Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 462

Thread: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

  1. #226
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    From time to time, it would be good actually, who didn't like that scene when Luffy pwned Bellamy ? I dare any OP fan to say that scene was boring
    I get what you mean but we already had a KO and even though he's old that guy was someone in the past so it would be disrespectful for him to go down that easily IMO

  2. #227
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I just meant that Oda always introduce these tough old dudes and then have them defeated. And this defeat is always followed by " He was old, that's why he lost." So the defeat didn't do anything to the old dude, and the victory of the new generation isn't acknowledged.
    Oda also introduces those tough bad guys that he then has defeated for them being the bad guys. Like Crocodile, Enel, Lucci.

    What's your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I get what you mean but we already had a KO and even though he's old that guy was someone in the past so it would be disrespectful for him to go down that easily IMO
    Oda does show those OHKOs with the remarkable impact left on the KOed characters almost as rare as an important character dying. It's enough, people should deal with it already.

  3. #228
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Oda also introduces those tough bad guys that he then has defeated for them being the bad guys. Like Crocodile, Enel, Lucci.

    What's your point?
    How does that have anything with what I said ? Crocodile and Enel were defeated by a combination of luck and several helps. Not because they are just bad guys. Lucci wasn't meant to be superior to Luffy.

    What I'm talking about is an OP dude getting defeated by some nobody just because he's old.

  4. #229
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GastricJuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    South Africa
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    I myself am very keen to see how Luffy measures up to a notable figure in the OP universe(As chinjao has so firmly been thrust) to have sparred against The Fist. He has always been portrayed as David in any such encounter. It would be refreshing to see how close he has come to Goliath.

    Old age is just a loss of vitality, and as we have seen in OP, experience of vastly more important than anything else. So should it come to it, the former being the decider, Luffy will no doubt win.

    Bartrollomeo has no place in me, the thought just dawned, no doubt it has been mentioned, The Blackbeard Pirates are collecting sought after fruits maybe he just may end up as one of their targets supposing he is indeed a fruit user. Along this thread the thought of him winning may be amused. Or maybe i just absolutely hate characters like that :P

    Cavendish's reaction was expected I see him playing the role of OP's team rocket in the near future. They haven't caught pikachu and he sure as hell won't get luffy. lol!

  5. #230
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Israel
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    How ironic would it be if Luffy beat Chinjao whith Gomu-Gomu no Kane(headbutt)?

    Although Chinjao is vengeful he doesn' strike me as an underhanded man yet so if Luffy beats him easily enough it could signal to anyone here that he is potentially more powerful than a 500M bounty pirate and that kind of sum cannot be obtained very easily, I also predict this will be the first use of Luffy's both DF and Haki in the tournament and after that everyone will know he's Luffy and he wins in block C yet I can't tell if block D will resume as planned or everyone will gang on Luffy and try to kill him with Zoro entering after chasing the fairy and losing him or something brings Sanji to the fray.

  6. #231
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    How does that have anything with what I said ? Crocodile and Enel were defeated by a combination of luck and several helps. Not because they are just bad guys. Lucci wasn't meant to be superior to Luffy.

    What I'm talking about is an OP dude getting defeated by some nobody just because he's old.
    And when did that ever happen in One Piece? Whitebeard was defeated after a long battle against three Admirals, not just because he was old. Whenever Garp was pushed over, he let his opponent do so because he restrained himself, not just because he was old. Rayleigh was never shown to be defeated, was he? Roswald was smashed by Usopp because Roswald was utterly weak. Chinjao hasn't been defeated by neither Luffy nor Cavendish.

    So again: What's your point? Or: What manga have you been reading?

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #232
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    And when did that ever happen in One Piece? Whitebeard was defeated after a long battle against three Admirals, not just because he was old. Whenever Garp was pushed over, he let his opponent do so because he restrained himself, not just because he was old. Rayleigh was never shown to be defeated, was he? Roswald was smashed by Usopp because Roswald was utterly weak. Chinjao hasn't been defeated by neither Luffy nor Cavendish.

    So again: What's your point? Or: What manga have you been reading?
    Doesn't matter how long it was. It's factual that after nearly every hit, there was always a comment about him being old and sick which is why he got hit at all. Rayleigh didn't lose, but got pushed back. Why ? Because he was too old. Chinjao has yet to do something and there's already a statement about how old and weak he's become.

  9. #233
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GastricJuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    South Africa
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Doesn't matter how long it was. It's factual that after nearly every hit, there was always a comment about him being old and sick which is why he got hit at all. Rayleigh didn't lose, but got pushed back. Why ? Because he was too old. Chinjao has yet to do something and there's already a statement about how old and weak he's become.
    Well old people... are old my friend. Believe it or not the bones start creaking, the muscles get flabby, intuition revolves around grandsons moving thing from where they put them, they get that old people smell, it can't be helped. But don't be misguided into thinking that they are push overs, a win against one of them equating to nothing. They are bestowed their titles for good reason.

  10. #234
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Doesn't matter how long it was. It's factual that after nearly every hit, there was always a comment about him being old and sick which is why he got hit at all. Rayleigh didn't lose, but got pushed back. Why ? Because he was too old. Chinjao has yet to do something and there's already a statement about how old and weak he's become.
    That's complete bullcrap. Being beyond one's prime is very far from being weak. Chinjao took much more than a Pacifista already, so he is not weak no matter how old he is. Whitebeard died standing after someone pushed a giant sword through his chest, and Akainu burnt half of his head - that's totally NO sign of being weak because of his age. Rayleigh didn't get pushed back in Sabaody. You entirely misread those parts.

    Enough of this off-topic.

  11. #235
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Doesn't matter how long it was. It's factual that after nearly every hit, there was always a comment about him being old and sick which is why he got hit at all. Rayleigh didn't lose, but got pushed back. Why ? Because he was too old. Chinjao has yet to do something and there's already a statement about how old and weak he's become.
    I don't even know what you want to achieve. If you get older, you become weaker. That's not something Oda invented, it's a law of nature.

  12. #236
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    That's complete bullcrap. Being beyond one's prime is very far from being weak. Chinjao took much more than a Pacifista already, so he is not weak no matter how old he is. Whitebeard died standing after someone pushed a giant sword through his chest, and Akainu burnt half of his head - that's totally NO sign of being weak because of his age. Rayleigh didn't get pushed back in Sabaody. You entirely misread those parts.

    Enough of this off-topic.
    You don't seem to understand my point at all, nor did any of those who replied to me. It's not bullcrap just because you didn't get it. When did I say that WB and Rayleigh were weak ? I'm saying that if they were in their prime, this wouldn't have happened. I'm saying it's always old men losing because of age. WB no matter what he did, in the end he lost because of him being old. I didn't misread Rayleigh's own words.

    The point is, always having OP old dudes losing to some nobodies with the excuse of age, is a bad thing about Oda's writing.

  13. #237
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The point is, always having OP old dudes losing to some nobodies with the excuse of age, is a bad thing about Oda's writing.
    Oda just uses as McNuss correctly said what nature gives. And that's the part you're misreading One Piece and Oda's writing. He's accepting a law of nature for his story, there's no excuse by citing that. That's all. No one lives forever. No one can grow strong endlessly. Oda doesn't create real and undefeatable gods nor declares characters to be real and undefeatable gods.

    It's not like we don't understand you. Your statement just doesn't make much sense.

  14. #238
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    How does luck factor into a book? Luffy beat

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Doesn't matter how long it was. It's factual that after nearly every hit, there was always a comment about him being old and sick which is why he got hit at all. Rayleigh didn't lose, but got pushed back. Why ? Because he was too old. Chinjao has yet to do something and there's already a statement about how old and weak he's become.
    When did Rayleigh get pushed back, and when was it mentioned he was sick? I don't recall either happening. Could you please provide links? As I recall, Rayleigh fought a Marine Admiral to stand still, using nothing but a haki infused sword to parry a logia ability. He did not once get pushed back, the fight itself was only in the background. Whitebeard was old, yet the World Government needed a war to defeat him, and even then they barely managed.

    When those onlookers said that Chinjao formerly had a 500million beri bounty (along with Ace now the highest known in the One Piece world), the audience was meant to read in between the lines. He will be very strong, even if he has lost a step, probably the strongest in Luffy's block. He will lose, because he has to fight the main character, but he will give Luffy a ton of trouble. Not much else to it, as far as I can tell. Chinjao will be a tough one to beat, but not the toughest even in the tournament. He's still a first round opponent.

    A part of me still thinks Bartolomeo is Kaido. If Luffy, Burgess, and that Vice Admiral could all enter with secret identities, why not Kaido too? He fits the description, not exactly human looking, and he's strong, with more evidence of that coming this week. So why not? I know it's probably crack, but that would be a great way to introduce him.

  15. #239
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    They said he had been worthy of over 500 million, though he is weak now. I wonder whether bounties can decrease, kizaru told Rayleigh that pirates' sins never disappear,but maybe the WG want to save such an amount of money,and decreased his bounty

  16. #240
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

    They did not say "he is weak now". He said "I don't know how much he has weakened since then. His skills have declined since his prime, but it is unknown how much. Nobody ever said he was weak. None of the translations imply that he is now weak.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 08, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts