Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2002

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

  1. #1786
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner johannes22a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikyet View Post
    A Bleach reboot would be hilarious though.

    With proper directing one can probably fit the whole manga into a 2 cour - 3 cour at most - anime.
    That's impossible. Remember the Soul Society arc ? There were episodes that covered 5-6 manga chapters. That's pretty insane. I can't see how they could compress it more.

    The Bleach manga(except the final arc) in 100-125 episodes? That could work.
    Last edited by johannes22a; August 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

  2. #1787
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dortmund
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by johannes22a View Post
    That's impossible. Remember the Soul Society arc ? There were episodes that covered 5-6 manga chapters. That's pretty insane. I can't see how they could compress it more.

    The Bleach manga(except the final arc) in 100-125 episodes? That could work.

    Seasonal adaption of Bleach-Anime will be better, if they want to Reboot it.
    But it really depends, if Pierrot doing a reboot as a movie-series, ova-series or tv-series.


    Well, a Reboot should be starting, if the manga is 100% nearing the End.

  3. #1788
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    A reboot is not feasible. Like Maxy stated, most reboots are for series that don't follow the original manga adaptation. HunterxHunter was a different story since Togashi took his own sweet time to bring out new chapters.
    I agree that a reboot can introduce an old series to the newer generation but reboots shouldn't occur so soon. If a reboot ever does happen for a series like Naruto, Bleach etc, it would probably be a decade or 2 after the series has ended. Right now, if the anime does comeback, it'd be for the final arc.

    Bleach has a decent chance of returning since it still sells quite well and its position in the TOC has improved. Even if it was never announced, the fillers were a strong reason why the anime stopped and the ratings dropped. There were literally about 5 fillers right in between Aizen's final fight. It's probably why the studio is stretching out the new Naruto episodes in one way or another which, to be honest, is kinda annoying (at least the way they are doing it).
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  4. #1789
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Doesn't Bleach have a forum for this kind of discussion or is it in pause too ?

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #1790
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    but kdom, mindless speculation about things that aren't happening is a core facet of this thread!

  7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #1791
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    No, there are more issues with OP on Jump cover and no color pages on the same issue (#50/2002 - Chapter 253, #25/2003 - Chapter 276, #32/2003 - Chapter 283, #47/2003 - Chapter 296, #25/2004 - Chapter 321...). I have some of them in my OP Jump collection ^^
    Ah thanks that makes me realize my 2000's table was not up to date. There are also cases where it did had the lead color but not the cover back then. If I'm OK now, if we exclude 2011-25 issue, last time it happened shall be 2006-41

  9. #1792
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    but kdom, mindless speculation about things that aren't happening is a core facet of this thread!
    Bleach anime speculations aside (do not even know how that started), YOU need to accept a little tiny bit at least that the TOC represents some sort of ranking system.
    This week's placing where Soul Catcher(s) is above Haikyuu!! is a good example.
    Just a tiny bit at least.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  10. #1793
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Bleach is not getting a new anime.
    Sure, it's sales are still technically decent but they have dropped, and the anime was mainly cancelled because of ratings, not because of filler (the Japanese are also known for not hating filler like we do). They don't just bring back TV series that had terrible TV ratings, Bleach getting a new anime is nothing but a pipe dream.

  11. #1794
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Quote:
    terrible TV ratings
    1,5-2,2 millions it's terrible?

  12. #1795
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    Bleach is not getting a new anime.
    Sure, it's sales are still technically decent but they have dropped, and the anime was mainly cancelled because of ratings, not because of filler (the Japanese are also known for not hating filler like we do). They don't just bring back TV series that had terrible TV ratings, Bleach getting a new anime is nothing but a pipe dream.
    Why not? Plenty of anime have resumed after they manga ended. Inuyasha is a good example. And where exactly did you hear Bleach was canceled over ratings? That is a very, very bold claim. I hope you have a good, linkable source. To the best of my knowledge that was not but a rumor. None of the anime and manga (English and JP) news sites I go to ever stated the reason Bleach ended. Many anime end before the manga, especially ones that air for eight straight years. Ratings rarely seem to factor into it. Anime don't get really high ratings in the first place (the average drama crushes the most popular anime). The contract may have expired. The studio might gotten sick of animating filler (they hate them as much as we do). Who knows. Here is the news that Bleach was ending. There is no mention that ratings were involved. Can you link some confirmation supporting your claim that ratings were involved? Can you in any way confirm that ratings were "terrible" (by anime standards) in the first place?

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #1796
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by clint74 View Post
    1,5-2,2 millions it's terrible?
    For a Jump series with the budget it had? Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Why not? Plenty of anime have resumed after they manga ended. Inuyasha is a good example. And where exactly did you hear Bleach was canceled over ratings? That is a very, very bold claim. I hope you have a good, linkable source. To the best of my knowledge that was not but a rumor. None of the anime and manga (English and JP) news sites I go to ever stated the reason Bleach ended. Many anime end before the manga, especially ones that air for eight straight years. Ratings rarely seem to factor into it. Anime don't get really high ratings in the first place (the average drama crushes the most popular anime). The contract may have expired. The studio might gotten sick of animating filler (they hate them as much as we do). Who knows. Here is the news that Bleach was ending. There is no mention that ratings were involved. Can you link some confirmation supporting your claim that ratings were involved? Can you in any way confirm that ratings were "terrible" (by anime standards) in the first place?
    Name me some Jump series that have. Jump's biggest competitors might be able to get away with giving the biggest of their big series a RARE continuation series (like the Inuyasha example) but one reason for that is because most of their series don't even get animated in the first place, meanwhile Jump tends to get animations for most of their series. And just look at the ratings bubsy, that enough should show you that the ratings had a big hand in the cancellation. Use some common sense.

  15. #1797
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    ...
    I can't find the exact numbers, but in the Bleach watching community it was accepted to have been receiving abysmal ratings for its time-slot for its last year or so. It was so bad that it was even being dropped by smaller stations leaving it airing on the bigger ones. That isn't to say that it won't come back, but it wasn't in a good place when it left.

    And if you think about it, it shouldn't be too surprising, with the constant reliance on fillers, it isn't too strange to believe that ratings were poor. They would have had to do way more fillers as they were on the cusp of catching up with the manga at the time, and it's very probable that they didn't feel the cost was worth it. It's also more likely considering that they decided to replace it by the palatable Rock Lee SD spin-off.

    edit:
    So I did take a look at some numbers, seems Bleach has been teetering between 1.4-2.0% of the ratings, putting it somewhat above most late night anime. For a 6pm timeslot, it's rather bad.
    Last edited by [Cross]; August 30, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #1798
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I believe it was posted here or somewhere else that Bleach was among TV Tokyo's top 3 earning titles of all time or something.

    http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-n...arner-for-2013

    Anyway, I found this link for this year.

    Also, stating that the anime stopped solely cause of ratings is, like Kaiten said, very bold. Sure ratings were not high and we all know its basically cause of the fillers. But never was it ever mentioned that the series got "cancelled", in the 1st place. It was announced that it "ended". That's when everyone went in to check the ratings and made two or three comparisons and assumed it got "cancelled".

    Also what makes you think JUMP will never allow Bleach to get animated again? Bleach is still one of the most recognizable manga out there even in Japan. People can love it or hate it but it gets people talking one way or another. It's the 6th best selling series of all time and it still hasn't fallen like most titles after the anime has ended. It's among the top 5 selling titles in JUMP even now. If anything, Bleach has a decent chance of getting an anime again.
    Last edited by 101nemesis; August 30, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  18. #1799
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    I believe it was posted here or somewhere else that Bleach was among TV Tokyo's top 3 earning titles of all time or something.

    http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-n...arner-for-2013

    Anyway, I found this link for this year.

    Also, stating that the anime stopped solely cause of ratings is, like Kaiten said, very bold. Sure ratings were not high and we all know its basically cause of the fillers. But never was it ever mentioned that the series got "cancelled", in the 1st place. It was announced that it "ended". That's when everyone went in to check the ratings and made two or three comparisons and assumed it got "cancelled".

    Also what makes you think JUMP will never allow Bleach to get animated again? Bleach is still one of the most recognizable manga out there even in Japan. People can love it or hate it but it gets people talking one way or another. It's the 6th best selling series of all time and it still hasn't fallen like most titles after the anime has ended. It's among the top 5 selling titles in JUMP even now. If anything, Bleach has a decent chance of getting an anime again.
    Just because something made a lot of money or had high ratings in the past doesn't matter, it's all about the ratings and money it was making when it was cancelled which simply wasn't enough.

    And why wouldn't Jump allow Bleach to be animated again? Maybe because there's no reason for it. It has nowhere near the amount of popularity as lets say Dragon Ball, and it's about to end so it wouldn't even be viable as getting an adaptation years down the line like HxH (nor does it sell like HxH). I mean people who think Bleach still has a chance at getting a continuation or new anime are delusional as the people who still think that Beelzebub, Reborn!, or any of the countless other Jump series without a completed anime have a chance of getting a new anime.

  19. #1800
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    Just because something made a lot of money or had high ratings in the past doesn't matter, it's all about the ratings and money it was making when it was cancelled which simply wasn't enough.

    And why wouldn't Jump allow Bleach to be animated again? Maybe because there's no reason for it. It has nowhere near the amount of popularity as lets say Dragon Ball, and it's about to end so it wouldn't even be viable as getting an adaptation years down the line like HxH (nor does it sell like HxH). I mean people who think Bleach still has a chance at getting a continuation or new anime are delusional as the people who still think that Beelzebub, Reborn!, or any of the countless other Jump series without a completed anime have a chance of getting a new anime.
    Your argument is baseless. You are asking why would they animate a series again when it was among their top 3 earning series even in the year it had no actual anime running? Again, on what basis are you even stating that it did not make enough money? Did they ever post something that said "Bleach cancelled because of low ratings and low money generated"? No. Never was it once said that Bleach got "cancelled".

    Unfortunately, Beelzebub and Reborn! did not represent JUMP for 6-8 years as one of the big 3 series. No no, I don't mean "The Big 3" that people outside Japan refer to, I mean the 3 series JUMP always chooses as its main attraction on the magazine covers. In fact, the recent cover with Jaco had Ichigo in a similar position to Toriko. Sure Bleach was never really as popular as DragonBall but then again almost no other series were.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

Thread Closed
Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts