Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2002

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

  1. #1801
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Does Jump ever say they cancel their series which don't work ?

  2. #1802
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    Your argument is baseless. You are asking why would they animate a series again when it was among their top 3 earning series even in the year it had no actual anime running? Again, on what basis are you even stating that it did not make enough money? Did they ever post something that said "Bleach cancelled because of low ratings and low money generated"? No. Never was it once said that Bleach got "cancelled".

    Unfortunately, Beelzebub and Reborn! did not represent JUMP for 6-8 years as one of the big 3 series. No no, I don't mean "The Big 3" that people outside Japan refer to, I mean the 3 series JUMP always chooses as its main attraction on the magazine covers. In fact, the recent cover with Jaco had Ichigo in a similar position to Toriko. Sure Bleach was never really as popular as DragonBall but then again almost no other series were.
    Sure, they might not have ever outright stated why Bleach's anime was cancelled but anybody with basic common sense could deduce the reason.
    And Bleach doesn't represent Jump anymore either, Bleach never receives covers anymore unless it's for an anniversary and on covers where it features multiple Jump protagonists Ichigo is always sidelined in favor of other characters, Bleach does not receive the treatment it once did because it really is no longer relevant, Jump doesn't give a shit about it anymore. Bleach may have been popular in the past, but past popularity does not mean jack shit, it has to retain its popularity in order to gain a new anime which Bleach has obviously failed to do.

  3. #1803
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shinuki no Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Jojo's Kitchen - Dream Talk Session


  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #1804
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    Just because something made a lot of money or had high ratings in the past doesn't matter, it's all about the ratings and money it was making when it was cancelled which simply wasn't enough.

    And why wouldn't Jump allow Bleach to be animated again? Maybe because there's no reason for it. It has nowhere near the amount of popularity as lets say Dragon Ball, and it's about to end so it wouldn't even be viable as getting an adaptation years down the line like HxH (nor does it sell like HxH). I mean people who think Bleach still has a chance at getting a continuation or new anime are delusional as the people who still think that Beelzebub, Reborn!, or any of the countless other Jump series without a completed anime have a chance of getting a new anime.
    Do you know what Bleach's ratings were when it ended, or do you just presume to know. If you know, please link to your information. If you are just presuming to know, I would say that you are the delusional one.

  6. #1805
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Stark700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Winterfell
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    Sure, they might not have ever outright stated why Bleach's anime was cancelled but anybody with basic common sense could deduce the reason.
    And Bleach doesn't represent Jump anymore either, Bleach never receives covers anymore unless it's for an anniversary and on covers where it features multiple Jump protagonists Ichigo is always sidelined in favor of other characters, Bleach does not receive the treatment it once did because it really is no longer relevant, Jump doesn't give a shit about it anymore. Bleach may have been popular in the past, but past popularity does not mean jack shit, it has to retain its popularity in order to gain a new anime which Bleach has obviously failed to do.

    What in the world is your problem, man? It's looking like you came to argue and start a fight.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #1806
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Does Jump ever say they cancel their series which don't work ?
    Are you comparing an anime that aired for eight straight years to manga that could have been canceled after as little as three months?

    ---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

    I googled it. All I could find were unsourced discussion at Naruto Fan and Yahoo Answers

  9. #1807
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    va
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    How will they place bleach in the magazine now thats its returned and was gone for weeks, I guess, just anywhere?

  10. #1808
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    like *everything* in jump, it'll be placed where the editorsfeel it belongs. 8 week rankings is forever a theory, after all

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #1809
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    How will they place bleach in the magazine now thats its returned and was gone for weeks, I guess, just anywhere?
    It will replace the one shots that have been running since Mutou Black ended. It's getting lead color next week. After that it probably will be treated like new series are, at least until polls can be tallied. It is not as if Bleach is getting canceled during it's last arc, ranking only means so much.

  13. #1810
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    Bleach anime speculations aside (do not even know how that started), YOU need to accept a little tiny bit at least that the TOC represents some sort of ranking system.
    This week's placing where Soul Catcher(s) is above Haikyuu!! is a good example.
    Just a tiny bit at least.
    it isnt a ranking system. it reflects the popularity of titles as editorial places popular series at the front and unpopular series at the back, but it isn't a ranking. rather just a loose reflection of succes based on editorial choices, themselves influenced by the poll results of less than 1% of jump readers, apparently.

    theres believing and theres having baseless faith, see

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #1811
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    it isnt a ranking system. it reflects the popularity of titles as editorial places popular series at the front and unpopular series at the back, but it isn't a ranking. rather just a loose reflection of succes based on editorial choices, themselves influenced by the poll results of less than 1% of jump readers, apparently.

    theres believing and theres having baseless faith, see
    They would not cancel series so quickly if poll results did not reflect popularity. Peoples careers are at stake. It's like any other poll, 100% of the population does not respond. There is a mathematical formula (taught in freshman level statistics classes) for what percentage reflects the entire population within a reasonable margin of error.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #1812
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Are you comparing an anime that aired for eight straight years to manga that could have been canceled after as little as three months?
    No, just that saying it wasn't said it was canceled is not really an argument. And they are some long series which are canceled anyway.

  18. #1813
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Does Jump ever say they cancel their series which don't work ?
    No I dont remember anything like that ever happening.

    As for Bleach anime people seemst to completely overlook the fact that the manga was just around 10 or less chapters ahead of the anime when it ended. Pierot would need to make like 2 years of fillers before even thinking about animating the manga. It would be pointless to continue.
    If it will ever come back I think that the best option would be to make one season every year. There is no point for it to come back if it will have the same quality as many episodes from the arrancar arc. If it comes back every episode should have the quality of Ichigo vs Aizen fight or the quality of the few last episodes. TBH I dont think that Pierot should be actualy the one to continue it... Their quality is so random and mostly not every high

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #1814
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    Sure, they might not have ever outright stated why Bleach's anime was cancelled but anybody with basic common sense could deduce the reason.
    And Bleach doesn't represent Jump anymore either, Bleach never receives covers anymore unless it's for an anniversary and on covers where it features multiple Jump protagonists Ichigo is always sidelined in favor of other characters, Bleach does not receive the treatment it once did because it really is no longer relevant, Jump doesn't give a shit about it anymore. Bleach may have been popular in the past, but past popularity does not mean jack shit, it has to retain its popularity in order to gain a new anime which Bleach has obviously failed to do.
    Okay, let me put it this way. I ain't saying "OMG! The hell you saying! Duhhh, Bleach anime will return. It's bleach after all" or something. I'm saying there is a decent chance for it to return. It may or may not, in the end. But there definitely is a much bigger chance that what you give it. And if common sense was all it took for business, then we'd all be millionaires right now. Bleach has contributed to TV Tokyo's profits even in the year that it had no anime running(see the link i posted before). I really think there is a bigger possibility of the anime returning, than what you give it, just from this one fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy Barnard View Post
    it isnt a ranking system. it reflects the popularity of titles as editorial places popular series at the front and unpopular series at the back, but it isn't a ranking. rather just a loose reflection of succes based on editorial choices, themselves influenced by the poll results of less than 1% of jump readers, apparently.

    theres believing and theres having baseless faith, see
    I'd agree with that if the toc wasn't so unstable every week. I mean, there were weeks where Beelzebub was in the top5 and then went back into the bottom 5 the following week. Weeks where Saiki would be 3rd and then goes down to 8th. Weeks where Gintama would come 6th and then go down to 13th. How would they decide such a thing every week? If it was the "popularity" thing, then the list would not be so unpredictable every week. It's got to be chapter ranking. I'm not saying it has the final rank they calculate but it can easily be the initial ranks. Sure they would edit it here and there but they cannot be deciding something so much every week. Popularity for a series like Bleach and Gintama doesn't rise one week and fall another.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  21. #1815
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    yes, i know. i'm not saying the polls don't matter. just that they only ultimately *influence* the table of contents. they're pretty much the biggest element in a series living or dying, but that doesn't mean the toc is completely reflective of that.

    and heck, my stance on the toc could be wrong too. we have so very little real information to go on. we always have.

Thread Closed
Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts