Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2002

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    But Kuroko gets another Anime in the next season. Expect it to rank better in the coming month after a bit of "slump" in the next weeks.
    Does it really work that way? (for subsequent seasons of series?)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lehran's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we feel that the magazine is "overloaded" because it has one series less than usual and there are too many unranked new series. And, with Smoky gone, Jaco ending soon and only two new series, it will remain with 19 series instead of the usual 20. I think it's weird (unless GFC starts soon, because it would need that "empty slot").

Is Koi no Cupid a gag manga?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Does it really work that way? (for subsequent seasons of series?)
    I don't thnk so. The series doesn't lose popularity from one season to the other. I mean, people that did read Kuroko didn't stop because the anime finished and start to read again in the next season. With its sales we can see that Kuroko didn't lose popularity and this ranking was only pontual, if it continue we can talk that the current arc isn't pleasing.

Second season will have less impact in the popularity of the series, it Kuroko start to stay in bottom 5, this can't be enough.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    New series so early, Hime-dol and Kurokuroku even are ranked yet. Ginga Patrol Jaco is in the chapter 8 this week, so it won't finish next week. Soul Catcher(s) will be cancelled next week I guess.
    I don't think so, Soul Catcher(S) just started a new arc last week so I think it should be safe this time around...
    I think what will happen is that the two new series will start and Jaco will end a week after that (then again, we will still have one series missing...)

Haikyuu!! in the last place worries me even knowing that it isn't in danger now, CP next week is a good news. Kuroko no Basket in the bottom 5 after months is astonishing but not to worry about.
    I kinda understand why this happened, Haikyuu was pretty bad during the time between when the match vs Seijou ended and when the new girl was introduced... And Kuroko, well, I think it will get it's ranking back if we get to see the match against Akashi soon (like, next week or something)

Edit: As for what you mentioned about Soma, it's 6th counting the color pages and that's pretty normal for a Soma chapter without CP, it usually is in the top 7 (well, at least for the past 3 or 4 months)
    Last edited by Eru13; September 04, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    I don't think so, Soul Catcher(S) just started a new arc last week so I think it should be safe this time around...
    I think what will happen is that the two new series will start and Jaco will end a week after that (then again, we will still have one series missing...)
    Arches can last 2~3 chapters, but it makes sense even though Jump usually give more time for sport series despite of its bad rankings, so Smoky B.B. cancelled instead of Soul Catcher(s) suprised me a bit. I didn't read any of them, so I can't talk too much, only wait for what will happen.

And Hime-dol and Kurokuroku, what you feelings about them? Seems that they will survive? I know that they aren't ranked yet, I mean story.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Arches can last 2~3 chapters, but it makes sense even though Jump usually give more time for sport series despite of its bad rankings, so Smoky B.B. cancelled instead of Soul Catcher(s) suprised me a bit. I didn't read any of them, so I can't talk too much, only wait for what will happen.

And Hime-dol and Kurokuroku, what you feelings about them? Seems that they will survive? I know that they aren't ranked yet, I mean story.
    Well, I for one am a big fan of Soul Catcher(S), it's getting really good lately imo, I think the big difference between it and BB was that SC managed to keep the readers that liked the story at first interested and BB didn't (it got quite plain after a while)
    Also, what I mean is that this arc doesn't feel like a final one, if anything, the one that just ended felt more like it.

As for Kurokuroku and Hime-dol, we had a discussion about this somewhere else and most of the people (me included) think that Kurokuroku started well but it's gotten boring as the chapters come by, if it doesn't come up with a nice arc soon it might be cancelled next time...
    Hime-dol on the other hand might have more chances, there's a lot of people that don't like the MC which might prove fatal later on (like what happened with Koisome), but story-wise it's having a good progression, every new chapter feels fresh and it's already having some cliffhangers that actually make you care about what will happen next.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

B.B.'s biggest crime will always be pulling that bull where the opening arc is an overlong battle between new players and the team they're joining. it's overdone, and doesn't work anymore. It was almost (almost) as trying as when Dogashikaden tried it, albeit with far better art.

Anyway, yeah, the remaining players in the newbie game... I love Himedol despite itself, Kurokuroku is ugly but with some of the best manzai writing i've read since I started dealing with raw manga, Jaco'll go soon in a blaze of enjoyable nostalgia... Soul Catcher(s)... Hideo Shinkai just doesn't seem to grow as a character artist, and his protagonist has dumb hair, but I am fond of it. I don't want anything to die right now, save the hits that are approaching the end anyway (Beelzebub, Bleach, Naruto), and that's more because I want them to go out well, and not drag shit out any longer.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really starting to sweat Beelzebub's ranking. Sometimes the tastes of Jump's Japanese readership makes no sense to me.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

15. One Piece #71 (67,865 / 2,656,177)
    22. To Love-Ru Darkness #8 (54,555 / 251,267)

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not read the new Beelzebub chapter but does it seem like its ending already? The current arc doesn't feel like an ending arc, but what i'm wondering is where this series can go. The only thing i can see about it ending is if the rankings continue to bottom 5 that Ryuuhei Tamura might try to put together a conclusive arc sooner or later and have it end on a positive note.

Bleach and Naruto ending, i agree i hope they don't drag it out. If the newer series end up being successful especially. The magazine is getting to the point nearly everything in it is growing. Even World Trigger, HQ!! are both moderately successful right now. Soul Catcher(S) will probably not get canceled but i have only read the first chapter so no idea if it will maintain to be successful or note. Hime Dol is very good. Kurokuroku like said already seems more like something Japanese readers will get a bit more than us, so it has potential to do all right. Depending on how the newest series do we might have either some harsh cancellations or hopefully a couple established series begin their conclusions to allow the new blood some room to thrive.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the current arc, Beelzebub could either end with the third upstart's battle or continue for a bit just to be cancelled some time in the future; additionally, it's not like its presence is that important in the magazine anyway, so ending is a clear possibility.
    Last edited by wintercry; September 04, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wintercry View Post
    Looking at the current arc, Beelzebub could either end with the third upstart's battle or continue for a bit just to be cancelled some time in the future; additionally, it's not like its presence is that important in the magazine anyway, so ending is a clear possibility.
    I agree, but it's difficult to me say if Beelzebub is ending or not, most because of I don't understand what Tamura wants with the story...
    With the recently ending of Sket Dance, now Beelzebub is the series with less importance within Jump, except for newcomers, even series newer than it are selling more and its rankings aren't good for a long time now, so its cancellation is a possibility if futures new series manage to survive and get popularity.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, but it's difficult to me say if Beelzebub is ending or not, most because of I don't understand what Tamura wants with the story...
    True, and that brings up an interesting topic: Tamura has a tendency to hasten an arc. I noticed it on the Black Techs shenanigans and further on the Akumano battle: All the minor characters' battle were cut short, without a conclusion. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I just noticed this peculiar habit of his.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

and,,,, beelzebub still lurking within bottom 5

the forbidden door to the axed is officially openned

no hilda = end

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wintercry View Post
    True, and that brings up an interesting topic: Tamura has a tendency to hasten an arc. I noticed it on the Black Techs shenanigans and further on the Akumano battle: All the minor characters' battle were cut short, without a conclusion. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I just noticed this peculiar habit of his.

But if I recall wasn't that arc received badly anyway? I remember the second part of the Akumano Academy arc being INCREDIBLY rushed, and not many readers were happy with the final boss fight too. This Takamiya arc is like the exact opposite, its been expanded upon and is now about 20 chapters long, with the arc still not concluding yet. Minor characters had a lot more time to shine this time too.

Sure its ranking in Jump doesn't make sense to me...but to be honest, most of the rankings in Jump's ToC don't make sense. So after a while I stopped worrying and enjoy the chapters as they come. I really only think the rankings matter the most to new manga.

Thread Closed
Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast