Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 535 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 535 Discussion / 536 Predictions

Urahara wasn't kidding when he said Ichigo is exactly like Isshin lol
    Besides the facial features, you would hardly recognise the difference between the two.

Anyway the Flashback ain't done just yet so until it's done, I won't be making any lengthy comments about it.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Ya Ishida family is probably going to go berserk, not sure though. There is still the question of why Juha Bach called Ichigo his son. :X
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseHunter View Post
    It could be a mistranslation? I mean son doesn't always mean literal right??? I mean he could mean it figuratively like Judah was somehow involved or related? Like in Yu Yu Hakusho? Raizen called Yusuke his son but he's actually a descendant. And I think this could result in her losing her powers, making her unable to fight as a quincy anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MariuszNo View Post
    Well maybe there was some mistranslation and he called Ichigo his descendant not son which would mean that Juha Bach is Masaki's father

edit: was writing too long :P
    It's not a mistranslation....he does say "Yami no umareta, wa ga musuko yo"....which means exactly what we have in the translations...so yeah...that's a pretty intriguing comment from Bach....but even if he uses the word "son", I'm still not convinced...he still might be referring to him as heir or whatever...but who knows? The translation is correct though...

The chapter itself was pretty good...to me it showed the difference between Urahara and Aizen...it seems to me, that Aizen's arrogance didn't allow him to think beyond the box and include Quincys into his experiments, while Urahara went ahead and did just that, so he managed to solve parts of his problem

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yes it's not a mistranslation but the context is bit sketchy.

Sometimes its difficult to tell in Japanese if you're saying 'I', 'We','Our' or other possessive pronouns. You usually have to look at the context but sometimes that's a bit difficult in a fictional story.

I remember reading someone translate Bach's line as 'Our son born in darkness' instead of 'My son born in darkness' so its possible he was being metaphorical. It kind of sounded like Bach was quoting someone or something like maybe some Quincy prophecy? There are a lot of ways to interpret what Bach said because Kubo was pretty vague about it.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post

Sometimes its difficult to tell in Japanese if you're saying 'I', 'We','Our' or other possessive pronouns. You usually have to look at the context but sometimes that's a bit difficult in a fictional story.

I remember reading someone translate Bach's line as 'Our son born in darkness' instead of 'My son born in darkness' so its possible he was being metaphorical. It kind of sounded like Bach was quoting someone or something like maybe some Quincy prophecy? There are a lot of ways to interpret what Bach said because Kubo was pretty vague about it.
    it can mean anything from direct son to son as him being a elder. Or who knows maybe hes actually a Kurosaki himself...

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post

Ah, that's true...I haven't thought of that...and this actually reinforces my belief, that he wasn't talking literally...and this is a manga, where characterization is also done by giving speech quirks or habits to characters, so yeah...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

great chapter!! WOW---> http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/535/19 -- (sweet bum )

I liked this chapter- Urahara rocks, and explained much!!- also, my hope that they would enter masakis inner world has come true!! Only isshin tho- but thats still cool.
    This mini arc is kicking ass.

Also, I like the panel where isshin says if he let someone die who had saved him, he would be ashamed of himself tomorrow. the look on ryuken ishidas face is priceless!
    I think he knows from that moment he is not going to get to marry masaki.

-~now for the resolution of that, ryuken is gonna storm the mansion, and hook up with katagiri

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post

I liked this chapter- Urahara rocks, and explained much!!- also, my hope that they would enter masakis inner world has come true!! Only isshin tho- but thats still cool.

Also, I like the panel where isshin says if he let someone die who had saved him, he would be ashamed of himself tomorrow. the look on ryuken ishidas face is priceless!

-~now for the resolution of that, ryuken is gonna storm the mansion, and hook up with katagiri
    u mean like this for some entirely different purpose

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/534/9

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post

I think that line really hit home because Masaki said pretty-much the same thing when she sensed Isshin (when Ryukken tried to stop her from going). I think this was done deliberately to show that Masaki and Isshin have the same opinion about their lives; if they don't save/protect others, they will regret it. Pretty much the same values have been adopted by Ichigo (I mean, they even chose a name for him that means "he who protects")!

Agreed about Masaki's ass!!! Tops Rukia's by miles!!!
    Last edited by Lee.J.Baxter; April 23, 2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Predictions
    • Quincies become latent Shinigami when they die, meaning Yhwach is the progenitor of the Shinigami too.
    • The star and name "Quincy" refers to the 5 Royal Guards and the Soul King; this originates in Yhwach wanting to overthrow him.
    • The final battle within the Seireitei will be between Zaraki and Haschwalth.

13. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

whooa... This chapter felt really long!
    So much to read, it was nice for a change!

The chapter was epic, but it did something to the overall flashback that I do not like. It feels rushed...
    All of a sudden, while it was expected, it still felt rushed that Isshin suddenly sacrifices his powers for Masaki's sake, and Urahara and Ryuuken etc. all getting along so fast, it felt too convenient, like a puzzle that was pre-set to match easily, aka a boring puzzle.

I mean, that was really fast! I don't question Isshin's decision, but more the flashback beeing rushed. Other than that, I'm happy with the development in itself, just not how it felt rushed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    I mean, that was really fast! I don't question Isshin's decision, but more the flashback beeing rushed. Other than that, I'm happy with the development in itself, just not how it felt rushed.
    I think the speed of the chapter was quite fitting, actually. They are racing against time to save Masaki, after all.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

why masaki is naked while she is falling into hollow's mouth? is it for fan service or kubo has a sensible explanation for this?

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

the question here is did urahara ask bach to help him cure the other shinigamis such as Shinji Hirako. Since he said someone who is opposite to others is needed to restore balance it seems that Ryūken Ishida met urahara for the first time. thus bach was the one who helped urahara with the viseods
    bach must have learnt how to possibly fuse hollowfication with quincy to make a balance hollowficated quincy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

What Kubo is showing us now is Isshin/Masaki's backstory from Isshin's point of view, so I doubt he's really aware of Juha Bach and his gang at this point, there's no way Juha Bach called Ichigo his son or something along the lines, without some meaning behind it, and Kubo is probably gonna leave this for later. Ichigo's past is still not totally clear until Juha Bach speaks about it too

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abyozuu View Post
    why masaki is naked while she is falling into hollow's mouth? is it for fan service or kubo has a sensible explanation for this?
    I suppose it is, seeing as we only have 1 example of a inner world other then this and its Ichigos. We only see Ichigo and wearing his shini robes. which symbolizes his inner shinigami. Masaki could have been shown in a quincy suit tho. As we see Isshin in shinigami attire as well as he enters her world.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter gave me a double meaning on Uruhara's explanations hahahahah

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast