Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment (multi-choice allowed)

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natsu and F. Rouge fighting on top of a Dragon

10 13.70%
  • Makrov trying to punch the fire dragon in the face

8 10.96%
  • Finding out how Sting and Rouge really killed their respective Dragons

13 17.81%
  • Finding out the Acnologia is the ruler in the future

10 13.70%
  • Finding out what F. Rouge is trying to do

6 8.22%
  • Natsu putting the hurt on the Dragon he is riding

15 20.55%
  • Natsu calling together the 7 Dragon Slayers to take on the 7 Dragons

36 49.32%
  • The return of Cobra

39 53.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 329 Discussion / 330 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 329 Discussion / 330 Predictions

I've opened a thread for discussions about the Zentopia arc being canon or not - inkl. a vote if you don't want to discuss this anymore. Maybe we should all go there before this off-topic discussion becomes out of hand here. thx

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, how nice to have the chapter today and it was a good one at that.
    So happy to see Cobra back to fight the dragons alongside the other guilds; he was the only guy in OS that I really liked. Can't wait to see him using again his poison DS techniques (because in the anime he didn't used them so much...).
    Seems like that Jellal's actions will really save the world.
    Anyway it was nice to see the start of the counterattack against the dragons initiated by Natsu with a speech that oddly enough didn't involved the Nakama power-up.
    Mashima did a good job,also because it was nice to know how Sting and Rogue killed their dragons.
    Last edited by Zasz; May 01, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Mashima had a character reference the events of that arc while in the story. That makes it more canon than if he'd come out and said 'count what happened in the anime', and Word of God is usually treated as canon.

As for them being pardoned... I seriously doubt it, although I'd like to see it happen. We have no idea if Jellal struck a deal or only asked that they release Cobra, and given how grudging they seemed to let Cobra out, they might not let his past crimes slide after he helps save the day.
    I think you're forgetting about the royal family. Makarov may make a plea to the King to pardon Cobra and CS for their actions in this battle. So I think Cobra getting a pardon is highly likely from now on. And I think Cobra is the kind of guy who hates being bound by rules, so I think he'll prefer sticking with CS.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I think you're forgetting about the royal family. Makarov may make a plea to the King to pardon Cobra and CS for their actions in this battle. So I think Cobra getting a pardon is highly likely from now on. And I think Cobra is the kind of guy who hates being bound by rules, so I think he'll prefer sticking with CS.
    The king isn't the one in charge of Cobra, the Council is. He has some influence with them as king of respected neutral country, but they're an international body. Their headquarters as best we can tell is not in Fiore. So while the King could ask the council to pardon Cobra and CS, he can't pardon them himself.

As for whether the council would pardon Jellal and company, I would remind people of how the Oracion Seis arc turned out. Fairy Tail and the other guilds moved because the council seemed too disorganized in the aftermath of Jellal's betrayal to respond to Oracion Seis in time. Thanks to them and Jellal when he turned up alive, when the council's rune knights arrived, instead of finding a united and unshaken Oracion Seis plus supporting dark guilds in possession of Nirvana, they found a defeated and easily arrested Oracion Seis and support, and Nirvana destroyed.

In response to that, they arrested the amnesic Jellal, sentenced him to death, and were unhappy about Fairy Tail engaging in another guild war, even if it was with a dark guild.

I'd say their odds of pardoning Cobra and CS for the day's events are pretty poor.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    I hope beating a dragon does make them stronger. But will it be enough?

As some have already said. Beating the 7 dragons doesn't accomplish anything. Acnologia is still a major threat as is zeref who both have whereabouts unknown.
    yes but one must crawl before they can walk, they all need one or two more powerups minimum before challenging acnologia

just incase anyone forgot

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

cant zeref control dragons and acnologia? so shouldn't zeref be ruler of the future?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering that Zeref thinks Natsu is important, but did nothing when he was certain Acnologia was going to kill Natsu, I'd have to call bull on Mashima if it was suddenly revealed that he could control Acnologia. He might have thought he could when he turned Acnologia into a dragon, but I don't think he can now. 90% of the time he can't even control his own magic, anyway.

Although here's a thought: If Dragon Domination magic doesn't work on Acnologia becuase he was once human (assuming that's why it didn't work) then could Zoldeo's Human Subordination magic have had any effect on him?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious to see how the Dragon's face off against. I originally assumed Atlas Flame would have to be against Natsu, but maybe that is not the case. Gajeel can do Shadow-Iron Magic, Natsu can do Fire-Lightning Magic, Sting and Lector can blend light-shadow. Natsu has experienced God Flame and Flame of Rebuke Atlas' flames would have no benefit to him. We already know that Gajeel is in the scuffle with Atlas, so he can take point. I am sure he will say he has experienced hotter flames and figure out how to eat them. The question becomes does this allow for the DS to learn hybrid techniques to strengthen them for the eventual battle with Acnolegia. Exactly 7 DS is very thematic. Do they bathe in dragon blood and gain strength. Will we get to see all the full dragon force looks. Can a non-DS gain abiilties from dragon's blood? Who cares ... there be dragons!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we still dont know how or if zeref is involved in all of this, but i know that ultear, meredy and jellal didnt tag along for their health........

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanka View Post
    I am curious to see how the Dragon's face off against. I originally assumed Atlas Flame would have to be against Natsu, but maybe that is not the case. Gajeel can do Shadow-Iron Magic, Natsu can do Fire-Lightning Magic, Sting and Lector can blend light-shadow. Natsu has experienced God Flame and Flame of Rebuke Atlas' flames would have no benefit to him. We already know that Gajeel is in the scuffle with Atlas, so he can take point. I am sure he will say he has experienced hotter flames and figure out how to eat them. The question becomes does this allow for the DS to learn hybrid techniques to strengthen them for the eventual battle with Acnolegia. Exactly 7 DS is very thematic. Do they bathe in dragon blood and gain strength. Will we get to see all the full dragon force looks. Can a non-DS gain abiilties from dragon's blood? Who cares ... there be dragons!
    My idea was that natsu would have actually been strongest against atlasflame.... I guess it does depend on one thing in the end though. DS have the ability to devour their element and make it their strength. What about dragons? Can they eat their own element? If they cannot then atlasflame against natsu would be extremely inconvenient against atlas considering natsu could devour his magic while at the same time atlas could not devour flames. Natsu would get really powerful really quickly. Perhaps it makes sense that each DS would ultimately be meant to defeat dragons of their own element.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Do u know if FT 330 will come out today? Or the last one counted as this week's one?
    And does it mean the chapter 330 will come out Friday 10?

Thank you in advance

##

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teleuton View Post
    Do u know if FT 330 will come out today? Or the last one counted as this week's one?
    And does it mean the chapter 330 will come out Friday 10?

Thank you in advance

##
    Chapter 329 is the chapter that would normally come out today. Chapter 330 should not be expected until next Friday, May 10th.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if anyone noticed but I think this chapter just made a reference to something which was said earlier.
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/222/3

Isn't the number 90%-10% a little strange? I wonder if the "ultimate world of magic" which the seven kin and hades wanted was an actual misinterpretation of what it really was. Hades apparently made a few misinterpretations when it comes to this sort of thing so it wouldn't be strange if he went about this the wrong way. Its not that there is something that actually stops non magical beings from living, in the ultimate world of magic which is ruled by a dragon only humans with magic can possibly survive. The rest simply don't have power to make a living so to speak, they cannot possibly defend themselves. It might be just 1 dragon however I doubt he rules over everyone alone, odds are that through zeref he got a handful of demons from zeref. So the ultimately world of magic is a world filled with magical beings because acknologia killed the rest. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

And how about another completely crackpot theory.... How about if natsu IS acknologia? From another timeline.... Mashima has made a few pokes at a connection between acknologia and natsu so far.

http://www.mangapanda.com/135-56738-...apter-196.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/301/15
    http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/292/19

I had a couple more in mind but I seem to have forgotten them... Anyways, alternate timelines is not a foreign plot point for mashima, it would make sense to some degree.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Moogle Mango's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Don't know if anyone noticed but I think this chapter just made a reference to something which was said earlier.
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/222/3

Isn't the number 90%-10% a little strange? I wonder if the "ultimate world of magic" which the seven kin and hades wanted was an actual misinterpretation of what it really was. Hades apparently made a few misinterpretations when it comes to this sort of thing so it wouldn't be strange if he went about this the wrong way. Its not that there is something that actually stops non magical beings from living, in the ultimate world of magic which is ruled by a dragon only humans with magic can possibly survive. The rest simply don't have power to make a living so to speak, they cannot possibly defend themselves. It might be just 1 dragon however I doubt he rules over everyone alone, odds are that through zeref he got a handful of demons from zeref. So the ultimately world of magic is a world filled with magical beings because acknologia killed the rest. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

And how about another completely crackpot theory.... How about if natsu IS acknologia? From another timeline.... Mashima has made a few pokes at a connection between acknologia and natsu so far.

http://www.mangapanda.com/135-56738-...apter-196.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/301/15
    http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/292/19

I had a couple more in mind but I seem to have forgotten them... Anyways, alternate timelines is not a foreign plot point for mashima, it would make sense to some degree.
    I don't see a connection with Natsu being Acknologia. In your first example, Natsu's portrayal of the "great demon lord dragneel" is a general motif of a demon. Horns and all. He donned that costume to spook the people of that land for them to hate and see him as the antagonist, not Jellal/mystogen.
    Force Quit.
    Spoiler show

haw haw!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soo..DS magic doesnt slay dragons because its super powerful, but because it is special in the regard that it has a certain potent effect on dragons in general. But I keep in mind that the weilder of the DS magic prob still has to be particularly strong to defeat a dragon even though the "super effective" trait in there.

And remind me..do dragons have a resistance to normal magic? Are the likes of Jura, Jellal and the assortment of guild masters fairly useless in this battle??

Curious about the god slayers in that regard as well!

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast