Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vizard5's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 708 Spoiler Discussion

I have to agree. If luffy has a hard time in the preliminaries he will have a hard time moving forwards. Not only in the competition but also in the new world in general. Chinjao is an old man now. He might have been strong in his youth, but if he can give Luffy real trouble now I will be dissapointed. Luffy should at least be in Burgess's level, if not higher.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I said monday/ tuesday itll be out and it was marked as spam lol its very simple guys... just look at the dates from the previous years!

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Luffy finally gonna fight a strong (?) sword user?
    Also, just because Chinjao fought Garp in the past, doesnt mean he's as strong as Garp.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Personally it seems to me as if Cavendish went at Chinjao cause he wants Luffy for himself.
    yep. no way was he going to let chinjao get the best of luffy.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vizard5 View Post
    I have to agree. If luffy has a hard time in the preliminaries he will have a hard time moving forwards. Not only in the competition but also in the new world in general. Chinjao is an old man now. He might have been strong in his youth, but if he can give Luffy real trouble now I will be dissapointed. Luffy should at least be in Burgess's level, if not higher.
    lol , luffy SHOULD be above burgess' level. i will be disappointed if they're even

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

There is noo way one should think that Luffy should be on J. Level
    His training was only undertaken so h can sustain himself in the new world not defeat strong opponents in a flash. I personally think this match is perfect as a statemetnt of luffy's will if he can blow away chinjao away with king haki
    Nevertheless I think it is important to note that dd may not be defeated by law or luffy iin this arc he seems to important to be defeated here. I think this arc will serve as a remainder to the SH of how important firneds are and eho to choose as your allies. I think cavendish will take a likely to the style of the worst generation when dressrosa is in turmoil therefore his anger towards them will change.

For those who feel disappointed in luffy if he can't matach JB then you are missing the importance of the SH's slow journey

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eeh, i think it depends on Chinjao's ability. Luffy's gotten his ass handed to him plenty of times, but he has always been able to come back and win round 2 or 3. I still doubt Chinjao would be able to even match him right now, but it would be very surprising and very disappointing if that becomes the case. On that note, I don't know what to think in regards to Luffy vs. Burgess. On one hand, I expect him to at least match Burgess, but on the other, that can't possibly be true given all of the hype New World's supposed strength has received. That, and I think it's too early to have Luffy/SH go head to head with Blackbeard and his crew.

Also, back on Punk Hazard, Luffy made a point about believing and depending on his crew more since they've had two years to train (it was mentioned in this weeks episode). Somehow, that statement makes me think that Oda is foreshadowing that the SH will get their asses handed to them sometime soon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Old men should be weak and no problem for post-timeskip Luffy?

True not everyone is a power house like Whitebeard, but still Chinjao fought against Garp some unknown time ago. Though he was nearly killed back then doesn't mean that Chinjao is now weak.

BTW, Luffy said he was also nearly killed by Garp somewhere, didn't he? At the time when they met in Water 7 iirc...

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    I said monday/ tuesday itll be out and it was marked as spam lol its very simple guys... just look at the dates from the previous years!
    OP moderators allow to digress from topic a bit and develop discussions to some background discussion - but discussing Jump release dates over pages is just far too off-topic in the other chapter thread. Therefore the whole discussion was spam, not your post alone. /End

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

On NF is another Raw, according to Google Trans Bart somehow has an Ability of eating.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

As we have seen, Oda tell us that character power is a blend of Inner Strenght (IS) and Outer Strenght (OS).
    For instance, Rokushiki (or rather 'Shichishiki') are OS-based skills; Haki, IS-based. The same to the characters.

So Chinjao could be an OS-grounded character (like CP agents), whereas Luffy is an IS-, OS-grounded one. Luffy is growing, Chinjao, aging. So, IMO, Luffy has the upper hand over Chinjao in whatever way.

BTW, Usopp gives us a good instance of Oda's Power rationale. Usopp has a lot of OS (my beat-to-death champion), but his power shrinks a lot because he has no IS, for now. Here the reason why his journey goal is to become the bravest man (or a braver man). So I think a character needs a balance between IS and OS to delivery his potential power in the OPverse. Luffy and Zoro are the best illustration of that. For obvious reasons, Sanji isn't so.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    Sigh, the spoilers hyped Chinjao so much in my eyes. Same goes for Gaydish Cavendish, I thought he would get severely beaten lately by Luffy to be given a taste of the so called "Worst Generation", guess it won't happen? He seems to have some nice sword in his sheath.

but if Luffy would have a problem with Chinjao or anyone from C block, what would he do against him? He'd die..
    Whoa, whoah, you are insinuating that being gay is something bad, please don't do so anymore.-_- Since it's not edited out, you clearly wanted to insult him with that.

It seems like Cavendish wants to fights in the arena, so him, Chinjao and Luffy getting a bigger fight there is still very possible. Some of those New World pirates have got to be strong, if not now when they are having a big gathering of pirates, when should Oda show that it's no walk in the park to become Pirate King.

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Yeah, after it's been mentioned the very same day the last chapter been released that the next chapter will very likely be released around tuesday, and it's been discussed several times the following week, your comment was totally off-topic, as well as the others, which have all been deleted. Mods/Admins didn't post this for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Lets keep it easy with this off topic I know we have a long break but still I think we have plenty of threads with about anything . Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Administrator message by: kaiten
    One Piece scanlations were on break last Wednesday. They will return to normal schedule this coming week. There is no way of knowing if chapter 708 scanlations will be released before Wednesday, May 8. This thread is for chapter 707 discussion and 708 predictions only. Discussion of the holiday break, and resumption of serialization, will be deleted as spam.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 06, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A flesh eating cannibal, nothing to be angry about Imo.

Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Barts ability is Flesh Eating.
    Holy mother of Batman, I sense a skull joke. Brook's going to be Bartholomeo's nemesis!

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 12 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Holy mother of Batman, I sense a skull joke. Brook's going to be Bartholomeo's nemesis!
    I think you may be right! lol but how will oda bring brook to the picture?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

LOl good one hoeru. brook seems to be the perfect match against barto. without anything haki related that is ...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

how come kids alliance aint at this party?

New Reply
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast