Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

  1. #1036
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    She is a sentient being with human intelligence. Guys like Colt bitch about the King and the RG being "devils" because they "eat their own kind" but in the very same breath throw people into a sausage factory. C'mon. Humans are animals too. They too, farm animals for meat but at least you could make the argument that farm animals are inferior in intellect and awareness. It's doubly ironic for the ants because they possess human genes as well. Presumably even the King and RG have human genes - otherwise how did they pick up human speech right off the bat?
    Colt had a right to bitch, because its like your brother was born and he killed and ate your family members, thats way different than eating an animal thats supposed to be your prey. Also what people do to farm animals seem far worse than what the ants are doing, ants are just eating people and helping their queen prepare for birth. What people do is inject animals with steroids, and force them into a cycle where they are practically born into their place of death (no I'm not a vegetarian, just saying its still pretty messed up).

    But back to what I was saying the king and the RG were pretty cruel because they had no regard for there family. Yeah they have human genes but they don't only eat humans, that just seems to be what they prefer, and I can't really blame them. The only reason I see them as wrong is because the way they go about doing it, and the fact that Im a person helps put me on the side of the people, Im rooting for them especially because I love those characters.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #1037
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dortmund
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Can anyone tell me, how are the adaption of the anime till now ? I have stopped HxH in the middle of the "Tower Arc", because of lack of time to watch it.

  4. #1038
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    Can anyone tell me, how are the adaption of the anime till now ? I have stopped HxH in the middle of the "Tower Arc", because of lack of time to watch it.
    WATCH IT.
    Seriously, at least to me, its near perfection, specially the chimera ant arc.

  5. #1039
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    You should DEFINITELY check it out. The current arcs are nothing like the Hunter Exam, and this adaptation is faithful to the manga for the most part.

  6. #1040
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Colt had a right to bitch, because its like your brother was born and he killed and ate your family members, thats way different than eating an animal thats supposed to be your prey. Also what people do to farm animals seem far worse than what the ants are doing, ants are just eating people and helping their queen prepare for birth. What people do is inject animals with steroids, and force them into a cycle where they are practically born into their place of death (no I'm not a vegetarian, just saying its still pretty messed up).

    But back to what I was saying the king and the RG were pretty cruel because they had no regard for there family. Yeah they have human genes but they don't only eat humans, that just seems to be what they prefer, and I can't really blame them. The only reason I see them as wrong is because the way they go about doing it, and the fact that Im a person helps put me on the side of the people, Im rooting for them especially because I love those characters.
    I disagree, I believe that what the ants are doing is worse that what people do to animals. Normally humans eat animals because animals are intellectually inferior to them, if animals were intellectually equal to humans they wouldn't be eaten. I mean, would someone be able to eat, let's say a rabbit, that is able to think, speak, cry, and beg for its life? of course not! why? because normally people wouldn't have the heart to do so, it might actually feel like being a cannibal! and I think that in that case people wouldn't even consider animals their prey, they might actually consider them as their enemies, just like in Sci-Fi movies were people view Aliens as their enemies but never as their food. On the other hand, the ants are killing and eating people who think, speak, cry, and beg for their lives. And they love doing that even though they posses human genes and can remember some parts of their lives as humans!

    What Colt is doing seems somehow like a robber that has robbed a house and now is bitching because his friend robbed him, so he goes to the people whom he robbed and beg for their help to catch his supposed-to-be-friend!

  7. #1041
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I disagree, I believe that what the ants are doing is worse that what people do to animals. Normally humans eat animals because animals are intellectually inferior to them, if animals were intellectually equal to humans they wouldn't be eaten. I mean, would someone be able to eat, let's say a rabbit, that is able to think, speak, cry, and beg for its life? of course not! why? because normally people wouldn't have the heart to do so, it might actually feel like being a cannibal!
    Technically, animals are crying when you kill them, it's just we don't understand them nor do we give a fuck about understanding them. To the Ants, even though they understand humans, they just don't care. And we don't eat animals because they are intellectually inferior, it's because they are a food source. We don't eat them for joy, it's just how the food chain operates. There's prey and there is a predator. If a tiger eats the shit out of me, does that make me intellectually inferior to him ? No. I'm just a food source. And if I speak to him and cry to spare my life, would he give a shit ? No, he wouldn't. It's the same for the ants.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; August 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

  8. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #1042
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    While I partly agree with King, there's way more to this. First, I wonder why the newborn ants are compared to us humans, who evolved in both physics and mind over centuries and more. This in itself is a fault, me thinks. Togashi actually is portraying the newborn human race here. Mercilessly struggling for power, wisdom and survival, no matter the cost. We shouldn't forget that, in the past, before we build things like a moral concept and ideals, the humans were just like the ants in Hunter x Hunter. Not really caring for the weak, surviving of the fittest. Heck we slaughtered countless of our own kind, just to ensure that a certain group would stay at the top or become even more powerful. Did these guys feel remorse? Some did, likely, but they still slaughtered. Were there guys who just enjoyed killing or wanted power, not caring for anything weak that they've trampled along the way? Yes, probably a lot.
    Were there inner conflicts and tyrants? But of course. Were there humans who came to a past enemy to defeat the new enemy born inside the own country? Leave out if it was just a personal thing, justified or not, it happened a damn lot.
    Was there betrayal and individualism to protect your own ego or beliefs? Without a doubt, not even a question.

    So as I see it, Togashi is portraying early human civilization. Ofc not completely, there ought to be some differences, but still the ants are awfully similar to how humans acted in the past. People tend to ignore that the Ants are practically reborn, and need to build values, morals and such stuff over time.

    Spoiler: Manga readers only show


    Humans crushed the weak ones despite all the tears and blood that was shed, so don't expect the Ants to give a shit about it just after they were born. In the end, a huge chunk of them is human

  10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #1043
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    -EPISODE 92-
    Spoiler: Part 1 show


    ------------------------------

    Spoiler: Part 2 show
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; August 17, 2013 at 05:42 AM.

  12. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #1044
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Technically, animals are crying when you kill them, it's just we don't understand them nor do we give a fuck about understanding them.
    I'm sure animals feel fear but the intellectual capacity of animals is much inferior to that of a humans. Contrast this with an alien species smart enough to build rockets and cities and feel empathy and have the depth to create and understand art.

    Quote Quote:
    To the Ants, even though they understand humans, they just don't care. And we don't eat animals because they are intellectually inferior, it's because they are a food source. We don't eat them for joy, it's just how the food chain operates. There's prey and there is a predator. If a tiger eats the shit out of me, does that make me intellectually inferior to him ? No. I'm just a food source. And if I speak to him and cry to spare my life, would he give a shit ? No, he wouldn't. It's the same for the ants.
    The tiger wouldn't give a shit because he isn't smart enough to give a shit. Humans eat animals for food too. That means murder but it's justifiable because our food source isn't smart enough to have much value of life.

    The ants have no empathy for people, only empathy for their fellow ants, even though each ant is genetically dissimilar - you can't even call 'em the same species.

  14. #1045
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    The tiger wouldn't give a shit because he isn't smart enough to give a shit. Humans eat animals for food too. That means murder but it's justifiable because our food source isn't smart enough to have much value of life.

    The ants have no empathy for people, only empathy for their fellow ants, even though each ant is genetically dissimilar - you can't even call 'em the same species.
    No. It's all about the law of the jungle. The strong devours the weak. Animals eat each other all the time, even the though their intellect are somewhat close. If you throw technology and all that aside, and put humans in a barbaric life fashion. Then they will eat weaker animals, while stronger animals will eat them.

    Quote Quote:
    The tiger wouldn't give a shit because he isn't smart enough to give a shit. Humans eat animals for food too.
    Humans are smart, and I'm pretty sure that they are smart enough to tell an animal is terrified when they are about to kill it. Do they give a shit ? No. So no, it isn't as though tigers aren't smart enough to give a shit. It's just them eating a weaker specie.

    Quote Quote:
    That means murder but it's justifiable because our food source isn't smart enough to have much value of life.
    Just because humans are smart, doesn't mean they get to decide what has a value in life or not.

  15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #1046
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Okay, so I just watched the new Hunter X Hunter episode, and it was awesome. Palm was way too creepy in this episode, and Killua was my favorite part of this episode, also cheetu is really cool, great episode.

    P.S. meruem said what we were talking about a little while ago, about not sparing people. P.S.S. rammot is cool, and things are getting intense.

  17. #1047
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Darkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    New episode only in 9/1 :SS
    hunterxPROJECT.com

    brazilianHxHfansite

  18. #1048
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA - USA
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    ooh the rammot part is awesome. Madhouse has done a great job with the series, the ants arc wouldnt be animated better......

    Spoiler show
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

  19. #1049
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lasso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    Great episode from start to finish, How many animes out here can mix this kind of humor with this kind of creepiness and gore? None i think.

    The king has just been 2 days in our world and he already figured out how leaders are chosen, that part was right 100%.

    Killua's reaction faces was hilarious especially the one he made when he saw "cute" Palm.

    Next episode is going to be amazing i guess, Killua needs to get his shit together now that he's the only one separating Gon from Rammot.

    9/10.

  20. #1050
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lutv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Jakarta
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

    You can smileee again

    Spoiler show


    Another good EP, MadHouse !
    everything so lively and fun !
    Last edited by Lutv; August 18, 2013 at 02:48 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts