Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Summer Anime 2013 Preview Guide

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Summer Anime 2013 Preview Guide

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    He has the same voice actor as Maou that already makes me like him
    I was actually screaming "MAOU-SAMA!!" to myself when I watch that trailer...for no reason. I know more roles Ohsaka voiced, but at this period of time when I'm so addicted to Maou-sama and the very fact that he's using his Maou-sama's tone of voice, I guess I can't help it... ._."

Either way, other than the "second seasons" of the anime I had been following (Senyuu and Hakkenden), Blood Lad is probably the only new series I'll watch. I've read...2 volumes of the manga after all. I don't exactly like its art, but at least it's interesting enough to pull me in.

Other than that...no plan as of now. I might look more into the seiyuus to see if I can shove at least one seiyuu anime in for this season, but as far as the setting goes, nothing else really interest me atm. This season isn't as promising as Spring season, so...-_-"

Any recommendation though? (My anime list for this season is going to be so tiny if that's all I have...>.>")

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    My updated summer list:
    1. Servant x Service
    2. Monogatari: Season Two
    3. Blood Lad
    4. Uchouten Kazoku
    5. Gin no Saiji
    6. Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation
    7. Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu
    8. Rozen Maiden
    9. Watamote
    10. Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
    11. Gatchaman Crowds
    12. Fate/Kaleid Prism Illya
    13. Kaminomi Megami-hen
    14. Kamisami no Inai Nichiyoubi
    15. Magical Girl Kanon 100% (OVA)
    16. Chuunibyou: Slapstick Noel (OVA)
    17. Ghost in the Shell: Arise (OVA)
    Wow, that's a damn lot Kai I just noticed that Stella is made by Gainax, guess I will check it out then despite sounding like your usual (little girls have some fun) scenario. Dangonrapa sounds more interesting than Devil Survivor, let's hope it gets good seiyuu's and a good a plot.

Mixed feelings about Fate/Kaleid, it feels like just another silly spinoff =/

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    I was actually screaming "MAOU-SAMA!!" to myself when I watch that trailer...for no reason. I know more roles Ohsaka voiced, but at this period of time when I'm so addicted to Maou-sama and the very fact that he's using his Maou-sama's tone of voice, I guess I can't help it... ._."

Either way, other than the "second seasons" of the anime I had been following (Senyuu and Hakkenden), Blood Lad is probably the only new series I'll watch. I've read...2 volumes of the manga after all. I don't exactly like its art, but at least it's interesting enough to pull me in.

Other than that...no plan as of now. I might look more into the seiyuus to see if I can shove at least one seiyuu anime in for this season, but as far as the setting goes, nothing else really interest me atm. This season isn't as promising as Spring season, so...-_-"

Any recommendation though? (My anime list for this season is going to be so tiny if that's all I have...>.>")
    You're pretty seiyuu focused so I don't really know what to suggest The only show I know can't fail is the second season of Monogatari, though it's not much use if you haven't watched Bakemonogatari yet (if you haven't you should. Splendid voice actors too). Watamote sounds really promising too, I'm pretty sure it's going to be hilarious.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to add Servant X Service to my list...
    I really love WORKING!! and from the trailer, it seems to have the same vibe... so it will probably be as good as WORKING!!.
    Thinking of adding Kimi no Iru Machi too..

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a lot for me, but I'll try to at least watch the premiere episode for each one. I can narrow down the choices later to see what I want to stick with to the end.
    • Servant x Service
    • Blood Lad
    • Uchouten Kazoku
    • Inu to Hasami was Tsukaiyou
    • Brothers Conflict
    • Rozen Maiden
    • Free! (Yes, why not? )

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a damn lot Kai I just noticed that Stella is made by Gainax, guess I will check it out then despite sounding like your usual (little girls have some fun) scenario. Dangonrapa sounds more interesting than Devil Survivor, let's hope it gets good seiyuu's and a good a plot.

Mixed feelings about Fate/Kaleid, it feels like just another silly spinoff =/
    I'm watching a lot of new shows this season too. Nine total, plus the Yamato OVA's. I started twelve, dropping Photo Kano, Crime Edge, and DS2. I'd rather start a new series, watch a few episodes, and drop than have to catch up later. Until more PV's come out, it's hard to judge any of the new series. Stella could be interesting. It's the first Gainax anime of significance I can think of since Panty and Stocking, and they have lost a lot of key staff. I am curious how it will turn out. I have very little hope for Fate/Kaleid, but it could be fun. Worth watching an episode or two to find out.

---------- Post added June 18, 2013 at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was June 12, 2013 at 09:55 PM ----------

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi PV2

Blood Lad TV adverts:

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner The Black Sun's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Monogatari (second)
    Blood lad. oh god I waited so much for this!
    danganronpa look promising
    D-Frag one of the funniest manga I ever read, hope the anime won't disappoint
    kamisama no inai nichiyoubi sound pretty good~
    hitsugime no chaika, hope the anime won't fail me.
    Gin no Saji. the same...
    The World God Only Knows III
    Gatchaman Crowds doesn't look bad.
    Watamote. if I'll like the anime maybe I'll read the manga.
    Highschool DxD New cause the last season just wasn't enough.
    and I'll check Swim too... and maybe some more I forgot.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uchouten Kazoku TV Ad

Possibly my most anticipated new series (rather than sequel). The animation looks stunning, PA Works anime always have high production standards. Character design by Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei mangaka Kumeta Kouji. Screenplay by Suga Shoutarou, writer of Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society, Rinne no Lagrange and Oregairu.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As always RandomCuriosity has most of the promos and information in one page: Summer 2013 Preview!
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a countdown for every show airing this summer:

http://anichart.net/summer

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a countdown for every show airing this summer:

http://anichart.net/summer
    i cant wait for the new monogatari anime, i just finished isemonogatari and im watching neko right now

very good stuff

i will also watch "its not my fault im not popular" or watamote i believe its called

there are a few other animes on that list that look interesting not sure which i will like

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Uchouten Kazoku TV Ad

Possibly my most anticipated new series (rather than sequel). The animation looks stunning, PA Works anime always have high production standards. Character design by Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei mangaka Kumeta Kouji. Screenplay by Suga Shoutarou, writer of Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society, Rinne no Lagrange and Oregairu.
    i saw a tari tari reference in the add, i assume its either the same animation studio or the same writers

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    As always RandomCuriosity has most of the promos and information in one page: Summer 2013 Preview!
    this was actually very helpful, if you click on the anime you want to know about there is a ton of information

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i cant wait for the new monogatari anime, i just finished isemonogatari and im watching neko right now

very good stuff

i will also watch "its not my fault im not popular" or wotome i believe its called

there are a few other animes on that list that look interesting not sure which i will like
    You should check out Schabrak's link, there's a lot of information about the different shows.

Some things that stood out to me:

Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Interesting premise, grand prize winner of the 21st Fantasia Novel Awards, Madhouse producing the show.

Uchouten Kazoku: Interesting style of art/animation, adaption of a successful novel in japan, P.A. Production taking care of it. Their last work (RDG) was rather bad but I both enjoyed Another and especially Hanasaku Iroha so I know they can do an awesome job.

Blood Lad: Produced by Brains Base (Durarara, Baccano, Oregairu) and what the reviewer said about the manga: "The series manages to take many of the stereotypes and throw them out the window, creating something that is novel. Combine that with an exceptional amount of comedy—typically of the deadpan variety—and you have a show that looks like it’ll give a lot in terms of entertainment value."

GATCHAMAN Crowds: Seiyuu's (Rikka from Chu2, Maou from Hataraku) Made by Nakamura Kenji (C, Tsuritama, Mononoke). I only know C and Mononoke but both had a special style of art and interesting ideas so I'm definitely going to check this out.

+ Watamote, Gin no Saji (same creator as FMA so I just have to check it out), Monogatari and Free, because it's KyoAni.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I think I'm going to add Servant X Service to my list...
    I really love WORKING!! and from the trailer, it seems to have the same vibe... so it will probably be as good as WORKING!!.
    Thinking of adding Kimi no Iru Machi too..
    i like the idea of watching kimi no iru machi
    but i watched the ova a while back not realizing it took place after the main story (which this anime is based off) so i pretty much ruined the ending of the anime that is coming out this season for myself

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaminomi: Megami-hen PV:

Rozen Maiden PV:

Looks like Rozen Maiden will be based on the Young Jump reboot.

---------- Post added June 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was June 26, 2013 at 09:53 AM ----------

Kimi no Iru Machi PV

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

C3-Bu PV

---------- Post added June 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was June 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM ----------

Nekomonogatari: Shiro PV2

Last edited by Kaiten; June 28, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Dat Monogatari PV.... I so can't wait Only one week left

That being said, my final watching list for this season will be

Series:

- Free!
    - Danganronpa The Animation
    - Servant x Service
    - Fate/kaleid (as soon as I'm finished with the Fate/Stay Night VN)
    - Monogatari Series: Second Season
    - Uchouten Kazoku
    - Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
    - Blood Lad
    - Watamote
    - Gin no Saji
    - Gatchaman Crowds

OVA's:

- OreImo (obviously )
    - Corpse Party
    - Mirai Nikki Redial
    - Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    - Mondaiji-tachi (just for some cocky Izayoi )
    - Suisei no Gargantia
    - Yowamushi Pedal

Movies (even if it's around half a year later ):

- AnoHana
    - Fate/Zero Cafe
    - Hal

And I'm going to guess my likely highlights and dropouts, curious to see what proves to be true at the end:

Highlights: Monogatari, Uchouten Kazoku, KamiNichi, OreImo OVA's, Mirai Nikki Redial

Dropouts: Danganronpa, Servant x Service, Gatchaman Crowds

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the PVs i saw and the mangas i know:

Kingdom 2
    Monogatari
    Blood Lad
    Gin no Saji

maybe: Danganronpa, Gifuu Doudou and Gatchaman Crowd