Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 231 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Only1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 231 Discussion Thread

Toriko may not be able to beat strajun but starjun won't beat toriko either,it will be 50/50 in my ipinion even after all the moves toriko did he didn't seem tired and was ready to go for a second round. But so many fights happening and want to see them all and I also look forward to toriko than any of the other shounen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Starjun tanked hit after hit, and is reeling to go. I'm inclined to give him the edge. Other than that, it was good seeing Zebra lay a smackdown, though I'm more interested in seeing Setsuno hopefully go all out at 100%. She is implied to have lost some power because of her age, but she should be above everyone else on the island.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Kousairo technique was to lower Setsuno's calories right, and consequentely fighting power? That was pretty interesting....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Kousairo technique was to lower Setsuno's calories right, and consequentely fighting power? That was pretty interesting....
    Oh they have good teamwork sure but it wont be enough. I'm betting within a few pages she steam cooks off the arm thats holding her.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Starjun tanked hit after hit, and is reeling to go. I'm inclined to give him the edge. Other than that, it was good seeing Zebra lay a smackdown, though I'm more interested in seeing Setsuno hopefully go all out at 100%. She is implied to have lost some power because of her age, but she should be above everyone else on the island.
    Believe it or not, setsuno can probably reverse her aging just like jirou can. We might see her do that right here or later on.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I do agree setsuno, ichiryu can reverse the aging process we yet to see setsuno power and im confident that she wil beat those three it might be a little hard but she will come out on top, furthermore I think chiyo might help her because they interfered with her fight these Guys are not part of chiyo group she has no reason to help them. It looks like setsuno might be split into too if she recover from that then masan should be fine.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

How can Ichiryuu revert the aging process ? Young Ichiryuu had black hair when he was young... Now, after activating his Gourmet Cells again, his hair got longer that's it. Same for Jirou, his hair became black at GW, but his face still was like the face of an old man, compare him with that picture of him and Setsuno when they were still young and you can see the big difference

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying he hasn't I'm saying he probably has the same ability to do so!!, and jirou when his old thats his real form and with the black hair that's his you get form, I guess ichiryu is always constantly in his younger form same as midora or maybe jirou is the oldest of them maybe that's why he's so old same as setsuno maybe those two are much older then ichiryu and midora.when setsuno was talking to ichiryu when she was cooking for him she said she doesn't remember last time he saw ichi-chan eating this much which lead me to believe she much be older.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know what reverting aging means ? It means becoming young again, something that Ichiryuu/Jirou didn't show... There's a difference between being in top form, and becoming young. Obviously, Ichiryuu reawakened his GC, and Jirou got serious, but it doesn't mean they became young again, they're just in their strongest form at that point
    Last edited by Zehahaha; April 27, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Duh even if its temporary jirou did got younger in gourmet world, I'm not saying reverting aging as to go back to being young, I think that's impossible basically it would mean they have become immortal which tengu was one there's is no such thing. I know their young form is just their power up and beaidally soon or later they would've have to go back to their old form.when I say setsuno will become young again I also mean her stronger form.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Only1 View Post
    Duh even if its temporary jirou did got younger in gourmet world, I'm not saying reverting aging as to go back to being young, I think that's impossible basically it would mean they have become immortal which tengu was one there's is no such thing. I know their young form is just their power up and beaidally soon or later they would've have to go back to their old form.when I say setsuno will become young again I also mean her stronger form.
    are you high or something man?
    Getting younger means manipulating time. Your post even contradicts your own argument. I think you meant youthful not younger. A simpler term would be jiro ichi are regaining their strength back. You can see that they stood taller, hair darkens and longer indicates they are eating nutritional food to revive their cells.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm really waiting for Setsuno to show her real power. I hope in the next chapter we won't get the change of location and we will witness how Setsuno will get these naughty boys schooled. Would be quite funny.

Though we might actually get a change of location and see Coco's fight (as I think that Toriko's fight would be the last among Heavenly Kings) and even though I like Coco, I would like to see a chapter or two of Setsuno's showdown.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dhindz10's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah thats right..i would like to see granny go on rampage^^

but still hoping she'll end up winning^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Setsuno will win this fight. Neo has just been introduced, it would be odd to see them be already defeated. The big question is : what will Chiyo do ? She seemed to be pretty determined to defeat Setsuno herself, so I guess she could very well attack the ones who are getting in the way of her fight.
    Also, I'm expecting to learn a few things on Neo's objectives next time.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least even if she won't win the fight, I still believe it might end in a draw, since to make her loose the fight so early would be quite anticlimatic, when she didn't have any serious fight, since she dominated Chiyo quite easily.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast