Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner John 92's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 202 Spoiler Thread

sorry,you are right,just checked

it may be the case with the uprights but not with saotome,i already posted proofs about that some time ago,saotome is a contractor

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry Teeba, for I don't like spamming and this is a rare feeling for me...

but DAMMIT!!! Toujo getting his ass handed to him by no other than Himekawa!?!

Sure it makes for interesting turn of events... but why is Toujo being treated like a 3rd rate character?! Is he not that popular in Japan as he is outside of it?

Again... Sorry Teeba!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    I am sorry Teeba, for I don't like spamming and this is a rare feeling for me...

Sure it makes for interesting turn of events... but why is Toujo being treated like a 3rd rate character?! Is he not that popular in Japan as he is outside of it?

Again... Sorry Teeba!
    Toujou didn't get his ass handed to him exactly, he lost, but by the look of Himekawa, it was a close fight, really close, himekawa looks hella messed up

so far, the kings crest has made characters get huge power boosts, kanzaki went from weak ass character to now one of the top dogs again, and made aoi take out the former leader and all of her followers without too much effort. The kings crest has made two characters take out large numbers of people that if they didn't have the crest, they would have lost horribly, but with himekawa, even with the crest he took a beating for the win, it makes toujou seem like the top tier HUMAN around, and he might not get a kings crest, he could just start training some more, or him and oga could fight it out, where if he loses he takes the crest

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well him losing to Furuichi was a bit more acceptable due to Furuichi having a contract (of sorts) with Jabberwock for obvious reasons.

So if it is spun in a similar manner that Himekawa has channeled power that equals that of Jabberwock or something... then fine.

But right now... NOT HAPPY!!

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Botswana
    Post Thanks / Like

people give toujou a break hes human but theres no way toujou could win without upsetting the balance.
    even aoi had to lose koma (though still kinda annoying )

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post

Again... Sorry Teeba!
    Well since you asked me, I'll have to answer. No but seriously, you aren't spamming at all. Its nice to see you here, ghostie.

The one and only popularity poll that Beelzebub had was 2 years ago, and in that the Toujo ranked 8th. So he's popular enough that he ranked in the top 10, but compared to the rest of the TKKH he's the least popular. So yeah, he doesn't have any kind of favorite character immunity that means he has to win all the time.

To me what makes a character fodderized is when they get defeated again and again, or when their fighting ability is made fun of regardless. For what its worth, Kanzaki and Himekawa were fodderized fairly quickly. Oga sent them flying at the beginning of the manga, and they barely held their ground when Oga and Toujo fought it out at Ishiyama High. Its only because Natsume was there that they were able to pull their weight. Since then Kanzaki and Himekawa have gone through tons of arcs where they've had to show their worth besides physical strength. And its only recently that Kanzaki has been able to regain his ability to look cool while fighting.

So far this hasn't happened with Toujo, but its come at a cost of Toujo being a little underdeveloped compared to the rest of the gang. While Toujo is definitely the most powerful and badass, second only to Oga, he's still very much a mystery. He's really aloof, and besides people he already knows he doesn't make friends easily. And hey, with that kind of personal strength he doesn't need to. But him losing for the second time in a row might actually be a good thing in the long run. It might make him open up and be more keen on being a team player rather than a complete loner. To be frank, it gives Toujo a personal conflict he has to deal with, which makes it more interesting to read about than him just one-punching his enemy and being done with it. And this applies to both comical and serious storytelling.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Well since you asked me, I'll have to answer. No but seriously, you aren't spamming at all. Its nice to see you here, ghostie.

The one and only popularity poll that Beelzebub had was 2 years ago, and in that the Toujo ranked 8th. So he's popular enough that he ranked in the top 10, but compared to the rest of the TKKH he's the least popular. So yeah, he doesn't have any kind of favorite character immunity that means he has to win all the time.

To me what makes a character fodderized is when they get defeated again and again, or when their fighting ability is made fun of regardless. For what its worth, Kanzaki and Himekawa were fodderized fairly quickly. Oga sent them flying at the beginning of the manga, and they barely held their ground when Oga and Toujo fought it out at Ishiyama High. Its only because Natsume was there that they were able to pull their weight. Since then Kanzaki and Himekawa have gone through tons of arcs where they've had to show their worth besides physical strength. And its only recently that Kanzaki has been able to regain his ability to look cool while fighting.

So far this hasn't happened with Toujo, but its come at a cost of Toujo being a little underdeveloped compared to the rest of the gang. While Toujo is definitely the most powerful and badass, second only to Oga, he's still very much a mystery. He's really aloof, and besides people he already knows he doesn't make friends easily. And hey, with that kind of personal strength he doesn't need to. But him losing for the second time in a row might actually be a good thing in the long run. It might make him open up and be more keen on being a team player rather than a complete loner. To be frank, it gives Toujo a personal conflict he has to deal with, which makes it more interesting to read about than him just one-punching his enemy and being done with it. And this applies to both comical and serious storytelling.
    Luckily, toujous only losses have been to oga, who he later tied when they fought again after oga first took mikis hit and dropped and he saw toujou take it without flinching, jabberwock when he teamed with oga, although jabberwock was and still is supposed to be one of the most badass demons alive, furuichi, when he had access to jabberwocks powers, and now by an above average fighter with the kings crest, himekawa, and himekawa looked pretty messed up so toujou didn't get completely owned, so as long as the kings crest power is explained in a way that makes sense for a guy like himekawa to beat toujou, then toujou will still be a badass, cuz he'll probably end up getting a crest too, or if not go through some more training

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Teeba, hilda is still stuck in the demon world.so she cannot leave just of yet.she has to be cautious of all the six upstart because of the assumption they are spellmasters.
    The dude with the tattoo similar to himekawa is probably taka because he appeared in the last page (top left corner).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see Furuichi and the comedy back. And Oga being ignored .

Well you can look at it this way: Looks like Toujou is everyone's test to see if they have indeed exceeded human limits. Therefore, it makes Toujou the most impressive human . I'm actually pretty pleased Tamura is keeping to the formality that contracted demons (albeit even some subcontractors) are stronger than all humans. It at least gives us some base point on power levels from now on.

Looks like Himekawa is indeed willing to become someone's underling to attain new heights, even if it is temporary. As to why he's not Oga's, he either refuses to be under Oga specifically or wants some intel on the group and has to prove his 'loyalty' to them by becoming their retainer.

The guy on the phone is the angel demon's first retainer. The actual contractor is who? Taka?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Teeba, hilda is still stuck in the demon world.so she cannot leave just of yet.she has to be cautious of all the six upstart because of the assumption they are spellmasters.
    The dude with the tattoo similar to himekawa is probably taka because he appeared in the last page (top left corner).
    The guy with the tattoo similar to himekawa probably isn't taka, since taka is most likely the contractor, and the guy with the tattoo has the 1 on it, and the actual contractor doesn't have numbers on the crest, and for all we know the fallen angels could be fuji's group, its not clear yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    The guy with the tattoo similar to himekawa probably isn't taka, since taka is most likely the contractor, and the guy with the tattoo has the 1 on it, and the actual contractor doesn't have numbers on the crest, and for all we know the fallen angels could be fuji's group, its not clear yet.
    Yes,you're right.I made a mistake.I recheck the chapter and the silhouette of Taka don't match up with that guy.That guy(no 1) should be the right hand man of taka.

I'm pretty sure the Angels is in reference to Takamiya's gang. After all, he comes from Daten High School, and Daten means "fallen heavens".
    Himekawa met with the angel club last chapter.He is also in contact with Taka this chapter. It's pretty blatant foreshadowing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

you know Furuichi also a Taka too

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

one hell of a chapter wow!

Sexy Airline Activate

Tojo is so strong considering he fought that bloody.

Do you think there will be a Tojo-Himekawa rematch?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ikuroi View Post
    Not really happy with the ending of the chapter, if they wanted an unexpected ending they should have Toujo win the fight. Anyways, I'm not happy with seeing Toujo loosing this many fights... Oga's level is getting further and further away from him.
    Yeah. Well maybe because of the Dragon Ball influence on Tamura. Goku and Vegeta, Oga and Tojo

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Wow this chapter! I'm so glad Aoi was in it because I was really worried she would conveniently disappear for a while since her "arc" is over.

It looks like Oga's assembled quite the harem there. I loved how Kanzaki and Aoi were comparing zebub marks, and Hilda appearing on the screen like a proper boss. Good chapter.

But the main thing is...WHERE DID OGA GET THOSE CARDS FROM?! Oh man it would be so cool if we could buy them from somewhere!

And I know its slightly off topic, but I wonder if there was a more specific reason Tamura chose Furuichi as Oga's "rival" on the cover of this issue's Jump.
    Can you please link the jump cover you are talking about?

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Tojo defeated by others other than Oga and in the exception (Tissue Furuichi) is hard to accept no matter what the circumstances is.
    It's like Tojo is not worthy of becoming Oga's rival.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    you know Furuichi also a Taka too
    Taka vs Taka

Maybe that will happen!
    Aoi, Kanzaki will face Taka, Furuichi will try to protect them
    They will be defeated.
    Oga then comes (from another fight)
    Oga vs. Taka!

Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

this is frigging retarded
    toujou is getting owned in EVERY fight
    he only ever won against fodder and even then it was offscrean
    and he is supposed to be the strongest non contractor
    while both director and aois granfather are clearly top dogs without using demon powers
    i call bullshit

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast