Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Golondrina by est em

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Golondrina by est em

Golondrina
    By: est em
    Genre: Drama
    Serialized In: IKKI
    Publisher: Shogakukan

The betrayal of her lover sends Chica into despair and as result she attempts to end her own life. But she is saved by a man called Antonio, who helps nurse her back to health. After the devastating experience, Chica chooses to lead the rest of her life as a matador. It is then Chica that decides and swears: "I will become a bullfighter. By becoming one, I will be able to die in front of my lover." But little does Chica know of the difficult road that lies ahead and the trouble she must face to follow the path of a matador...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Golondrina by est em

I'm surprised to see no else read this? I think it's fairly rare we get to sample stuff from Ikki (Viz's SigIkki attempt aside), so far I really like the art style and the story seems good enough.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A considerable number of IKKI Comix have been scanlated over the years. HQ groups like Kotonoha, Mangascreener, Illuminati, Hawks, Omanga, KEFI, etc. have scanlated many series from IKKI, as well as similar manga over the years. Fans of that style of manga never really were as magazine oriented as their shounen counterparts. The groups that scanlated them never used magazine raws, many would even buy and scan their own tankobon to ensure quality.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried reading this one before but really didn't find it likeable; but yes in general IKKI is a great source for weird alternative manga.

New Reply