Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other dots

  1. #1
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other dots

    I have thought about White and all that has happened in the series thus far. I have come to believe that White is in fact the answer to more questions that I had previously anticipated, and might be more deeply connected to the elaborate mysteries surrounding Ichigo than anything we've imagined. He might be the definite key to everything. This is a wall of text. I'll start with recapping some of the know facts on White. Skip that part if you like.


    White is a Hollow designed, as stated by Tousen, to Hollowfy other Shinigami. He is named “White”, something Aizen finds ironic since it's entire body (bar the mask) is black. Despite the “whiteness” within. They've created several hollows, had several hollowfication experiments, but this is the first hollow created based on the soul of a dead Shinigami. It also seemed to be in it's final “stage” since it exploded. (That seems to be the reason it blew up on death.) That's all we know for sure.

    Then there is hi method of “infecting” Shinigami. When it attacked Masaki, and considering the conversation of Aizen that followed, it seemed that bite is the “infecting”.This conversation also suggests that Ishinn was spared, and it interestingly went for Masaki instead. Tousen was outraged, but a quincy was not part of the original equation, so Aizen was naturally interested to see what would happen to a quincy that became infected rather than a Shinigami. It leads to a greater understanding of this creature, and the boundary between hollow and Shinigami. Also, what exactly happens within Masaki now that she's infected, is crucial for the bridging to Ichigo. The next chapters should provide the neccesary hints.

    ------------------

    Next, to explain of Ichigo's several powers, they make sense now. While most of us facepalmed at first, we should really learn to trust Kubo more since he actually thinks a lot of things through prety well. We can explain why he has several powers. First of all, remember Grand Fisher? When he saw Ishinn, he said that since his father is a Shinigami, Ichigo is more than a mere substitute and a full-blooded Shinigami as well. This suggest that innate Shinigami skills are bloodline related. Same with quincy, since they arrange pure-blood marriages to create pure-blooded offspring.

    Remember Aizen's words: “because you are the offspring of a Shinigami and--”
    Aizen is full well in the knowing that mommy was a quincy. The last part was supposed be: “a quincy”
    Now we also know why Aizen always kept a close eye on Ichigo since he was born, the result of a Shinigami and a white-infected Masaki. The ultimate result of his experiments.

    Now, with this in mind, we can start confirming why Ichigo has his powers:

    Shinigami: inherited from father. Similarities between Zanpakutou are notable.
    Quincy: inherited from his mother.
    Fullbring: mother was attacked by hollow. As with other fullbringers, his mother survived the attack and the reiatsu lingered untill it “infected” the child.

    Now this is why the fullbring arc was neccesary. This is were this all was explained. It also explains why the remnants of White's reiatsu were absorbed by Ichigo. Natural fullbringer birth. But, White's reiatsu was not ordinary since it was no ordinary hollow. It had special abilities. Most notably to fuse hollows and Shinigami. That bit is extremely relevant.

    What resided in Ichigo from the moment of his birth was not only his own Shinigami/quincy reiatsu. This reiatsu is infused with White's reiatsu, the two fusing together to form the totallity of his spirit power. The hollow reiatsu actually modifies the other two parts. We know for one, that Zangetsu did not originate from an Asauchi, that is why he failed the training. Zangetsu was definitely a Zanpakutou. But now we know it is fundamentally different from others. How is it different: it's because Ichigo's Zanpakuto, a manifestation of his reiatsu, is intrinsically modified/affected by White's reiatsu, which is the same reiatsu. This explains why Ichigo's inner hollow (What I believe to be the most direct manifestation of White) and Zangestu are the same. Zangetsu was created by Ichigo's own White reiatsu. This fundamental difference is also the reason why quincy medallions don't work on Zangetsu. It's not a standard Zanpakuto. So we now have a clear image of how White and his Shinigami powers are intertwined.

    Now to move on to his Vizard powers, and how White has influenced them. We not only saw how Ichigo's shinigami powers differed from other's. His Vizard powers also seemed fundamentally different from the other Vizards, as seen with “Ichigonator”. Ichigo's inner hollow has been a source of much mystery in the Bleachverse. Basically a white echo of Ichigo, it lacked traditional hollow features such as a mask and hollow hole. This suggested that it was no hollow but rather a manifestation of Ichigo's hollow reiatsu that first took a form of it's own after Ichigo nearly failed in recovering his Shinigami powers. Now we can assume that his is specifically the manifestation of White's reiatsu. Hollowfication allowed it to take this shape, the “inner whiteness” that Aizen refered to. White is no normal hollow, it has the power to fuse hollow and Shinigami. He is one with Zangetsu.
    We've seen White manifesting in full after Ichigo died by Ulquiorra's hand. He resurrected as a Hollow. But but not any ordinary hollow. It as no Vizard. It was no mere hollow. The populair belief that Ichigo became a Vasto Lorde is so extremely flawed and completely untrue. Always said it. Even then it was obvious that Ichigo's inner hollow wasn't normal and never evolved as it never devoured anything, and was no Menos. Heck, I'd say he cannot fundamentally be a menos. He's no ordinary hollow. He did show Arrancar-like powers such as Sonido. And we know that Arrancar are essentially hollows with Shinigami powers. But Ichigonator had his mask intact. Yet he used Sonido, an arrancar move, and wielded Tensa Zangetsu, a Zanpakuto. A true Shinigami Zanpakuto. Logical. Ichigo and White have mirrored growth because they are one and the same. Just as Ichigo can use hollow powers as a Shinigami, white can use Shinigami powers as a hollow. Because the two are so entwined, White succeeded to be a more perfect fusion than any vizard or Arrancar we have seen. Their oppsing powers are not makeshift copies, fundamentally different. They are inherently genuine, the real deal, but different from others of their kind because of the opposite's influence.


    To recap:
    You can see the profound effect this has had. Ichigo would have inherited both Quincy and Shinigami powers from his heritage. Normal. Ichigo is a fullbringer because Masaki was attacked by a hollow. Normal there. Though this is a rather unique/rare combo, this could be easily replicated. But the deciding factor is that the holow in question is White, because he was engineered to fuse hollow and Shinigami, or you could say hollowfy Shinigami. A hollow engineered on a dead Shinigami's soul. The uniqueness of white explains the uniqueness of Ichigo. White's reiatsu, his “inner whiteness”, affected all of Ichifo's reiatsu, merging with it, affecting his other powers. It “whitens” or you could say, “Bleaches” Ichigo's powers and inner self.

  2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Wow! Like the theory. It seems that White is a major character, at all. You seem to know where Bleach is going through!

  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    So this means Ichigo can become even stronger than he was vs. Aizen right? He didn't use Fullbring or Quincy powers (not that I know of atleast) back then
    Last edited by Notak; April 20, 2013 at 04:07 AM.

  5. #4
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    So this means Ichigo can become even stronger than he was vs. Aizen right? He didn't use Fullbring or Quincy powers (not that I know of atleast) back then
    At least it will be different if he masters all of his powers. When Ichigo regained his Shinigami powers he proved to be stronger than he was pre-timeskip, pre-dangai training. But when he fought Aizen he was on a whole other level, I believe. I don't think his reiatsu is currently at the same "transcendant" level. When you look back at the dangai training:
    Spoiler show

    You can see Zangetsu and White intertwining more and more, white gaining more power and thus resembling his previous form more and more. White's prescence has been proven to be especially strong in Bankai. When Ichigo fought Aizen, I think he was pretty much at the peak of his Shinigami/Hollow powers.

    As for his fullbring, he did not show it. But if my reasoning in the previous wall of text holds true, then White has never left Ichigo since he could train to use fullbring. Now it is interesting to note this:
    Spoiler show

    Ichigo's first full-body clad Fullbring. It is no coincidence that it resembles his shinigami form. Fullbring means tapping into Hollow/White's reiatsu, which is intertwined with his Shinigami reiatsu. So it was only obvious to suggest that this was the way for Ichigo to regain his Shinigami pwers. Fullbring allows him to tap into White's reiatsu, which could act as a doorway to his Shinigami powers. It makes sense. This could also be the reason for Ichigo's vizard status. Remember when he trained with Urahara? He could not tap into his Shinigami reiatsu. Only when he started to hollowfy, and White's reiatsu emerged, did Zangetsu suddenly appear in his mind. Why did White's dominance grow stronger when Ichigo entered bankai? They are the doorway to each other. Once again, their fusion holds the key. Keeping this in mind, I wonder if Ichigo, when controlling his shinigami powers, renders the Fullbring (Hollow) only powers obsolete. Fusing them seems irrelevant in this case.

    But now it gets interesting, like Aizen said. White was created to merge hollow powers to shinigami powers. We, and Aizen, have no idea what happens when you hollowfy a quincy. Now this is where Masaki becomes the interesting guinea pig. Her reaction to this condition might foreshadow how Ichigo's Quincy powers might develop, if he trains them at all. Keep in mind, he might choose not to. But with what we've seen thus far, it seems way less efective. Because white seems way less, if at all, connected to his quincy powers. They only awoke because of those memory particle thingies, and not at instances where White had a field day inside Ichigo. Maybe Masaki's hollowfication only ends up explaining why she lost her powers (which might be the case, why did she get herself killed by Grand Fisher when she owned White?). We'll have to see.

    In short, I can see Ichigo attaining the same level of perfection in his Shinigami/hollow abilities he showed vs Aizen. I don't see fullbring as being complementary to that. Not sure if Quincy powers make him stronger indefinitely, except if he can fuse Fullstandig with it. It will add an interesting dimension to it, at least. SHOULD he train his Quincy powers.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Well, I am not one to disregard a needlessly complicated theory however in regards to ichigo's powers I don't think white itself played a part, I don't think he is a part or transfered to ichigo. We know for a fact that white hollowified masaki. And not just normal hollowification, her actual human body was hollowified which is something unprecedented so far, even ichigo did not quite suffer through that (although that is perhaps explained by the fact that ichigo did separate his soul from his body). At this point the implication is that masaki was hollowified in body and soul so to speak. Now, if her body and soul were made hybrids then that alone is enough to explain how ichigo can be a hybrid, white ending up fusing with him at some point during his conception or masaki's pregnancy is just needless. I don't think we know enough to suggest white is somehow inside of masaki for that matter...

  8. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    ^I don't think it's a needlessly complicated theory

    Quote Originally Posted by Smerten View Post
    At least it will be different if he masters all of his powers. When Ichigo regained his Shinigami powers he proved to be stronger than he was pre-timeskip, pre-dangai training. But when he fought Aizen he was on a whole other level, I believe. I don't think his reiatsu is currently at the same "transcendant" level. When you look back at the dangai training:
    Spoiler show

    You can see Zangetsu and White intertwining more and more, white gaining more power and thus resembling his previous form more and more. White's prescence has been proven to be especially strong in Bankai. When Ichigo fought Aizen, I think he was pretty much at the peak of his Shinigami/Hollow powers.

    As for his fullbring, he did not show it. But if my reasoning in the previous wall of text holds true, then White has never left Ichigo since he could train to use fullbring. Now it is interesting to note this:
    Spoiler show

    Ichigo's first full-body clad Fullbring. It is no coincidence that it resembles his shinigami form. Fullbring means tapping into Hollow/White's reiatsu, which is intertwined with his Shinigami reiatsu. So it was only obvious to suggest that this was the way for Ichigo to regain his Shinigami pwers. Fullbring allows him to tap into White's reiatsu, which could act as a doorway to his Shinigami powers. It makes sense. This could also be the reason for Ichigo's vizard status. Remember when he trained with Urahara? He could not tap into his Shinigami reiatsu. Only when he started to hollowfy, and White's reiatsu emerged, did Zangetsu suddenly appear in his mind. Why did White's dominance grow stronger when Ichigo entered bankai? They are the doorway to each other. Once again, their fusion holds the key. Keeping this in mind, I wonder if Ichigo, when controlling his shinigami powers, renders the Fullbring (Hollow) only powers obsolete. Fusing them seems irrelevant in this case.

    But now it gets interesting, like Aizen said. White was created to merge hollow powers to shinigami powers. We, and Aizen, have no idea what happens when you hollowfy a quincy. Now this is where Masaki becomes the interesting guinea pig. Her reaction to this condition might foreshadow how Ichigo's Quincy powers might develop, if he trains them at all. Keep in mind, he might choose not to. But with what we've seen thus far, it seems way less efective. Because white seems way less, if at all, connected to his quincy powers. They only awoke because of those memory particle thingies, and not at instances where White had a field day inside Ichigo. Maybe Masaki's hollowfication only ends up explaining why she lost her powers (which might be the case, why did she get herself killed by Grand Fisher when she owned White?). We'll have to see.

    In short, I can see Ichigo attaining the same level of perfection in his Shinigami/hollow abilities he showed vs Aizen. I don't see fullbring as being complementary to that. Not sure if Quincy powers make him stronger indefinitely, except if he can fuse Fullstandig with it. It will add an interesting dimension to it, at least. SHOULD he train his Quincy powers.
    Makes sense.

    I suspect that Ichigo's power vs Aizen (especially the FGT) was somehow influenced by his Quincy side. Perhaps it is from his father, but it is strangely similar to the Letz Stil. I think that Ichigo has even more potential than he had vs Aizen though, which makes him so scary. He wouldn't just be number one in strength, he'd be far far above anyone.

  9. #7
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, I am not one to disregard a needlessly complicated theory however in regards to ichigo's powers I don't think white itself played a part, I don't think he is a part or transfered to ichigo. We know for a fact that white hollowified masaki. And not just normal hollowification, her actual human body was hollowified which is something unprecedented so far, even ichigo did not quite suffer through that (although that is perhaps explained by the fact that ichigo did separate his soul from his body). At this point the implication is that masaki was hollowified in body and soul so to speak. Now, if her body and soul were made hybrids then that alone is enough to explain how ichigo can be a hybrid, white ending up fusing with him at some point during his conception or masaki's pregnancy is just needless. I don't think we know enough to suggest white is somehow inside of masaki for that matter...

    You kinda missed the point. White did not fuse with Ichigo as a creature. That is not what I'm saying.
    First, you say: "Now, if her body and soul were made hybrids then that alone is enough to explain how ichigo can be a hybrid".
    That does not explain everything because you skip the bridge between Masaki and Ichigo's power. That mechanic is missing from your statement. And that is exactly why I say the fulbring arc was neccesary. Because it explains how White, the hollow that so incredibly resembles Ichigo's hollow, came to influence Ichigo.
    Fullbring origins: A Hollow attacks a female, and said female survives the attack. Despite survivng, traces of the guilty hollow remain inside the woman. Just to note, this is not a theory, this was explained to us in the fullbring arc. These traces of that hollows' reiatsu are passed on to their child, who is then born a fullbringer. That hollow reiatsu is what gives these humans their power. So, this cannon information effectively confirms how White's reiatsu entered Ichigo.
    Second, we know that reiatsu is the blueprint of the soul. Someone's unique powers are based on the uniqueness of their souls. So White's reiatsu should hold the "data" of his hollowfication powers. And White's reiatsu entered Ichigo, fullbring style, and had it's effect on it. I'm not saying Ichigo's inner hollow is White itself. But it is born from that reiatsu. you could see it as "White 2". It's the interaction and intertwining of reiatsu that I'm refering to. That is why Ichigo's Zanpakuto and Hollow forms bear a close resemblance to White. His reiatsu/blueprint was transferred when Ichigo was conceived.

    Next, it is not a very complex theory. The basics are very simple. The elaborate complexity you might experience is just me connecting this uniqueness to several other mysteries surrounding Ichigo, offering a possible explanation for them. Because I do believe, if these are indeed the effects White has had, this is the cornerstone, the central piece in Ichigo's various unique traits.

  10. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    I think the Fullbringer arc was necessary to introduce new characters who will join the fight with Vandenreich. We've already seen Ginjo, Giriko and Tsukishima in the Soul Society. The concept of Fullbring may be explained by the fact that Masaki was a Quincy and fought Hollows, but that alone wouldn't be enough. Fullbringers will play a role later, I just know it.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    I found the OP interesting to read, but I doubt White plays such a major role though.
    This flashback might just primary be about to tie up the loose ends of Ichigo's fullbring, and then explain his other powers, and how they're connected.

    I can't see how White should make it possible to create a Zanpaktou, heck Fullbring sounds much more likely to be the "cause" behind Ichigo's non Asauchi Zanpaktou, because of the mechanisms behind Fullbring.
    Albeit the problem is that Fullbring never seemed to have been activated before the Fullbring arc, albeit, perhaps the exception lied in the depths of his Soul, where Zangetsu came from.

    I just don't see it, how White could make such a difference to Ichigo's Zanpaktou.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    I think the Fullbringer arc was necessary to introduce new characters who will join the fight with Vandenreich. We've already seen Ginjo, Giriko and Tsukishima in the Soul Society. The concept of Fullbring may be explained by the fact that Masaki was a Quincy and fought Hollows, but that alone wouldn't be enough. Fullbringers will play a role later, I just know it.
    Fullbring is a cool concept though, if only the arc hard been more interesting, and the idea of Fullbring more truthfully explained.
    But the idea that you can manipulate matter by manipulating the souls in matter and thereby create and control matter, is kinda cool.
    Imagine Ichigo with a "controlled" Getsuga Tenshou through Fullbring, whereas he can draw all his destructive power into a tiny little narror area, and do huge damage.

  13. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Fullbring is a cool concept though, if only the arc hard been more interesting, and the idea of Fullbring more truthfully explained.
    But the idea that you can manipulate matter by manipulating the souls in matter and thereby create and control matter, is kinda cool.
    Imagine Ichigo with a "controlled" Getsuga Tenshou through Fullbring, whereas he can draw all his destructive power into a tiny little narror area, and do huge damage.
    Sadly, it seems like Ichigo can't use his Fullbring anymore. Also, during his fight with Asguiaro or what was that Quincy-Arrancar's dude name again, it looked like the guy damaged Ichigo's Fullbring "pieces" of his outfit. You know, those bone-looking things. Perhaps he destroyed them completely?

  14. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Sadly, it seems like Ichigo can't use his Fullbring anymore. Also, during his fight with Asguiaro or what was that Quincy-Arrancar's dude name again, it looked like the guy damaged Ichigo's Fullbring "pieces" of his outfit. You know, those bone-looking things. Perhaps he destroyed them completely?
    You bring valid points, but lets try develop a little on the possibilities.
    Ginjou did say that when a Fullbringer dies, their abilities are "reset", basically all the victims Tsuki (Forgot his full name) has been around who are still alive, will return to normal, the moment he died.
    Ginjou was the one who stole Ichigo's fullbring with his ability, it may, it may not, we don't know, but it could in theory return to Ichigo, but Ichigo is still only using the parts of it that merged with his shinigami powers, and not the returning aspect of his fullbring.

    Also we saw how easy fullbring can change by "gaining" powers, even their abilities were enhanced by getting Ichigo's powers.
    So what would happen if Ichigo got all the stolen powers back? I don't know, I'm only guessing here.
    I don't want to see Ichigo's fullbring armor again though, oh God that was a nightmare... But it gives possibilities for Kubo to make a new design that actually looks awesome.

    Just theorizing here, since it's all kinda up in the air for what could happen.

  15. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    I just want to say, Quantized, you say that you don't see how White could have such an effect on Ichigo's zan. Well, Tensa Zangetsu said to Ichigo that he and the hollow were originally one. So that part is officially confirmed, Ichigo's zan will always have a hollow side, though he can control it. Even his Bankai has dark hollow-like reiatsu, like Halibel and Ulquiorra said when they saw it.

    Perhaps you could say his shikai doesn't involve the Hollow side as much, but once he goes Bankai it's different. I even wonder if his bankai itself is a hybrid transformation, a Resurrecion and bankai fused together.
    Last edited by Notak; April 22, 2013 at 03:29 PM.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    I just want to say, Quantized, you say that you don't see how White could have such an effect on Ichigo's zan. Well, Tensa Zangetsu said to Ichigo that he and the hollow were originally one. So that part is officially confirmed, Ichigo's zan will always have a hollow side, though he can control it. Even his Bankai has dark hollow-like reiatsu, like Halibel and Ulquiorra said when they saw it.

    Perhaps you could say his shikai doesn't involve the Hollow side as much, but once he goes Bankai it's different. I even wonder if his bankai itself is a hybrid transformation, a Resurrecion and bankai fused together.
    Bankai means full release. The Zanpakuto is unsealed in it's entirety, that also means the full force of it's reiatsu and the components that make it up. It's fully manifested. So it's only logical that Tensa Zangetsu is compared to hollow reiatsu, since that part is released also. Zangetsu and the hollow being the same, releasing Zangetsu fully means releasing the hollow too. Though in Bankai, the shinigami side is dominant.

    As for the hybrid transformation, I think that is somewhat in the right direction, but it's still a bankai. Resurreccion would be more appropriate to use when refering to Ichigonator, I believe. Not that is a definite, pure resurreccion. How can I put it?
    Tensa Zangetsu = Bankai, full Shinigami power influenced by hollow reiatsu. Though different, it's still a Bankai thus Shinigami power in essence.
    Mirroring that:
    Ichigonator: Some form of resurreccion. Basically a hollow form with Shinigami powers. Since it already has a zanpakuto, in Bankai state even, it does not need to seal it's powers in a mask as other hollows do. Unlike Arrancar, who break their masks and seal their power into zanpakuto, this form has a Zanpakuto. From it's shinigami side. It's a more complete hybrid. Plus, he showed Sonido. Arrancar techniques.

    Or to shorten it more: Tensa Zangetsu is a bankai but inherently different, since it's infused with hollow powers that become more apparant with full release, and that hollow part is the reason why Quincy can't steal it. Ichigonator is the "resurreccion" part, full manifestation of hollow reiatsu though also inherently different, due to the presence of an "authentic" shinigami zanpakuto/bankai.

  18. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    I just want to say, Quantized, you say that you don't see how White could have such an effect on Ichigo's zan. Well, Tensa Zangetsu said to Ichigo that he and the hollow were originally one. So that part is officially confirmed, Ichigo's zan will always have a hollow side, though he can control it. Even his Bankai has dark hollow-like reiatsu, like Halibel and Ulquiorra said when they saw it.

    Perhaps you could say his shikai doesn't involve the Hollow side as much, but once he goes Bankai it's different. I even wonder if his bankai itself is a hybrid transformation, a Resurrecion and bankai fused together.
    That still doesn't explain why he does not need an Asauchi, Asauchi is a "medium" used to manifest a inner spirit, whereas in Ichigo's case, something else is being the medium.
    White doesn't make sense in my view, at least not unless Kubo gives a really damn good reason as for why it works, should it turn out to be White after all.
    But then we're low on information, cause just HOW can he replace an Asauchi with White?

    I wan't details on how, before I'd accept it as a main stream theory, I respect your theory, but right now I can't say if it's any better than any other theory around, cause the "how" is lacking.

    His hollow powers seem to be just the opposite of his shinigami powers, and all the talk we have heard about hollowfication, it seems to me more that all shinigami has hollows within their zanpaktou, cause all shinigami has a hollow side, but it's merely been sealed off, when they become souls of Soul Society, and protected against becoming hollows.
    Hollowfication unleases this "inner" spirit of a hollow, and thereby any other Vizard should also have a hollow manifested in their Asauchi, it is an inner spirit afterall.

    Also remember how Rukia talked about Orihime's brother in the early manga? That the "inner" hollow spirit within Orihime's brother is fighting to take control of him, therefore he has to be purified, cause eventually he'll loose control again.

    It's safe to assume by this imo, that all hollows have an inner hollow spirit.

    Then all of a sudden White isn't so unique anymore, except if Aizen did something crazy with the guy, but anywy, I still want to wait and see if that is the case.
    So far White seemed to have caused a normal hollow bite, with the only exception (imo) that it can bite and turn shinigami too, as Aizen implied.

    The hollow within Icihgo seems to be Ichigo's own hollow, just like any other Vizard/Hollow has an inner hollow spirit, and all shinigami has an inactive one, buried deep within their soul.
    Masaki's hollowfication though I think will be important to Ichigo's fullbring, cause fullbring was made dead certain to be of importance in Kubo's interviews, and since we're getting an understanding of all Ichigo's powers right now, then there isn't really any better time to give us a fully understanding of his Fullbring.

    This is to understand Ichigos core, all has to be included, and the hollowfication on Masaki would explain the Fullbring, I think it's more simple that we're giving the story credit for.

    Just putting my view out there, I still found the OP post an interesting read, but I can't submit to it as it is right now.

  19. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

    This explains more or less, Ichigo's basic soul and how it can replicate into Shinigami, Quincy, Hollow or any other type of spiritual power. Ichigo could be like the Hougyoku in human form in a sense.

    Sounds like your saying, Ichigo is the perfect soul, which is why, he's attracted the Soul King. Makes sense in the scheme of things and Ichigo just needs to fully understand his power, in order to be a major bad a** finally.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts