Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
With the death of Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto and the badass Retsu Unohana (both from the strongest 1st Generation), I think it signaled the new generation and captaincy of the Gotei 13.
As we all know, Shunsui Kyoraku is the new Captain-Commander and 1st Division Captain with Nanao Ise and Genshiro Okikiba as his Lieutenants. I just thought, who will be the captains at the end of the war and what will be their solution to the bankai-stealing Vandenreich?
First question: Visored. They're Captain-levels now. Love Aikawa and Lisa Yadomaru for 8th Division, Hachigen Ushoda for the 4th Division. I also think Kuna will share her position with Hisagi and Sarugaki with Kurotsuchi as Lieutenants.
Second question: Simple answer: HOLLOWIFICATION! With this, I think it's the best way to defeat the VR. I know it's kinda not the policy of Soul Society but I think Kyoraku as CC will also signal policy reforms for the betterment of SS. So that's it. Even if I like Yamamoto, Unohana and the other Founding Captains to be Hollowified, it'd be also badass if Kyoraku, Feng, Kuchiki, Komamura, Hitsugaya, Zaraki, Kurotsuchi and Ukitake to be Hollowified.
Personally I think that a future Soul Society will come to accept not only controlled hollowfied Shinigami, but also good hearted Arrancars, Quincy and Fullbringers.
There is nothing that strictly says that Soul Society has to be made up of Shinigami, and a tons of Shinigami were just recently killed.
As for which captain who I wish to survive? We can't predict this, Kubo is insane when it comes to who dies or not, it's hard to judge! So here comes a whole lot of guessings based on the story so far...
Surviving Captains and ex. Captains with potentiel of returning
- Byakuya - There is no way he'll Die after that death scene, he's there to stay, I'm sure.
- Shinji - He's quite laid back, strong, funny, and seems like a fundamental important Captain.
- Ukitake - I think he survives because it was foreshadowed that he wanted to invite Ichigo and his frends to live in Soul Society, this would be a good time at the end of the manga.
- Hitsugaya - Too young to die in a story like this, he's been foreshadowed to have a grand future, even Shunsui claiming he'll surpass him in another 100 years, which brings me further to why I think Shunsui will die, being the CC but not the strongest, however I doubt Hitsugaya will replace him unless he makes serious growth in both mentality and powers, but who knows.
- Isshin - The guy has to restore the Shiba clan again, it was because of him (Likely), that it did fall, perhaps Aizen was behind it, either way, Isshin still has an important role, even at the end of the manga.
- Rose - One of those with so little character development that I can't even imagine him dying to begin with, it would be an empty death.
- Yoruichi - I think she'll return because Urahara will die, and Ichigo and his friends will go to live in to Soul Society.
- Zaraki - Is there any doubt that, that beast just can't die?
- Konumura - The guy is extremely weak among the captains, but he has some good stuff going for him, he has great Squad leadership and is a very honorable Shinigami, I don't think he'll die in a manga like this.
- Kensei - Somewhat he has always felt like Shinji's right hand man, despite that we never really saw this, but he just seems like one of those characters that won't die, no matter what.
- Love - Just like Rose, too unimportant to make an interesting death, and since so few in Bleach dies, it has to be interesting.
Dieing Captains and ex. Captains with the othervice potentiel of returning
- Urahara - He's too shady, if everything really most go after his mind in the end, then I see no reason to also allow him to succeed his last calculation, his last one will be his mistake, I'm sure he'll die of that result, evil or not. Don't get me wrong though, I freaking love Urahara's personality xD
- Shunsui - He's obviously skilled and intelligent, but lazy. The new responsibility makes up for him being lazy, but he seems to lack power to remain the CC despite his nasty shikai. He has the brain for CC though, so it remains to be seen, whether he dies or not, I'm 50/50 on Shunsui.
- Sui Feng - What? I can dream can't I? xD Nah, not gonna wish for her death, but seriously, she's an annoying character, and Yoruichi would fit nicely back in her old position.
- Unuhana - It has yet to be confirmed if she did indeed die, while her death was EXTREMELY UNSATISFYING, I no longer find it plausible that we'll see her return, despite that her death was to boring, and Zaraki got all the development, while she was left in the dust as a many years hyped character.
- Mayuri - I realize that I did put both Mayuri and Urahara on the death list, I find it to be 70% chances that one of them dies, and 30% chances that both will die, yet since one of them likely will die in my opinion, if not both, then both are are on the death list. Mayuri seem liike a really good candidate to die, considering his brutality towards other people, but even so, Urahara seems more likely to die in the end, and who will then be the new 12th Squad Captain, Akon? too weak?
Characters that almost made the death list
Love - Lets face it, not an important character.
Rose - He had more development then Love, still not enough.
Isshin - Chances are that he'll die to develop Ichigo as a character.
Ironicall many think Ukitake will die, but I think differently of him, he might be the only one who survives out of original guard at the end of the manga, even so, he might be too sick to contiue to function as a captain, thus leaving a spot open (Eventually).
This would leave 6 Captain spots free, with 4 ex captains in the human world who might return, 3 if you exclude Urahara who might die.
Then like the OP suggest, some of the Liuetenants might step op.
That's just what I think, lets hear yours ^_^
---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------
Orihime would make a quite nice fit for the 4th Squad if she ever should turn to live in Soul Society, but perhaps not strong enough to be a captain (Yet).
Who knows, if she did die, and became a shinigami, maybe she would be able to release much more reatsu and reach captain level?
Her personality might be in the way though, but perhaps similar to how Hitsugaya became a captain prematurely, perhaps she can as well, given her awesome healing powers.
Could be, but I think Soifon should be very effective against Vandenreich, even without her bankai. Her shikai should be more than enough, and she isn't the fastest Flash Step user in Gotei 13 for nothing. I think it was Plot-Induced Stupidity that she resorted to her bankai so soon. Or maybe Stern Ritter are really that powerful...Quote:
Not until he shows his bankai. After that, I don't care, although he is my favorite character in Bleach.Quote:
Please no. Ichigo isn't old enough to raise and feed his sisters on his own.Quote:
Characters I want to die: Omaeda and Tetsuzaemon, for being totally useless. I also think Ukitake will probably die.
I like your theory. But I don't think Urahara will die. We both agree that he's such one shady character, because I think he will redeem himself as a trustworthy Captain.
Now, with your opinion, I think if Shunsui dies, Ukitake will be on rage and be a badass like Zaraki. Hitsugaya has potential and I think he's a Captain-Commander 'candidate.'
So it seems if I quote too many times, things go wrong?
Anyway Hollow transformation is never gonna happen. It's beyond weird.
Last edited by Kay3795; April 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM.