Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 29-30 ~ "Memes" Coloring/Drawing
This fortnight's art contest category is Coloring/Drawing with the theme set as Memes. This theme was suggested by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE and was picked to let you guys laugh and have fun with a graphic contest! Let's show how creative and unique we can be when creating gag drawings. For this contest, you'll have to create a meme, and let's remember that memes are concepts that rapidly spread around the internet. Usually they are simple, funny and versatile, and that helps the idea to be diffused!
Category: Coloring/Drawing (Fanart)
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Use MangaHelpers' Image Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know.
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it here.
- No excessive, suggestive, spoiler, or porn-related drawings in the contest.
- No plagiarizing is allowed.
- Submission is open until May 5, 2013 at 21:00 (-3 GMT)
Uploading and Submitting Entries:
- Go HERE.
- Click the browse button near the upload area option.
- After upload is completed, you'll be redirected to your uploaded image.
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the gallery page and choose "Click here to show" next to "share-picture".
- Copy the BB codes listed there and post that code in this thread using the proper post format.
ExampleCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name" (Large size thumbnail - upload image to image gallery.) "Comments" "Credits"
Female - Sayuri by Leen Stock / Credits: from Planetrenders.net
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over, that is May 5, 2013 (-3 GMT).
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done 7 days after the voting period is over.
Good luck, everyone! Have fun :P
Last edited by TheBoss; May 03, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
"Memes" - "That's For Shore" by "FaustXIII"
The guy in the picture is my high school classmate. Way back in high school in our School Journalism Press Conference we are required to join the Cheering Competition. The guy here is responsible for our cheer introduction, he said SHORE rather than SURE for his line: "That's For Sure" so it became "That's For Shore"
Credits: My High School Classmate
Meme - "Love" by naruto-niichan
Comment: Phew it turned out so utterly bad but I wanted to edit the picture somehow This meme is for when someone says your cliche "Love is beautiful/pure" phrase or something of the like. So at the top you always write "Love?" and at the bottom something perverse (like "I love fat asses")
Credits: Hunter x Hunter anime