Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other dots

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

Quote Quote:
    I suspect that Ichigo's power vs Aizen (especially the FGT) was somehow influenced by his Quincy side
    Actually, I think it is the only reason Ichigo is in possession of such technique. Quincy Final Form = Ichigo FGT, which was shaped from his fused White/Shinigami reiatsu.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White and the neccesity of fullbring arc: connecting all Ichigo's powers, Ichigonator, bankai-theft immunity + the other

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzier View Post
    Actually, I think it is the only reason Ichigo is in possession of such technique. Quincy Final Form = Ichigo FGT, which was shaped from his fused White/Shinigami reiatsu.
    Final getsuga tensho is a 100% pure shinigami technique though. Ichigo learned about the technique from ishin who also possesses the technique. The power he had against aizen was definitely based of the traits from every type of souls that his soul is made out of though (human, hollow, shinigami and quincy). I don't know how exactly reishi absorption would come into play though, its not like ichigo's power was not felt because of his quincy heritage after all. Even when he released black reiatsu aizen could not feel it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Final getsuga tensho is a 100% pure shinigami technique though. Ichigo learned about the technique from ishin who also possesses the technique. The power he had against aizen was definitely based of the traits from every type of souls that his soul is made out of though (human, hollow, shinigami and quincy). I don't know how exactly reishi absorption would come into play though, its not like ichigo's power was not felt because of his quincy heritage after all. Even when he released black reiatsu aizen could not feel it.
    The reason why Aizen did not feel Ichigo's reiatsu is because it's strength was so tremendous that Aizen could not comprehend it.

How do we know that Isshin unlocked FGT? He may know of such thing's existence but I don't think he can use it (or am I missing something?).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen failed to feel it because Ichigo conversed all his spiritual energy into physical strength and the physical strength only can be felt by physical interactions or contacts with other objects or things.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzier View Post
    The reason why Aizen did not feel Ichigo's reiatsu is because it's strength was so tremendous that Aizen could not comprehend it.

How do we know that Isshin unlocked FGT? He may know of such thing's existence but I don't think he can use it (or am I missing something?).
    Well, shinigami techniques are pretty much very individual and can only be transmitted from zampakuto to shinigami directly. How would ishin ever know about FGT himself? I don't think the technique is actually a generic thing so far. More so, similarities between engetsu and zangetsu have been shown. Overall it makes perfect sense ishin himself knows the technique which is why he knew ichigo would be able to use it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Careful!!!... Although I'm not completely on-board with FGT actually being Letz Stil, I have to disagree with you there!!! At no point has it ever stated that Isshin possesses FGT; he could have learnt of its existence from either Masaki or Urahara, who theorized that Ichigo would possess a hybrid form of Letz Stil!!! There's actually more evidence to suggest that Isshin DIDN'T know how to use FGT; why didn't he drop hints to Ichigo on how to obtain it???
    Last edited by kkck; May 07, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Careful!!!... Although I'm not completely on-board with FGT actually being Letz Stil, I have to disagree with you there!!! At no point has it ever stated that Isshin possesses FGT; he could have learnt of its existence from either Masaki or Urahara, who theorized that Ichigo would possess a hybrid form of Letz Stil!!! There's actually more evidence to suggest that Isshin DIDN'T know how to use FGT; why didn't he drop hints to Ichigo on how to obtain it???
    Or he tried to learn FGT once, but couldn't get it, as he never came up with an answer to Engetsu's wrath. Still, he can use Getsuga Tenshou. -.-
    Last edited by Duniak; May 07, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would masaki, a quincy, or urahara, a completely separate shinigami know of a zampakuto technique of ichigo? Urahara even made the point that he could not teach him zampakuto techniques, only preparation or something during the rescue rukia arc. Ishin did drop hints on ichigo on how to obtain him though, he was the one that sent him to force the technique out of zangetsu. Ishin also explained a tad earlier that for ichigo to advanced he would have to advance through the thousands of shinigami history or something and experience it himself. When it comes to zampakuto there are no shortcuts (other than the urahara doll), you have to take your time to work personally with your sword and that kind of things. Even then, this should be a strong hint that ishin knows FGT.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-54486-1...apter-409.html

Otherwise what he says makes no sense at all.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would masaki, a quincy, or urahara, a completely separate shinigami know of a zampakuto technique of ichigo? Urahara even made the point that he could not teach him zampakuto techniques, only preparation or something during the rescue rukia arc. Ishin did drop hints on ichigo on how to obtain him though, he was the one that sent him to force the technique out of zangetsu. Ishin also explained a tad earlier that for ichigo to advanced he would have to advance through the thousands of shinigami history or something and experience it himself. When it comes to zampakuto there are no shortcuts (other than the urahara doll), you have to take your time to work personally with your sword and that kind of things. Even then, this should be a strong hint that ishin knows FGT.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-54486-1...apter-409.html

Otherwise what he says makes no sense at all.

What's the deal with you two? You cut off Lee's post and copied it as yours? xD

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    What's the deal with you two? You cut off Lee's post and copied it as yours? xD
    Nah, its not that lol. I accidentally clicked edit post instead of quote post and without noticing wrote my post into his. I just corrected that little oversight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Kkck. The Final Getsuga Tenshou must have been a pure Shinigami technique, passed onto Ichigo via Isshin. Nothing else makes sense. The way Isshin was explaining it, it was implicit that he knew of FGT as well. Also, Isshin noticed when Ichigo started making progress with FGT, which further suggests that Isshin knows FGT. There's also he fact that Isshin can use Getsuga Tenshou. It is thus extremely weird if it originated from Masaki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the assumption that the "Final Getsuga Tenshou" not only is a shinigami technique called "Zen" or whatever, but any shinigami can use this ability of discarding all their power as a weapon. I mean, Rukia demonstrated this in the beginning of the series, where she only meant to lend Ichigo half of her shinigami powers and by accident gave Ichigo all of them. And maybe, Ichigo's Quincy or Hollow power was the cause of that.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure, Isshin can use the technique to, even if, he never had to use it before.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that what Rukia did was not related to FGT. It was due to Ichigo's own power that all her powers were transfered to him and due to his nature and the nature of her Gigai it was nearly impossible for her to regain her powers while in the human realm.

It was explained in the anime and manga.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Aizen failed to feel it because Ichigo conversed all his spiritual energy into physical strength and the physical strength only can be felt by physical interactions or contacts with other objects or things.
    Bullshit
    That's what Aizen said first when he was surprised by Ichigo's physical power, he said that Ichigo discarded his reiatsu to increase his physical powers, because he thought Ichigo lost hope on fighting Aizen using reiatsu, but that's absolutely wrong

Later on, when Ichigo used Mugetsu, Aizen clearly explained that his reiatsu was on a whole another level, to the point where Aizen could no feel it anymore. Aizen clearly said that no Shinigami/Hollow/Humans could feel his reiatsu unless he lowers it so that they can.

Ichigo simply outclassed Aizen in every single aspect during that fight

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, avoid posting spoilers. Spoilers are not allowed even when in spoiler tags.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast