Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the new estimated bounties of the Strawhats after 2 years?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think is the new estimated bounties of the Strawhats after 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Actually BB simply wanted the title.
    If BB rejected the Shichibukai title, then he would have been given a bounty immediately.
    There are some people who simply don't want to join the Shichibukai. Like Ace for example.
    Actually, he wanted the title because of the benefits it offered him. if I recall, it was to free the level 6 prisoners and have them join his crew because after Impel Down, he resigned from his position.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    That's not always the case. It's true that bounties don't always reflect your exact power, but that doesn't mean it doesn't indicate how strong a person is at all. They most of the time indicate a person's strength, otherwise, people won't be scared by someone's huge bounty. Aokiji also stated that bounties reflect an individual's combat ability as well as their threat to the government.
    I agree, but the threat to government can also scare people. Many see government as a good guy, so if a pirate has high bounty, they'll consider that pirate as strong and dangerous to the government and people.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think is the new estimated bounties of the Strawhats after 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Actually, he wanted the title because of the benefits it offered him. if I recall, it was to free the level 6 prisoners and have them join his crew because after Impel Down, he resigned from his position.
    Yeah I know that, I didn't go into detail but all this could only be done by attaining the title. I didn't say why he wanted the title but in short he took out Ace for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    True that. For Yonkou and such, bounties are redundant, since it'd take close to the entire Marine+WG force to take one out.
    Not at all.
    There were no WG Agents besides the Marines in the war. No Cipher Pol or Police.
    Also, Issho, Maynard, Bogart and other seemingly strong officers were not present in the war.
    It can only be assumed there are several other strong Marines out there in lands that the Straw Hats haven't ventured to.
    The world of One Piece is massive.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see. In any case, I'm shocked Luffy's bounty hasn't increased, but with his reemergence it should increase significantly. The Marine and World Government consider Luffy to be one of the most dangerous individual and as the son of Dragon and brother of Ace, so his bounty should be at least 600 million to show his notoriety, danger, and power. If I recall, it's currently at 400 million? From what the characters have said during the war after Luffy crashed the party, Luffy should have one of the highest bounty.

I can see the other Strawhats' bounties staying the same or increasing a bit, but I'm kind of shocked that Luffy's increased just a bit when he's considered dangerous and is marked for death.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I still say 550mil and no higher for Luffy. Depending on whether or not the Marines are given a good chance to evaluate his strength.
    I suppose with Admiral Issho here now, he will be able to report how beastly Luffy is accurately.
    I'm assuming the WG no longer wanna here Smoker's endless reports on Luffy by now lol.

I expect Zoro amongst the rest of the crew to have a bounty with a big rise. I'm looking for 300mil from him at least.
    I mean... He was a Supernova on Sabaody dammit.
    His bounty should stay above Uruouge's and in the same bracket as the other Supernova's like it did.
    The Marines also know full well now that Zoro is the First Mate anyway.
    He is like the Rayleigh of the SH's. (Cut through eye and everything, also my reason for believe Zoro's eye will some day open).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think that 600 mil makes sense. He got 400 mil while having basically negligible strength... over the timeskip luffy is still the same guy who commited all those crimes and on top of that the sheer amount of strength he has right now is immensely superior to what he used to be. I would think that his extra strength is worth an extra 200 mil nowadays. Ace was 550 mil and he was not even captain and this din xinjao seemed to be well above the 500 mil mark.... While it is perhaps true that moving past the 300 mil number is tough (according to jinbe), luffy right now is going to move among pirates who are all exceptional at large. We should see plenty of men worth well over 400 or 500 mil in the future.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I still think that 600 mil makes sense. He got 400 mil while having basically negligible strength... over the timeskip luffy is still the same guy who commited all those crimes and on top of that the sheer amount of strength he has right now is immensely superior to what he used to be. I would think that his extra strength is worth an extra 200 mil nowadays. Ace was 550 mil and he was not even captain and this din xinjao seemed to be well above the 500 mil mark.... While it is perhaps true that moving past the 300 mil number is tough (according to jinbe), luffy right now is going to move among pirates who are all exceptional at large. We should see plenty of men worth well over 400 or 500 mil in the future.
    I have to say, the man makes a fair point.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if Zoro will get as much of a bounty increase, considering he's done nothing of value after the attack on the Celestial Dragons. even then, that was all Luffy for starting it with a punch. I'd definitely love to see Zoro get an increase though, but he's my favorite Strawhat.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace was 550 mil and he was not even captain and this din xinjao seemed to be well above the 500 mil mark.... While it is perhaps true that moving past the 300 mil number is tough (according to jinbe), luffy right now is going to move among pirates who are all exceptional at large. We should see plenty of men worth well over 400 or 500 mil in the future.
    According to Jinbei would be pretty much Oda voicing the situation of the storyline. Its not like Jinbei is some random useless character.
    Also, Ace not being captain is irrelevant since his Captain was a Yonkou. Luffy is far from being a Yonkou.

Luffy getting 600mil only makes sense to me if, Ace had 550 prior to the WG knowing his dad was Gol D Roger.
    Since Luffy got his 400mil after the knowledge of him being Dragon's son.
    You just have to look at other characters and understand.
    Do you expect Law's strength to be 600mil? Since I doubt there is a tier difference between Law and Luffy in combat.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; May 15, 2013 at 02:33 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace was 550 mil and he was not even captain and this din xinjao seemed to be well above the 500 mil mark.... While it is perhaps true that moving past the 300 mil number is tough (according to jinbe), luffy right now is going to move among pirates who are all exceptional at large. We should see plenty of men worth well over 400 or 500 mil in the future.
    Chinjao seems monstrously powerful already, and he's nothing compared to his prime when he obtained a bounty of over 500 million. With such a bounty, Chinjao is almost a living legend. That's just how insane a bounty of over 500 million is.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Jinbei would be pretty much Oda voicing the situation of the storyline. Its not like Jinbei is some random useless character.
    Also, Ace not being captain is irrelevant since his Captain was a Yonkou. Luffy is far from being a Yonkou.

Luffy getting 600mil only makes sense to me if, Ace had 550 prior to the WG knowing his dad was Gol D Roger.
    Since Luffy got his 400mil after the knowledge of him being Dragon's son.
    You just have to look at other characters and understand.
    Do you expect Law's strength to be 600mil? Since I doubt there is a tier difference between Law and Luffy in combat.
    My expectation would be for the government to perceive luffy as more dangerous than law. Law got his bounty while rampaging in the new world, luffy got his before having any strength to speak of. I would think that quitting the shichibukai and messing with the yonko would indeed earn him a 500 mil bounty at least.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the bounty of Luffy and the Marine's reaction to Luffy being Dragon's son, it makes me wonder how much bounty Dragon has on his head, especially being known as the world's most dangerous criminal. Though, despite all Luffy's done to date, he only has 400 million belis on his head, but considering people's reaction towards Dragon... Dragon should be somewhere near 800 million.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that people like dragon or the yonko should be at around the 1000 mil mark. Considering that dragon is actually on war with the government (unlike pirates for the most part) and the fact that quite a few people with a lot of power follow him all over the world I would think such a number makes sense overall. Marco, vista and jozu should be worth more than ace and ace was already worth 550 mil, the 1 bill or so mark makes sense for such insane characters.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is strong but he isn't at a level where he could dispatch of an Admiral really though is he?
    So whilst Ace was 550mil and could fight really well against Aokiji, Luffy will probably be the same.
    I still think Luffy will need to kick up a storm and get the WG's attention an additional time, and it'll probably be in this arc at that, for him to get that 600mil on his head.

Everything up to now isn't worth 600mil.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ace had an element which could counter aokiji's own so I doubt his lone confrontation implies he could fight on par with aokiji. On the other hand akainu is roughly of aokiji's strength and ace could not even hold him back. I would argue ace was still inferior (if not notably inferior) to marco and jozu overall and even they seemed to be just beneath the actual admirals (although there were a lot of other things going on to tell if they were really weaker or equal with precision). IMO luffy now is of roughly the same strength ace had in the past at least. Considering his training it wouldn't be weird if luffy is superior to ace at least haki wise if not as a whole. Luffy is not just about the same age as ace was before he died except that he spent time solely training with one of the strongest individuals in the world. Luffy did exchange punches rather evenly with jinbe recently and ace did do the same years ago.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is strong but he isn't at a level where he could dispatch of an Admiral really though is he?
    So whilst Ace was 550mil and could fight really well against Aokiji, Luffy will probably be the same.
    I still think Luffy will need to kick up a storm and get the WG's attention an additional time, and it'll probably be in this arc at that, for him to get that 600mil on his head.

Everything up to now isn't worth 600mil.
    I dunno, he might be able to fight evenly with an admiral or at least, challenge them quite a bit whereas he would have been a fodder. His ability to use haki helps him out here, as well as his will. I could see Luffy getting more, especially since bounties aren't just baesd on strength.

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast