best Episode by far in this arc, i would dare to say it rivals the requiem episode in yorknew arc.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Good episode. Good arm cutting. Some good music.

Although, of course, it wasn't perfect in my eyes. And some glaring flaws which has been existing still exist in this episode.

Clearly, the scene after Pitou showed his aura at Gon and Killua were dragged out. The same for the showdown between Kaito and Pitou. The events did not feel smooth. If that was what really happened, Gon and Killua would not have had the chance to escape - because it would be too late (yes, even a few seconds is very, very late for HxH). There would be a high chance that they would be killed on the spot.

Of course, one could make a string of arguments of how Pitou did not need to care about Gon and Killua because they were "weak". But it just feels unnecessarily dragged out. That was more than enough time for Pitou to kill Gon and Killua and THEN deal with Kaito as well. That would be the end of HxH.

When the fillers are out of the way, let's hope that we see smoother progression from now on.
    Last edited by jam1; June 23, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I'm sure a lot of anime only viewers expected the attack and Kite probably dying but Togashi did a pretty nasty thing here. I mean we knew what was going to come but when Gon went all "Kite surely is alive!" with his eyes shining bright most definitely thought something alike of "Oh sure, it's a shounen after all. Kite got away badly wounded and is hiding somewhere, yes!" and then a few minutes later we see Pitou with Kite's head. It's like a surprising fist in the face for the people not knowing what was going to come because it's pretty unusual for a shounen to have a bad outcome even after some kind of emotional/motivational speech. That surely was a mindfuck for everyone who doesn't read the manga.
    Yeah, Madhouse was giving Kite serious deathflags throughout the arc thus far (or at the very least, something is going to happen to Kite), but seeing Gon's optimism juxtaposed with the outcome of the fight was just cruel. It's a very powerful scene, and although Gon is supposed to be bright and uplifting, it's hard to feel that way watching this episode. Madhouse is portraying what the ant arc is all about, and I'm liking every minute of it.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; June 23, 2013 at 09:06 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I'm sure a lot of anime only viewers expected the attack and Kite probably dying but Togashi did a pretty nasty thing here. I mean we knew what was going to come but when Gon went all "Kite surely is alive!" with his eyes shining bright most definitely thought something alike of "Oh sure, it's a shounen after all. Kite got away badly wounded and is hiding somewhere, yes!" and then a few minutes later we see Pitou with Kite's head. It's like a surprising fist in the face for the people not knowing what was going to come because it's pretty unusual for a shounen to have a bad outcome even after some kind of emotional/motivational speech. That surely was a mindfuck for everyone who doesn't read the manga.
    I have been watching some reviews for this episode on youtube.There's a lot more reviews this week due to that event. There were some anime only viewers who actually didn't saw the attack coming and Kite's death. Some of them took Kite's death pretty badly.(Even worse than the manga fans) Definitely agree with the underling part.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wr7U5sJ0J4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHGyNxrth4

Quote Quote:
    Indeed, Morel's and Knov's voice were better than I expected, great job. My favourite was Gon screaming out his lungs - you could practically feel the wrath and despair in his scream...
    It must have took Megumi-san a lot of energy to do that. It's really impressive that she managed to capture Gon's anger in that scene.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess you said everything.
    This was an awesome episode and when I saw Kite's severed head, my heart broke.
    Excellent also the scene with Gon and Killua; I always liked this moment in the manga and seeing it finally animated, made my day.
    Can't wait now to watch the next episode.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a feeling that Gon was a little bit in denial - maybe a little delusional - in the manga. When he categorically asserts that Kite must still be alive, you see a shot of him clenching the blankets. Anyway small detail. I also thought the Kaito fight scene progressed a little too slowly and the fillers dragged out the episode too much but all in all this episode really set the ball rolling for this arc imo.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Have a feeling that Gon was a little bit in denial - maybe a little delusional - in the manga. When he categorically asserts that Kite must still be alive, you see a shot of him clenching the blankets. Anyway small detail. I also thought the Kaito fight scene progressed a little too slowly and the fillers dragged out the episode too much but all in all this episode really set the ball rolling for this arc imo.
    Actually also the awkward lack of background music during the fight. Agree that all in all it was a good episode. May see some improvements in future (actually, if you read the manga, the intensity of the fights is starting to escalate, so there HAS to be a proportional escalation in the anime as well - it is absolutely unavoidable).
    Last edited by jam1; June 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Notes are down, next is image editing and uploading, then the final touches. In the meanwhile, enjoy this:

Spoiler show

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Notes are down, next is image editing and uploading, then the final touches. In the meanwhile, enjoy this:

Spoiler show
    Sense of speed!!!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Just damn.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

-EPISODE 85-

Spoiler: Part 1 show

------------------------

Spoiler: Part 2 show

17. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    I have been watching some reviews for this episode on youtube.There's a lot more reviews this week due to that event. There were some anime only viewers who actually didn't saw the attack coming and Kite's death. Some of them took Kite's death pretty badly.(Even worse than the manga fans) Definitely agree with the underling part.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wr7U5sJ0J4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHGyNxrth4

It must have took Megumi-san a lot of energy to do that. It's really impressive that she managed to capture Gon's anger in that scene.
    Well it's no surprise that there's a shitstorm, surely not everyone likes this development. I think it was pretty well done by Madhouse - most people probably knew something was coming but you couldn't tell how grave it would actually be.
    I loved the second review you shared, I could so feel with that dude

Yep, the performance of japanese VA's is just awesome sometimes. The voice acting was top-notch the whole episode, I'm starting to really like Nefelpitou's VA too. When she says "I guess I'm pretty strong"... so casually and playful, like a kid just killed a little ant.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    Good episode. Good arm cutting. Some good music.

Although, of course, it wasn't perfect in my eyes. And some glaring flaws which has been existing still exist in this episode.

Clearly, the scene after Pitou showed his aura at Gon and Killua were dragged out. The same for the showdown between Kaito and Pitou. The events did not feel smooth. If that was what really happened, Gon and Killua would not have had the chance to escape - because it would be too late (yes, even a few seconds is very, very late for HxH). There would be a high chance that they would be killed on the spot.

Of course, one could make a string of arguments of how Pitou did not need to care about Gon and Killua because they were "weak". But it just feels unnecessarily dragged out. That was more than enough time for Pitou to kill Gon and Killua and THEN deal with Kaito as well. That would be the end of HxH.

When the fillers are out of the way, let's hope that we see smoother progression from now on.
    Didn't you notice that Pitou was curious? She wanted to see what Kaito could do. She could have destroyed Gon and Killua and then easily go back for Kaito, but Kaito was stronger and she wanted to see what she could do (evidenced by the comment made when Kaito uses his Crazy Slots).

And on the episode. Man... that was just great. I've been waiting so long for this episode and it's so damn good. Just as I expected, like always, Madhouse delivers, both on little details and on the big stuff such as this.

9.9/10. Wanna know the reason why? Because of a little detail...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by MegamanX195; June 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I want more of those reviews.

And now looking at the panel of the manga of Pitou looking from far away I wish Madhouse used more aberrant angles.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    Clearly, the scene after Pitou showed his aura at Gon and Killua were dragged out.
    Yeah, they probably could have done it faster, like in the fan animation Shinobi posted. Still, I think they wanted to give viewers enough time to comprehend everything that was going on in the scene. Kite getting attacked, Pitou intimidating the boys, Gon getting angry, Killua knocking him out and Kite telling Killua to take Gon and run is a lot to take in when you're not familiar with the events from the manga.
    Last edited by The Invertroid; June 23, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast