Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New info on Infamous: Second Son has been posted. The main character, Delsin Rowe, has the power of mimicry.
---------- Post added May 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was May 08, 2013 at 07:32 PM ----------
New Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 info have been posted. It's about the gameplay.
A few years back Sony had an idea for a break-apart dualshock 3 pad, now a company called Mad Genius Controller have come up with a working prototype and they demonstrate it using Skyrim on XBOX360. It's quite cool, take a look:
For the full article, check here at engadget.
So, a game I'm totally looking forward to, Among the Sleep, released a free alpha demo today via their Kickstarter page.
If you haven't heard about it, it's a first-person horror game where you play as toddler. Yes, a toddler. So the world is big and confusing, your overactive imagination fueling the frightening experiences. There are some jump scares of course, but beyond that, the environment is super creepy. Personally, I think it's amazing!
If this sort of thing is up your alley, please check it out!
Last edited by Tea Leaves; May 14, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
EA has decided to get rid of Online Passes.
Full trailer in four days!
Sony hinted at a new game called Panopticon:
Speaking of publishers, Ubisoft recently put Patrice Désilets' personal project, 1666, on indefinite hold.
In case you're unaware, Mr. Désilets was the creative director for both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II. A few years ago he walked away from Ubisoft, and I believe in 2011, joined a THQ studio.
Late last year, THQ filed for chapter eleven bankruptcy, this followed by auctioning off its properties. Ubisoft happened to pick up quite of few of THQ's titles, 1666 among them. Almost immediately after this, Ubisoft fired Désilets, and just this week, (as stated earlier) put his project on hold.
Now there's some incredibly nasty rumors floating around that Ubisoft did this to keep 1666's IP, instead of canceling the the project altogether, which would return the copyright to Désilets via a contract. Come on Ubisoft, really?
I personally wasn't chopping at the bit for 1666 (though there's not a lot of info about it to get excited over), but I'm disappointed something so ugly is happening.
Well, at least there's more Scribblenausts coming! <3 Any game where I can solve a puzzle by utilizing dinosaurs is something I have to keep my eye on.
Yeah that was indeed nasty...especially with not even letting him gather his personal belongings and getting thrown out by bodyguards....I was like ...from my experience though, I would like to hear both versions of the story, if we ever get to details, cuz I doubt that Desilets was an innocent fairy...
Konami will release a Metal Gear Sold: The Legacy Collection.
The collection will include:
- Metal Gear Solid
- Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
- Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition
- Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition
- MGS3 includes MSX versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition
- Metal Gear Solid IV: Trophy Edition
as well as two Ashley Wood digital graphic novel and a 100-page artbook. It will be out in N. America for $50 on July 9th and Japan on July 11th. There is no announcement for an European release so far.
... I need that
Nintendo has decided to make headlines this week because they hate free advertising or something. They’re aiming to collect all Youtube ad revenue from Let’s Players or Game Reviewers who cover Nintendo titles. I happen to follow several Youtubers, who have already stated they will no longer feature Nintendo games on their channels.
I know they’re differentiating arguments concerning this matter, but personally, I have purchased games due to watching a Youtube playthough and/or review, that I otherwise wouldn’t have spent the cash on. There’s a well written article on Penny Arcade over this matter: click.
Also, EA is apparently making a MOBA by the name of Dawngate. Not much is known about it besides EA claiming it’ll be a whole new “experience” to MOBA game-play. Personally, I think EA is a little too late to this party with beasts like LoL, HoN, and DOTA grasping their tendrils around this type of market. But who know!? Maybe it'll be a hit, and maybe I’ll actually not suck at this MOBA, unlike the others...
Yeah, $50 isn't too shabby at all.
BlazBlue is going to have an anime adaptation called BlazBlue: Alter Memory, which will follow the first game.
---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------
Arc System Works announced a new Guilty Gear game, Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign:
---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------
Arc System Works also revealed the opening for Xblade: Project Embryo, which is a visual novel game based in the BlazBlue universe:
Here some CGI. Batman : Arkham Origins, the full trailer.
Sony has posted a teaser of the new PS4 hardware:
The XBox One.
List shamelessly stolen from shinobi602:
- Blocks used games, you have to pay for a rented one
- Next Xbox called 'Xbox One'
- Internet connection not required
- "Instant Switching": Switch instantly between games, movies, music, TV etc
- "Snap Mode": Run multiple programs alongside one another, no need to shut any down
- Skype: Integrated into the console (group video calls on TV)
- Xbox One Guide: Find and watch whatever TV you like via search, voice, or trending
- 3 Operating Systems in one
- 8GB RAM; Blu-ray drive, Cloud functionality
- Get back into save game instantly via Kinect recognition
- New Xbox LIVE: Over 300,000 servers for Xbox One
- Content stored in cloud
- Much better matchmaking capabilities
- EA Sports' new engine "IGNITE"
- NBA Live 14, FIFA 14, UFC and Madden 25 announced for Xbox One
- Forza Motorsport 5 announced (launch title)
- Quantum Break (Remedy) announced
- 15 exclusives (8 original IP) to be launch within first year
- Live Action Halo series announced for Xbox One (Spielberg)
- Partnership between MS/NFL on Xbox One
- Xbox One launching this holiday
- COD: Ghosts (next gen/current gen comparison) demoed
Anybody interested? I am not.
Last edited by Schabrak; May 21, 2013 at 02:34 PM.