Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What can Gotei 13 use against Vandenreich?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

What can Gotei 13 use against Vandenreich?

It's kinda surprising how Stern Ritters so easily curbstopmed Soul Society. I can understand slaughtering thousands of low-ranked Soul Reapers, but captains and lieutenants? This seems strange to me. Many of them should have skills and powers to kick enemies' @$$es. Let's discuss here what Gotei 13 members can do to win battles in the future.

Soifon. Her bankai has been stolen, but her shikai can still kill you in two hits. There are two ways to prevent that from happening: either be fast enough to avoid getting stung twice in the same spot, or shake off the Homonka with your reiatsu. You need to be Yoruichi to pull off the first thing, and Aizen for second. Unless Vandenreich are powerful enough to do either of the two, Soifon should be able to kill at least a few of them before she falls.

Kyoraku. His Kageoni power can easily catch an enemy off-guard.

Shinji Hirako. The same goes for his shikai's ability. If you can't tell where your enemy is coming at you from, you will get hurt and probably killed.

Kenpachi. Nuff said; his recent training with Unohana has made him even deadlier than before, and he had managed to kill three Stern Ritters.

Mayuri. He can't use his bankai without risking to have it stolen, but his shikai is just as poisonous. And you never know what kind of poison he will use next time, and its properties.

Rangiku. Her shikai is similar to Byakuya's, and his Senbonzakura did manage to cut As Nodt.

Yumichika. His true shikai can one-hit-kill released Arrancars, which is something. It might be effective against Quincies, too.

Well, that's how I see it. Do you have any other ideas, or can you offer any strategies against Vandenreich?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What can Gotei 13 use against Vandenreich?

Simple answer and like I said before: Hollowification! If the Vandenreich has Quincy and Arrancars, I think it might level the playing field if Gotei 13 will Hollowify themselves just for the sake of Soul Society. And I think if they do it, the VR cannot steal their Bankai anymore. I think so.

Whatcha think?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

If you think about it, the VR can't always steal every Bankai. The Shinigami can just break the bankai-stealing badge, or use Bankai off-screen in a subtle way, much like Kyoraku used Kage Oni against Stark. Not all Bankais have to be obvious like Hitsugaya or Komamura's.
    For example, good luck stealing Aizen's bankai since it's likely impossible to realize he's using it.
    Kyoraku could very well have a sinister bankai.

In fact, I'm going to bet his bankai will convince us he fits as the new captain-commander.

Also don't forget Bach said a Quincy cannot steal a bankai that is too powerful for them to handle. So not all Sternritters should be able to steal bankais.
    Like that guy that faced Renji (the big one with the wrestler mask) I doubt he could take a senior captain's bankai.
    Last edited by Notak; April 21, 2013 at 03:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollowfying the captains seems interesting, but I don't think it'll happen.
    The Vizards seemed kinda fail, but then tagain they went up against Aizen of all people, and also if Aizen's words were true, they're incomplete Vizards. But who knows, it may happen.

Either way, I think the solution lies in finding a counter to the bankai stealing mechanism, if only the captains can use their bankais, then it should level them equally, at least that's my impression.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A well rounded now probably much stronger byakuya will be kicking ass and taking names. Being able to mix up the basics such as shikai and kido along with his speed, its going to be good I think.
    Other then that, if we remove the bankais the entire captain crew is still extremely strong. Without the element of surprise the vr is going g to have a lot more problems. This leads me to believe that they have something else up their sleeve and possibly a insider in soul society. But that is the stuff that should be saved for another thread.
    Meh

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    It's kinda surprising how Stern Ritters so easily curbstopmed Soul Society. I can understand slaughtering thousands of low-ranked Soul Reapers, but captains and lieutenants? This seems strange to me. Many of them should have skills and powers to kick enemies' @$$es. Let's discuss here what Gotei 13 members can do to win battles in the future.

Soifon. Her bankai has been stolen, but her shikai can still kill you in two hits. There are two ways to prevent that from happening: either be fast enough to avoid getting stung twice in the same spot, or shake off the Homonka with your reiatsu. You need to be Yoruichi to pull off the first thing, and Aizen for second. Unless Vandenreich are powerful enough to do either of the two, Soifon should be able to kill at least a few of them before she falls.

Kyoraku. His Kageoni power can easily catch an enemy off-guard.

Shinji Hirako. The same goes for his shikai's ability. If you can't tell where your enemy is coming at you from, you will get hurt and probably killed.

Kenpachi. Nuff said; his recent training with Unohana has made him even deadlier than before, and he had managed to kill three Stern Ritters.

Mayuri. He can't use his bankai without risking to have it stolen, but his shikai is just as poisonous. And you never know what kind of poison he will use next time, and its properties.

Rangiku. Her shikai is similar to Byakuya's, and his Senbonzakura did manage to cut As Nodt.

Yumichika. His true shikai can one-hit-kill released Arrancars, which is something. It might be effective against Quincies, too.

Well, that's how I see it. Do you have any other ideas, or can you offer any strategies against Vandenreich?
    Well, they didn't do so easily so to speak. The only important casualty of the war was yamamoto and overall most of the captains survived their fights with minor injuries (except byakuya and kenpachi).

Quincy can be fast and for the most part and blutz vene could be a perfect defense against soifon. For her shikai to work she needs to actually cut the enemy, not just touch them and her shikai does not have much firepower to speak off. Her only shot would be to land two hits on the same spot precisely when vene is not activated.

Kyoraku had his eye taken from him by the enemy's volstandig.... We also have to question how effective his games would be against vene. Its one thing to do it to starrk or aizen when they are not looking at him and it is an entirely different one to do it to an enemy focusing solely on him.

Mayuri does not have much firepower to speak off and his physical capacities are questionable in comparison to other captains.

I don't think rangiku could ever hold her ground against a stern rittern. Not a single one of the ones we have seen seems to be at VC level, they all seem well above. Yumichika is in the same boat. His shikai should be useless once volstandig comes into play, he could absorb powerbut the form would replenish it in an instant.

New Reply