Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 708 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    how come kids alliance aint at this party?
    Maybe they are? They could already be on their move to take on a Yonkou themself too.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Trikz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone is underestimating luffy saying hes probably at burgess's level and that hes not ready to fight doflamingo. I think we havnt even seen half of what luffy is capable of after the time skip bcus for one all the opponents hes fought so far were weaker than him so he hasnt had to go all out yet. Im not saying hes is just going to blow through everyone one or somthing but i think hes in a league of his own in that tournament. I think he his currently the most powerful out of all the the 11 supernovas including law and kidd. people think just because you enter the new world you become super strong which isnt the case. Everyone seems to for get luffy took 2 years out and was personally trained by silver rayleigh has already conquered the new world with the pirate king. luffy would have survived if he entered the new world 2 years earlier with the other supernovas bcus he was already one of the strongest which his bounty at the time proved which was second only to kidd's. One of the reason for luffy's training was bcus after the incident at marinefold and impel down the marine admirals want luffy dead and he at the time he dint have the power to stand up to them which was what the training was about. so right now i dont even think an amdmiral will be able to take down luffy easily (not that he would necessarily beat an admiral). Also about doflamingo, I think he is probably one of the most powerful shichibukai and cant be underestimated, but no one seems to realize that luffy isnt even interested him, he is just a means for luffy to get to kaido so to say luffy isnt even ready to fight him is abit surprising.

3. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of it: The one Eustass lost his arm to probably is Bartholomeo?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PLfighter's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    High unlikely
    It better chance
    that was younku or one of his comander
    Barto is not that strong

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Bartholomeo the cannibal and not flesh eating, iits google translation, its not that reliable, also its called cannibal because in Japan when someone make people hate him and repel him, they use the word cannibal, and thats why he is called Bartholomeo the cannibal, so forget about this stupid idea of flesh eating. Also I dont thin there is a DF that works this way, anyone can eat flesh if he wants too.

I got this explanation from a Japanese friend

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan wasn't really that strong either and he sill pwned Blackbeard pirates singlehandedly in a few seconds. Devil fruits can be tricky.
    Don't really think Barto took out Kid's arm, but it's not like it's impossible.

I don't think Kid's alliance is interested in this tournament, especially since they are waging war against Big Mom at the moment. It would be too much if every significant character appeared on Dressrosa. Oda has to leave some guys for later.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PLfighter View Post
    Barto is not that strong
    It's not like you have any kind of panel to gauge his strength, none at all besides that spoiler and his title.

Personally I don't think Barto was responsible for the loss too, firstly he is a new rookie pirate, secondly I don't see why Kidd or Killer would let him get away and thirdly his bounty should have been higher Imo, if he really was capable of wounding the ... highest[?] prized supernova.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amizou View Post
    Bartholomeo the cannibal and not flesh eating, iits google translation, its not that reliable, also its called cannibal because in Japan when someone make people hate him and repel him, they use the word cannibal, and thats why he is called Bartholomeo the cannibal, so forget about this stupid idea of flesh eating. Also I dont thin there is a DF that works this way, anyone can eat flesh if he wants too.
    Ever heard of corrosion? Shu from marines had the ability which allowed him to corrode metal. Why couldn't there be an ability which has a similar effect on organic matter (even Shu was able to "rust" Zoro's hand). Hence, corrosion. Still qualifies as flesh eating, even though nobody actually eats the flesh.
    Still, it would be best to wait for some more info.
    Last edited by Razh; May 06, 2013 at 05:53 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt saw any spoilers from Aohige or Redon on AP Forums yet so its safe to bet that we wont get chapter today but tomorrow.

When it comes to spoilers that we already have- shame that we didnt saw any of strawhats, good in a way that all of their plot lines are probably advancing a little with every chapter that we dont see them and we should get back to them in interesting moments. Perfect timing will be end of next chapter, I sure do hope that Oda will end block B fight till then.. Or we will get another cliffhanger with Ricky taking off his mask before facing Bartolomeo/Bellamy. This arc was really amazing before Oda went into details with all people in Corrida Colliseum.. There is more build up for each character than what we see from them imo(beside Bartolomeo).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PLfighter's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe but Kid have long range atack and I can imagine how can Barto do that
    And if that true and Burto with some trick take Kidd arm why he have so low bounty?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    (even Shu was able to "rust" Zoro's hand)
    That was anime-only, so not canon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    So u are saying that Bartolomeo got Kid's arm but Kid didnt make any scares on Bartolomeo? i find that hard to believe. Unless Bartolomeo drugged(made him sleep) Kid and while he's sleeping Kid is anaesthetic then Bartolomeo ate kid's arm. my point is that Kid is strong and Bartolomeo must got scarse somewhere on his body but they should be good damn scares.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PLfighter View Post
    Maybe but Kid have long range atack and I can imagine how can Barto do that
    And if that true and Burto with some trick take Kidd arm why he have so low bounty?

Blackbeard gave that scar to shanks. He defeated ACE, with no bounty at all (or at least he was a no name). I think it was Aokiji who stated that the Bounty isn't necessary equal to power, it resembles how much you are a threat to the WG. One Piece fights aren't like "i am stronger so you have no chance of winning". Luffy proved that many times (against Enel, who was a haki user ("mantra"), by example), it was proven when Luffy (with a 100 Million Bounty) nearly lost to Foxy (he used dirty tricks but everybody else can use them too - except for Luffy, i guess ^^)

I have no idea if Barto did that to kid or not, but it would be possibly. As for his strength, i know nothing at all (cause i haven't seen him going all out till now). He defeated a vice admiral unscrathed, but i don't know the levl of this vice (was he as strong as smoker? I doubt that but i have no proof at all). Again, Luffy proved that the bounty could lead to underestimating your oppent (Cp9, by example: they didn't thought that Luffy would be a threat. Lucci even thought that Blueno could defeat him easily).

I would still hope that Barto is one of the escaped levl6 prisoners or that one of them makes an appearance during this arc.
    Last edited by Wha; May 06, 2013 at 07:32 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member misterchaos's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

A missing arm doesnt mean it got eaten, as much as a fantasy a manga is, an arm cannot go back into place (i think not xD)...To me Kidd got to cocky and went right for a Yonkou and got his left? arm cut...
    And One piece isnt the kind of manga that shows acts of cannibalism andacts as that (bite an arm of ok, but a explicit scene of eating one, no..) ...

I wish we went to other scenes of the other strawhats...
    Last edited by misterchaos; May 06, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Magellan wasn't really that strong either and he sill pwned Blackbeard pirates singlehandedly in a few seconds. Devil fruits can be tricky.
    Don't really think Barto took out Kid's arm, but it's not like it's impossible.

I don't think Kid's alliance is interested in this tournament, especially since they are waging war against Big Mom at the moment. It would be too much if every significant character appeared on Dressrosa. Oda has to leave some guys for later.
    what??? Magellan was not that strong? man, he was as strong as akainu! they defeated the same opponents,more or less. Magellan owned one after the other Luffy,ivankov,inazuma, blackbeard and his men ecc. not to mention all the prisoners he has stomped there and the fact that jinbe and crocodile feared him a lot (crocodile even said they would have lost if they had faced him).
    btw,I think kidd's arm was taken by either vista or Squardo.

New Reply
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast