Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134
Results 1,996 to 2,003 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Killua is just way too incredible for this anime. Which made it feel rather unfair and offensive that they would put such a tiny amount of screentime on him and go to events that dont even matter much in the grand scheme of the arc. Did we really need all that time with scared weak characters instead of more with Killua? No. Most disappointing how did the writer not make Killua win? IT doesnt make sense as he completely overpowered him and would have fried him t o a crisp if we refer back to how epic Killua was made to be in the past arcs and even in Heaven's Arena. Togashi has clearly forgotten how strong Killua is supposed to be.

Oh well the early part of the episode was extremely pleasing and worth rewatch.
    this was my favorite episode of the arc thus far, all three phases, the strategy of pouf, the journey of ilkalgo towards finding/changing himself, acknowledging his fears/flaws and fighting against the odds and an enemy who is vastly superior in strength , and obviously the moment with killua was amazing

i guess i can see where some of the complaints are coming from about the slow pace and all, but that is a MINOR problem for an amazing anime, honestly i have never watched another anime , at least of the shounen/action genre, that has had me this glued to the screen , on the edge of my seat with suspense and anticipation

madhouse is really really getting the job done, and togashis story-telling and characters are unparalleled

this anime gets a 10/10 and so did this episode

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    There is no way they can be at their levels yet. Using Kanmuru to hit your opponent knowing someone will saye you and fighting is completely different and Youpi contrarly to the PT is a noob at Nen. Really, if Killua had tried this on Pouf or Pitou he would have got murdered, his reflexes are superior but Kanmuru works better as a counter attack by reading the opponents hostile intents. As you saw when Killua came near him, his speed is not really that of lighting. Remember how Knuckle and Morel were dodging Cheetu's moves.

I am not sure about Kortopi but any other Spiders would kill him.

EDIT: He would beat Kalluto .
    kalluto is very deadly considering he looks like a cute little girl....

but he is even younger than killua, give him time and he will be a monster as well

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I finally got around to this episode of HxH... and they animated one of my favorite parts!

I didn't think it was going to come up this quickly in the anime since it felt like there was quite the gap between Killua meeting Meleoron and Killua vs. Youpi, and I was curious as to how Madhouse was going to animate Godspeed. And they, as usual, did not disappoint. It felt like he was going super saiyan or something. But the glow and the effects and everything looked marvelous. I'm sad it went by so quickly, but considering how quickly it was in the manga as well, it's to be expected.

I mean, Killua has a pretty strong ability at this point combined with his already inhuman speed, but he also has a major caveat with it as well--it requires a lot of charging and uses up a lot of his aura unless he can somehow train himself to make better use of it and increase its' duration.

I think Godspeed's at lightning speed as the electricity is enhancing his nerve impulses (which are based on electrical charges). At some point in the future I believe he's going to reach the speed of light (which is quicker than lightning IIRC), but also mix it in with his other techniques as he learns to make better use of his aura so he doesn't burn through it as quickly. As is, Godspeed is pretty strong, so I think Killua's nen growth from here on out will be enhancing the duration of it or mixing it with other electricity-based techniques.

Spoiler show

And then Ikalgo's fight. Not one of the more memorable fights from this arc, IMO, but Madhouse did a pretty good job with it as well.

As for Gon and Killua's levels at this point compared with the spiders--I'd say they're on par with some of the weaker members (like Shizuku and Kalluto), but could still get beaten by Feitan, Bonolenov, and maybe Phinx and Shalnark and maaaaybe Machi. Some of the others I'm not sure about since I haven't seen as much from them like Franklin and Nobu. Of course, it will depend on how nen is used and how compatible the opponents nen is, but I would say Gon and Killua are 'spider quality' at this point.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; March 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    kalluto is very deadly considering he looks like a cute little girl....

but he is even younger than killua, give him time and he will be a monster as well
    Kalluto may become strong but Killua is a genius and mastered electrical transmutation at such a young age< Godspeed is already a fearsome technique. When his powers will mature he will become a true god .
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lutv's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Great EP, Pufu and Morau scene make me laugh damn
    The ending its what i expect
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Lutv; March 11, 2014 at 04:28 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Great episode, the pace is faster. You can feel the tension, the teamwork and bond teacher-disciple with Morel and Knuckle, everything. The Pouf fan that I am is pleased, easily my favorite Royal Guard.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved the episode , everything went smoothly and it rose some questions as well! I'm thinking the person in the cocoon is palm.. but idk and if so why didn't they just kill her? And what's up with Knov? Didn't expect seeing him there! I wonder if he's gonna do something..
    Pouf was fabulous as always XD and I really liked his scenes this ep.. made me think more highly of him and I liked his powers
    Easily 9.5/10

The ending made me go bananas, so hyped!

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode could have been much better. There was no plot development with this glacial pacing. Too much time was wasted on the citizen of the country and his fear of needing to escape as well as too much time on Poufs explanation and then Youpi, which we've gotten tired of this tenth episode in a row with him still using the same dull physical moves.

With how things are going, I assume the fights would be wrapped up in some quick one or two episode thing to bring everything altogether in some splendid manner? Or does that even wrap up slowly?

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134