Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Quick Reply - Memory bank bug

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Reply - Memory bank bug

Hey you all awesome Mangahelpers!

I've encountered a bug, which you may or may not know about, I truly don't know, but it has annoyed me countless times now due to the way I use your website.
    So I thought I'd drop a message, just in case, and hopefully it could get fixed!

The problem lies within Quick Reply, and only Quick Reply, it has never happened in Advanced reply in threads.
    I've often written longer posts in Quick Reply, and then I decide to change tab in my browser, for example to change music on youtube, check e-mail, facebook, whatever that distracts me, and when I return to the Mangahelpers.com tab, the Quick Reply is all empty. Poof gone, not a single letter left in it.
    I really got to scratch my head every time this happens, it doesn't always happen, but the text simply disappears from time to time.

It appears to happen randomly, as I can't force it to happen through a test doing the same again, checking other tabs.

It can be quite draining when you wrote a long post in Quick Reply, and you have to start all over again, and to be honest, it really shouldn't be happening.

I could just force my self to always write in Advanced Reply, but I imagine others might encounter this issue as well.
    I remember having the same issue at least 12 times over the last 2-3 years, on different computers, with different windows installs.
    However I did always use Firefox in those 2-3 years as my choice of browser, if it makes any difference. Current Firefox version I use is version 20.0.1.

Well it's not the biggest problem to me, but I thought I'd share, as you may or may not know about it, for all I know it could only be happening in Firefox, or something else that unique follows me. Albeit I've used different machines and OS's over the last 2-3 years.

Kindly regards,
    Quantized

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Reply - Memory bank bug

I use Firefox too but I've never had such a problem. You can use Lazarus: Form Recovery extension to recover text when the same problem occurs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Reply - Memory bank bug

Hey, Sorry for the late reply.

Looks like a really cool addon, thanks for the heads up

Just to put numbers into perspective though, as I'm a fairly advanced computer user, I know this is a bug, that's why I made this post to begin with.

Well I've probably written this way in at least 900~ posts, untill I finish up and wan't to preview the post, which I then use advanced mode to preview the post.
    I rarely did go advanced right away.
    In that time, I've experienced it, probably around 12 times if memory serves right when I switch tabs.

It might be rare, but it's still a bug, whether it's within firefox or MH I can't say at this point.

New Reply