Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

He sleeps just for 3 hours?? I thought that was only Oda!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is rather the standard for a weekly mangaka schedule.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I remember the shock and surprise when Hiroshi Shiibashi's schedule came out and people were all shocked at his 3 hour sleep schedule or whatnot. Working for a weekly publication seems pretty deadly, save for the occasional week off for the double issues (that I wouldn't swear they all actually take off, natch)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meeedoooz View Post
    what the ... ? can human beings do that ? for 13 years ? doesn't he have a wife and kids ?
    I think they knew pretty well how hard it would be when they decided to become mangakas.

Imagine how hard you have to work to get serialized now imagine working on a 7 days deadline to release a chapter of usually 19 to 20 pages, they knew what was waiting for them right after their serialization.

We think it's crazy but wouldn't you like to work like crazy for something you enjoy doing? Sure, some might lose the motivation or their will but like we've seen in Bakuman the fan letters, the support helps them get motivated when they feel like shit. The money helps too

As for their family and the rest, we have no idea how they do. Hell, some might even bring their kids in their workplace and work with them around. Staying at your workplace most of the time doesn't mean your family can't come and stay with you for a bit. But i know what you mean it's hard but i suppose that some might retire earlier than they should. Besides mangaka isn't the only profession that makes it difficult to have some family time.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    He sleeps just for 3 hours?? I thought that was only Oda!
    Oh come on! It's not because his manga is the most famous one in JUMP that he needs to be the one that sleep the less or works the hardest. Every mangaka work as hard as the others do, the only thing that makes one more famous than the other is how the audience perceive their work.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Greco's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by korshunxD View Post
    Voice Actors for VOMIC Shokugeki no Soma:3
    ● Yukihira Soma: Ono Yuuki (Kagami Taiga - Kuroko no Basuke, Kaname Tsukahara - Kimi to Boku)
    ● Nakiri Eina: Nakahara Mai (Loxar Juvia - Fairy Tail, Otonashi Hatsune - Angel Beats )
    ● Yukihira Joichiro: Koyama Rikiya (Starrk Coyote - Bleach, Yamato Tenzou - Naruto Shippuuden)
    ● Kurase Mayumi : Saori Hayashi (Saori - Sacred Seven, Mogi - Sankarea)
    ● Minegasaki : China Izumi (?)

dasdagdfhgsd! Yuki Ono, Zenkichi from Medaka Box, will be Soma dasfdasrasdfd awesome!!
    Hi's totally cool, I admire his voice.

MyAnimeList

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Pietro's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by korshunxD View Post
    Voice Actors for VOMIC Shokugeki no Soma:3
    ● Yukihira Soma: Ono Yuuki (Kagami Taiga - Kuroko no Basuke, Kaname Tsukahara - Kimi to Boku)
    ● Nakiri Eina: Nakahara Mai (Loxar Juvia - Fairy Tail, Otonashi Hatsune - Angel Beats )
    ● Yukihira Joichiro: Koyama Rikiya (Starrk Coyote - Bleach, Yamato Tenzou - Naruto Shippuuden)
    ● Kurase Mayumi : Saori Hayashi (Saori - Sacred Seven, Mogi - Sankarea)
    ● Minegasaki : China Izumi (?)

Woww! Those dubbers are perfect for the carachters

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    I think they knew pretty well how hard it would be when they decided to become mangakas.

Imagine how hard you have to work to get serialized now imagine working on a 7 days deadline to release a chapter of usually 19 to 20 pages, they knew what was waiting for them right after their serialization.

We think it's crazy but wouldn't you like to work like crazy for something you enjoy doing? Sure, some might lose the motivation or their will but like we've seen in Bakuman the fan letters, the support helps them get motivated when they feel like shit. The money helps too

As for their family and the rest, we have no idea how they do. Hell, some might even bring their kids in their workplace and work with them around. Staying at your workplace most of the time doesn't mean your family can't come and stay with you for a bit. But i know what you mean it's hard but i suppose that some might retire earlier than they should. Besides mangaka isn't the only profession that makes it difficult to have some family time.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Oh come on! It's not because his manga is the most famous one in JUMP that he needs to be the one that sleep the less or works the hardest. Every mangaka work as hard as the others do, the only thing that makes one more famous than the other is how the audience perceive their work.
    Its also likely than like most familys, other members support them for their endeavors, especially with the success and joy it brings to their lives. They probably understand that they will work long hours every day.

Someone like Kishimoto and Oda can probably retire officially once they finish their stories as well, which will give them plenty of time and they will retire much younger than the average person does.

I see Kishimoto's schedule, from what i'm reading it here's how im translating this:

Quote Quote:
    Here is Masashi Kishimoto's Schedule:

Thursday through Saturday (Thursday Discussion with his Editor, Friday works on chapter layout, Saturday he draws)
    12am-3am: Working
    3am-9am: Sleeping
    9am-1pm: Watching video and research for the series
    1pm-3pm: Eating Lunch
    3pm-8pm: Working
    8pm-10pm: Dinner and Bath
    10pm-12am: Working

Sunday: Day off

Monday Through Wednesday (Basically i think they mean he's drawing the manuscript)
    Midnight-6am : Working
    6am - 9am : Sleep
    9am- 1pm : Working
    1pm - 3pm : :Lunch
    3pm - 8pm: Working
    8pm - 10pm : Dinner and Bath
    10pm - Midnight : Working
    To summarize, he works every day except sunday between 10pm until 3 or 6 in the morning then goes to sleep for 3 or 6 hours. He gets up and works another 4 hours after sleeping and through the rest of the day except for a couple hour breaks for his lunch, dinner, and bathing. Given his schedule and because he is a big name, its possible that his studio is also either part of an apartment which he lives at or his studio is in his home. I think many mangaka have a similar schedule. Its definitely a difficult schedule for anyone, but they have the drive and passion to adhere to it so you can consider this is how they want to do it. Oda was drawing pages while in the hospital so that should show how much they're dedicated to their fans and their story.
    Last edited by TheBlackLotus; July 04, 2013 at 07:57 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    Yeah I remember the shock and surprise when Hiroshi Shiibashi's schedule came out and people were all shocked at his 3 hour sleep schedule or whatnot. Working for a weekly publication seems pretty deadly, save for the occasional week off for the double issues (that I wouldn't swear they all actually take off, natch)
    Going a bit off-topic here, but this makes Mashima really impressive compared to most mangakas. It's no wonder some mangakas envy him. In fact, I think I've figured out his speed-drawing trick. His particular trick really saves a lot of time and is difficult to use, that's why there's very few mangakas who's as fast as him. Now that i think of it, isn't his style like Shiratori's (?) from Bakuman??

As for Kishi's schedule, it's good that he knows when to take a break, otherwise he could keel over badly like Oda.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Obata also draws with this method?
    His pages also are given great detail and it looks to me although he doesn't have to draw complicated creatures that he gets a higher level of panels in but quality and quantity and also on a weekly basis and I don't remember Bakuman taking a week off.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman was done by 2 People. Also i think Bakuman did get a week of for gathering resources, but I could be wrong. The amount was at least near zero. The same goes for Kentaro Yabuki, who has an entire month to draw nipples.

Kishimoto is special, like Oda. They can end their career with ~40 and spend the rest of their life with their family even if that means that they don't have any time for them now. (Never forget that you only has 1 chance to see your child grow up...) Also they have already reduced pages each chapter. They maybe 1% of the mangakas out there. Most mangakas have the same schedule or worser ones and don't have the chance to retire quite young.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Bakuman was done by 2 People. Also i think Bakuman did get a week of for gathering resources, but I could be wrong. The amount was at least near zero. The same goes for Kentaro Yabuki, who has an entire month to draw nipples.

Kishimoto is special, like Oda. They can end their career with ~40 and spend the rest of their life with their family even if that means that they don't have any time for them now. (Never forget that you only has 1 chance to see your child grow up...) Also they have already reduced pages each chapter. They maybe 1% of the mangakas out there. Most mangakas have the same schedule or worser ones and don't have the chance to retire quite young.
    Oda didn't, only Kishimoto.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post

Jeez, would you calm down? I never stated that others don't work as hard as Oda. Oda's timing is well known and I wasn't expecting to hear Kishimoto doing the same. Does not mean I think one works harder than the other. It was just a surprise to me.

On another note, I'm surprised the cover, TOC and preview pages aren't up yet.
    Last edited by 101nemesis; July 05, 2013 at 09:37 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The cover has been out already
    https://mobile.twitter.com/manganews...638720/photo/1

I wonder if it spoils Assassination Classroom next volume covers :-)

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We got our first step with Shonen Jump moving outside North America. UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand. For now it's only available through the Newstand app on apple but android availability is coming.http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eaking-regions

And like what was already said full color of One Piece, Naruto, and One-Punch Man on the 15th.

Viz has also posted a special discount for Weekly Jump. It's now $20 for a year http://www.vizmanga.com/weekly-shonen-jump/signup

And a picture of Editor Sasaki at the Expo

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The cover has been out already
    https://mobile.twitter.com/manganews...638720/photo/1

I wonder if it spoils Assassination Classroom next volume covers :-)
    Haha. Yeah, I think it definitely spoils the next AC cover.

Thread Closed
Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast