Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by maravish View Post
    Garp v Chinjau, I'm guessing what happened was Chinjau went for a headbutt and Garp punched him and cracked his head open; and he laughed and laughed and laughed
    Besides he does touch his head and the "hole" in it when he spoke about "his wound". Well I think Luffy may do the same : Don Chijao statring Head-stomping, and Luffy giving him a verrrrrry strong counter punch with CoC. We will see.
    But anymore, Oda's intorduce slightly a new story :

Sai-Boo-Don are not planning to get the fruit but do something else. We will discover it but I'm being interested, what could it be !!??

I think the last fight will be Barto/Bellamy/ricky (I've got the feeling that Ricky is VERY strong : he seems to fight relaxed !!
    Well I also hope that Elizabello's punch will push Barto out of the combat ground !! (even if Barto is a nice one )

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy used Gear Second on his attack but not haki an also he didnt use his devil fruit, it was justa normal punch with gear second, so it can be stronger if he used his df and again stronger with haki, and it did hurt Chinjau, it just show how strong luffy is, i personnaly think if he used Bullet it will KO Chinjau, of course using Gear and Haki.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    I disagree with a lot of the posts that have been made. Just because Whitebeard, Rayleigh and Headbutt-Guy are old doesn't mean they are less effective than when in their prime. If you make these characters younger, you sacrifice all of the skills and experience they have obtained throughout the years. Of course they aren't as strong physically, but their haki and talents are completely polished. A young Whitebeard would probably die horribly against the admirals in all actuality.

Look at Lebron James. His athletic ability has diminished greatly, but overall he is miles ahead of what he used to be. If he had to go against his younger, quicker self, he would slaughter him. When characters say things like, "if they were in their prime", they are speaking in a sense of the knowledge they have now. If they had a magic potion to make themselves younger, then they would be unstoppable.

I'm really starting to like Cabbage. I can really see him as an ally to Luffy in future arcs.
    Garp's supposed to be the strongest Marine. If Whitebeard held off the Admirals when he was 72, pretty sure he'd kill them when he was younger.

You say Lebron now would slaughter his younger self. I stopped following basketball but ok, look at Jordan. When he returned to the Wizards, was he the same when he was with the bulls? Yeah experience plays a big role, but if your physical can't keep up with the mental, you'll still lose

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    And then make the new generation look like failures by stating that they only won because their enemy was old and that if he was younger he would have beaten the piracy out of them in 42 different ways...
    And? Old people who used to be super strong exist you know. Should Oda ignore their existence and make every fighter young? I don't see how it makes the new generation look like failures. The old man is choosing to engage in a fight with his current strength; if he loses then he only has himself to blame.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And then make the new generation look like failures by stating that they only won because their enemy was old and that if he was younger he would have beaten the piracy out of them in 42 different ways...
    Which ones exactly? Whom are you talking about? Kaidou, who is probably a bit over his prime? Whitebeard who was recognized as the strongest person alive for decades? Big Mom, who got fat? As far as we know it will take multiple supernova to even take upon one of them. That just shows how strong those old guys are. Why do you think they put Teach into the Worst Generation category? To make one of the final enemies make one of those that really started within the last couple years.

It also shows that there is some kind of constant top power level, that's rarely transcended.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 08, 2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know what to make of this chapter as not much has actually happened aside from the cliff hanger around Bartholomeo's ability, has it? Luffy's cover is more or less blown thanks to Chinjao, but only to Cavendish. I don't know, but I expect Luffy to take off his mask anyways or is by Chinjao, Boo and Sai in Block C battles what gives Cavendish another ambition boost to win Block D which may result in Luffy becoming sort of "angry" on him for hurting/humiliating Rebecca who was kind to him. ... But that goes a litte too far into a possible "Rebecca joi..." whatwhat?!

After reading about Cavendish's sword in the spoilers, I was hyped a bit - but when I look into the RAW, it's "only" a "meitou", so not necessarily one of the rare swords one would Zoro to have. Apparently it's not even a katana, is it? On the other hand, the other meitou, Oda showed so far was Hana Arashi, so let's see what he's gonna show.

BTW, what's this talk about characters that don't even show up in this arc lately? And when was Rayleigh defeated so one could trollstate he was ... "weak"?

Before I head over to the other Big3 chapter threads, which I won't do after this edit, I just post this here:

I sort of feel like the Big3 chapters are a bit late for the GW break. They all read as if they were meant to be published before Jump went into the break... None of them is actually "spectacular", all of them end with some sort of cliff hanger to show some "real thing" coming. :/
    Last edited by hoeru; May 08, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I disagree with a lot of the posts that have been made. Just because Whitebeard, Rayleigh and Headbutt-Guy are old doesn't mean they are less effective than when in their prime.
    There's a difference between Rayleigh/WB, and Don Shitjao, these two guys are legendary top dogs that were at the top, just their name alone is enough to make anyone shit in his pants

Don Shitjao was badly defeated and nearly killed by Garp, I suppose when they were back in their prime, so badly that the guy couldn't forget it... I can imagine what happened easily, because characters like him were already shown : Moria, Squardo, Crocodile... They've been beaten so badly, that they couldn't forget it. Crocodile as soon as he reached Marinford went after WB's head, Moria wanted to beat Kaido so bad that he raised a Zombie army for that, Squardo hated Roger so much, the moment he knew Ace was Roger's son plus some lies from Akainu, he stabbed WB. It's the very same pattern, so it's not like Don Shitjao isn't strong for me, but he definitely shouldn't be stronger than Luffy IMO

Also, why I hated that so much is because of the past arcs and the lame ass villains there with no real epic fight, it has been two arcs already without any decent enemy or big shot, so really, the last thing I want is Don Shitjao and his silly revenge to make things slower again, there's already enough BS going on this island (Sanji being Sanji, Zoro doing whatever again, Kinemon caught, Bellamy there, Bartolomeo, Cavendish, Rebecca, Ricky). I'll be straight forward : I'm waiting for fan service (not Nami's boobs, got enough of that already), I'm waiting for epic fights and it doesn't seem it would come quickly at this rate.

Quote Quote:
    I sort of feel like the Big3 chapters are a bit late for the GW break. They all read as if they were meant to be published before Jump went into the break... None of them is actually "spectacular", all of them end with some sort of cliff hanger to show some "real thing" coming. :/
    Yeah, especially Naruto with the endless Obito talkshit, although Bleach/OP weren't half bad though honestly
    Last edited by Zehahaha; May 08, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

lol young or old Luffy would wipe the shit out of him, he was just playing with him and the guy got all worked up, an old guy that max he got was 500M isn't much of a big deal for post skip Luffy, or else wouldn't even make sense. The new generation will surpass everyone, but would just be terrible writting if they started by the big ones right way lol 500M old Chinjao seems like a good test for now to Luffy, before the big ones of the arc

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter, the best one of this week. It's very satisfactory noticing that the spoilers were perfect and summarized the chapter exactly as it was. yet, we had sone more info,such as lepanto's defeat,which I thought was due to Bellamy instead it was due to the terrorists.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter !

I actually think Cavendish will somehow get into Block C because beating Luffy is his only goal. He might just beat somebody and take his place. This would also clear the path for Rebecca to advance.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Great chapter !

I actually think Cavendish will somehow get into Block C because beating Luffy is his only goal. He might just beat somebody and take his place. This would also clear the path for Rebecca to advance.
    didnt they just say that he and the old man were in luffys block?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    didnt they just say that he and the old man were in luffys block?
    The Chinjao family (grandpa + 2 grandsons) are in Luffys Block but Cavendish is in Block D.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 708 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    . I dont understand why pirates hate dragon???
    That's very easy actually . Dragon is a powerful guy that has a large army at his disposition and has influence in all 4 seas of OP . He alongside Yonkous ,Shichibukai and WG are an entity of their own that everyone recognizes *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    As some people said here, if Luffy doesn't wipe the floor with any of these guys here, might as well go back to Paradise and stop thinking about being PK... I hate this habit of Oda to downplay his main character in situation such as these, Don Shitjao or not, he's old as fuck, I don't see why Oda didn't even made him flinch because of that punch
    I think he likes to tease us . We all know Oda enjoys making things difficult for Luffy but i think i like that in a way . It would be boring if Luffy would make everyone KO just 'cause he's the main character of the manga

Overall it was a good chap . Not too spectacular but at least i got my OP dose so i can stay alive till next week

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 708 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post

I think he likes to tease us . We all know Oda enjoys making things difficult for Luffy but i think i like that in a way . It would be boring if Luffy would make everyone KO just 'cause he's the main character of the manga
    From time to time, it would be good actually, who didn't like that scene when Luffy pwned Bellamy ? I dare any OP fan to say that scene was boring

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Which ones exactly? Whom are you talking about? Kaidou, who is probably a bit over his prime? Whitebeard who was recognized as the strongest person alive for decades? Big Mom, who got fat? As far as we know it will take multiple supernova to even take upon one of them. That just shows how strong those old guys are. Why do you think they put Teach into the Worst Generation category? To make one of the final enemies make one of those that really started within the last couple years.

It also shows that there is some kind of constant top power level, that's rarely transcended.
    I just meant that Oda always introduce these tough old dudes and then have them defeated. And this defeat is always followed by " He was old, that's why he lost." So the defeat didn't do anything to the old dude, and the victory of the new generation isn't acknowledged.

New Reply
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast