Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment (multi-choice allowed)

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natsu and F. Rouge fighting on top of a Dragon

10 13.70%
  • Makrov trying to punch the fire dragon in the face

8 10.96%
  • Finding out how Sting and Rouge really killed their respective Dragons

13 17.81%
  • Finding out the Acnologia is the ruler in the future

10 13.70%
  • Finding out what F. Rouge is trying to do

6 8.22%
  • Natsu putting the hurt on the Dragon he is riding

15 20.55%
  • Natsu calling together the 7 Dragon Slayers to take on the 7 Dragons

36 49.32%
  • The return of Cobra

39 53.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Fairy Tail 329 Discussion / 330 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 329 Discussion / 330 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle Mango View Post
    I don't see a connection with Natsu being Acknologia. In your first example, Natsu's portrayal of the "great demon lord dragneel" is a general motif of a demon. Horns and all. He donned that costume to spook the people of that land for them to hate and see him as the antagonist, not Jellal/mystogen.
    Well we were recently given proof that Weisslogia is more than 400 years old, since he was depicted as teaching humans DS magic.

Besides, it wouldn't be the first time that mangaka show something like this and then it turns out it's true xD

And Zirconis also says: Because of you I was... and then vanishes. He was what? Defeated? Killed? Imprisoned? Sealed? Because of you, could mean you Natsu Dragneel or you Dragon Slayers in general.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk about the natsu is acnologia theory, but I do think natsu is connected to 400 years ago.

Zeref hasn't really been seen since he was in power, 400 years ago, yet he knew natsu when he saw him, and also back during the battle of fairy tail natsu and gajeel couldn't make it through barrier, and they obviously weren't stone statues so they might just have been over 80, like maybe they are from 400 years ago.

Now that we know time travel is possible, there are so many possible connections between the dragons and dragon slayers

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Natsu Dragneel - Lightning Flame Dragon Force - Just saying, it would be awesome

Maybe lightning flame dragon mode combined with eating atlas flames fire would activate it, or jellal could use the flame of rebuke again, but it would be awesome

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Well we were recently given proof that Weisslogia is more than 400 years old, since he was depicted as teaching humans DS magic.

Besides, it wouldn't be the first time that mangaka show something like this and then it turns out it's true xD

And Zirconis also says: Because of you I was... and then vanishes. He was what? Defeated? Killed? Imprisoned? Sealed? Because of you, could mean you Natsu Dragneel or you Dragon Slayers in general.
    Weisslogia and the dragon from 400 years ago both have beards, but I'm pretty sure one had horns and the other didn't.

---------- Post added May 04, 2013 at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was May 03, 2013 at 08:20 PM ----------

Nnnnnnnope. Double checked and they both had horns. Guess I was looking at Weisslogia from a bad angle. Sorry, Sarutobi, that was me being an idiot.

*ahem* So I was wondering, about Rogue's Dragon Domination trick... if the only dragon in the future is Acnologia, who the magic didn't work on, how did he know that it was only that Acnologia was immune, and that he could still use it on other dragons?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Soo..DS magic doesnt slay dragons because its super powerful, but because it is special in the regard that it has a certain potent effect on dragons in general. But I keep in mind that the weilder of the DS magic prob still has to be particularly strong to defeat a dragon even though the "super effective" trait in there.

And remind me..do dragons have a resistance to normal magic? Are the likes of Jura, Jellal and the assortment of guild masters fairly useless in this battle??

Curious about the god slayers in that regard as well!
    Thinking about it I don't think the issue here is that dragons are in itself immune to human powers... The idea itself is weird to be honest. IMO the issue here is limited to DS magic being super effective against dragons so to speak rather than anything else going on. In all other cases it simply shows that dragons have innately that much more power than humans. Makarov can perhaps make a difference here however he will perhaps have to step us his game so to speak.

GS should IMO be in a similar position to other humans. Their magic would be effective against gods, not against dragons so the difference in volume of power between humans and dragons is going to make a difference. Perhaps depending on the enemy they will be able to devour their magic and strengthen their attack though. It would come down to whether there is a lightning and wind dragon there....

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Soo..DS magic doesnt slay dragons because its super powerful, but because it is special in the regard that it has a certain potent effect on dragons in general.
    Right. That was stated several times in the manga. Dragon Slayer isn't automatically the strongest magic but the only one being effective against Dragons.

And remind me..do dragons have a resistance to normal magic?
    As of now, they're not to be affected by any other magic - of those being shown used against a dragon - than Dragon Slayer magic. Irritated maybe, but not actually harmed. It's currently open if magic like God Slayer, the three grand Fairy "techniques" can do anything... At least we know a powerhouse like Gildarts who demolishes cities by tripping is more like a toy to a dragon.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm but still a dragon is a mighty powerful beast to argue and gigantically bigger then any human being ive seen in any fantasy world. therefore to say the following
    "Soo..DS magic doesnt slay dragons because its super powerful, but because it is special in the regard that it has a certain potent effect on dragons in general.
    Right. That was stated several times in the manga. Dragon Slayer isn't automatically the strongest magic but the only one being effective against Dragons."
    doesn't make complete sense because to kill a dragon the magic must be super powerful or at least have a very powerful dangerous aspect to it an aspect that allows it to kill dragons to begin with. All dragonslayers in this manga are considered feared and dangerous mages and have magic way superior to any other type of magic sen before (natsu and gajeel are full of this trope). Therefore I do think it is the strongest if at least one of the most destructive magic of all time and definitely can go unchallenged unless pillared against another dragon slayer.

I mean come on killing a dragon is no small time feat and is even considered impossible and we saw it in this chapter already. clearly this magic is way more powerful it's just that no one but acalogia figured out how to tap the full power and perhaps maybe natsu who has forgotten everythng
    Last edited by amitnaruto; May 05, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    hmm but still a dragon is a mighty powerful beast to argue and gigantically bigger then any human being ive seen in any fantasy world. therefore to say the following
    "Soo..DS magic doesnt slay dragons because its super powerful, but because it is special in the regard that it has a certain potent effect on dragons in general.
    Right. That was stated several times in the manga. Dragon Slayer isn't automatically the strongest magic but the only one being effective against Dragons."
    doesn't make complete sense because to kill a dragon the magic must be super powerful or at least have a very powerful dangerous aspect to it an aspect that allows it to kill dragons to begin with. All dragonslayers in this manga are considered feared and dangerous mages and have magic way superior to any other type of magic sen before (natsu and gajeel are full of this trope). Therefore I do think it is the strongest if at least one of the most destructive magic of all time and definitely can go unchallenged unless pillared against another dragon slayer.

I mean come on killing a dragon is no small time feat and is even considered impossible and we saw it in this chapter already. clearly this magic is way more powerful it's just that no one but acalogia figured out how to tap the full power and perhaps maybe natsu who has forgotten everythng
    Well, the issue here is that there really is no reason for us to think that any of the DSs are that powerful. Makarov is arguably the strongest wizard we have seen in the series so far (except for hades although he kinda cheated) and his attack did not even budge a dragon. Natsu has grown stronger but I doubt he could match the likes of gildarts at large..... Laxus is supposed to be even with gildarts for that matter. And then again, we still saw natsu dealing a damaging hit on a dragon while the overall superior makarov did not budge it.
    http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail...6-page-16.html

DS magic is specifically meant to be destructive against dragons. Its effectiveness is not something we could quite see against normal humans and perhaps it even explains why natsu managed to half win against laxus with his most powerful technique.

DS magic is powerful but safe for the element eating thing I don't think conventional DS magic has actually shown DS magic to be the ultimate magic so to speak. I mean, natsu hit gildarts with the exact same technique he used to defeat laxus while being at full strength and the technique did not even budge gildarts. He needed ethereon to surpass gerard and he also needed gerard's flame of rebuke to defeat zero. Not to mention his magic being horribly ineffective against zancrow until he used a flame which surpassed both gods and dragons. I guess there could be more to the magic, specially once it comes to the user transforming into a dragon but overall it does not seem like it really is that effective against humans as natsu just showed against this one dragon. I don't think natsu actually even comes close to matching a dragon in terms of sheer volume of magic so far. At most natsu would just match the likes of laxus right now IMO but only with his double element thing and even that is a bit of a stretch IMO.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the issue here is that there really is no reason for us to think that any of the DSs are that powerful. Makarov is arguably the strongest wizard we have seen in the series so far (except for hades although he kinda cheated) and his attack did not even budge a dragon. Natsu has grown stronger but I doubt he could match the likes of gildarts at large..... Laxus is supposed to be even with gildarts for that matter. And then again, we still saw natsu dealing a damaging hit on a dragon while the overall superior makarov did not budge it.
    http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail...6-page-16.html

DS magic is specifically meant to be destructive against dragons. Its effectiveness is not something we could quite see against normal humans and perhaps it even explains why natsu managed to half win against laxus with his most powerful technique.

DS magic is powerful but safe for the element eating thing I don't think conventional DS magic has actually shown DS magic to be the ultimate magic so to speak. I mean, natsu hit gildarts with the exact same technique he used to defeat laxus while being at full strength and the technique did not even budge gildarts. He needed ethereon to surpass gerard and he also needed gerard's flame of rebuke to defeat zero. Not to mention his magic being horribly ineffective against zancrow until he used a flame which surpassed both gods and dragons. I guess there could be more to the magic, specially once it comes to the user transforming into a dragon but overall it does not seem like it really is that effective against humans as natsu just showed against this one dragon. I don't think natsu actually even comes close to matching a dragon in terms of sheer volume of magic so far. At most natsu would just match the likes of laxus right now IMO but only with his double element thing and even that is a bit of a stretch IMO.

ok i do agree with you but here's something to also consider. For one all these dragonslayers were abadoned as young children. Natsu and gajeel had dragon slayers that left them around 7 years of age wendy even younger and amazingly both sting and rouge assisted in the killing of their dragons at a very young age. We also know that sting and rogue only do dragonforce via lacrima's. Therefore I have one very practical and logical question to ask, how much magic can a child possibly learn? think about it igneel was natsu's foster parent but in my opinion igneel only taught him the FUNDAMENTAL BASICS of dragonslayer magic, natsu's most powerfullest and dangerous attacks are all just him using basic dragonslaying techniques none of these techniques are actually advanced magical attacks especially if we compared them to dragonslayers 400 years ago i mean adult dragon slayers dragonslayers who were trained for several years from childhood to their prime. This can also explain all the battles natsu has fought so far, your right he has somewhat manupilated the enemy's magic or got some "powerboost" but this could be his inability to truly harness the real power of dragon slaying magic. I may be wrong but it makes sense because natsu even as a child was never shown to be some crazy genius nor any of the other dragonslayers for that matter you can only learn so much. Hence my claim, also let's not forgot even mythologically speaking dragons even in chinese, indian and japanese cultures (which this manga does have some origins from) were revered and respected creatures and had powers akin to a god i doubt this dragonslaying magic was so special against dragons which are feared and treated as demigods but dragonslaing magic can't harm a weak pathetic human being?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Thuwa25's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

is it out yet I mean golden week is over.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6