Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Nagato is an Uzumaki or Senju, Kishi's Cliffhanger to the fans.. or its just me..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato is an Uzumaki or Senju, Kishi's Cliffhanger to the fans.. or its just me..

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagato is an Uzumaki or Senju, Kishi's Cliffhanger to the fans.. or its just me..

Zetsu doesn't say that Nagato is a Senju, but that he's from their lineage. We've already been told that the Uzumaki and the Senji are distant relatives, so any and all Uzumaki are by definition from the 'Senju Lineage'. Also, even though red hair is a trademark for the Uzumaki clan, that doesn't mean that all of them have red hair without exception. Just look at Naruto. There's also the possibility that the anime producers simply did their own thing when colouring the hair.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagato is an Uzumaki or Senju, Kishi's Cliffhanger to the fans.. or its just me..

Pretty much with Azuma here, the Uzumaki is a branch off the Senju.
    Perhaps they realized that they could not keep all the traits of the great Sage in their bloodlines, and needed to protect them, thereby they did split the Senju into Uzumaki and the remaining staying as Senju.

It's possible that the Uzumaki having the Great sage's stamina and more sealing technqiues etc. had to become a clan on their own, in order to preserve this quality.

It's likely that sometimes a strong Senju and a strong Uzumaki were to be married though, like it did happened with Hirashima and his Uzumaki wife.
    In this way, they can keep the traits in the 2 different clans pure, but sometimes marry strong individuals, and produce a child that is closer to the Great Sage himself, and at that, they can keep circling their bloodlines between the two clans, to keep as many traits from the great Sage as possible.

Why not just stay in the same clan one might ask?
    If the Uzumaki were to stay in the Senju, then perhaps their unique bodies will start to disappaer, when Senju doesn't seem to have the same kind of unique body as the Uzumaki did enherit from the great Sage.
    That's likely why they need to preserve two different clans, in order to keep their bloodline traits in control.

If someone shows up with strong Senju genetics, and another with strong Uzumaki genetics, then that is a perfect opportunity to re-build and maintain the genetics from the Great Sage into a single individual.

Well this is just speculation in the end, who knows why the Uzumaki really did split up, but we know that Senju and Uzumaki are really close and friends, so it's doubtful that the split was on bad terms, rather, it most have been of constructive reasons, like for example to preserve their bloodline from the Great Sage.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato is an Uzumaki, but I think Madara was saying that Uzumaki being the sister clan of Senju is what allowed Nagato have some Senju traits and ultimately be able to control Gedo Mazou.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still hold to the theory that the Uchiha and Senju originated from the Uzumaki and all three are triangularly related. mind-body-spirit so to say

New Reply