Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Well we don't know that circumstances that surround Garp's and Chinjao's battle. For all we know Chinjao knew to avoid Garp while he was a pirate but one day was unlucky enough to run into him. And maybe after their fight Garp gave Chinjao an ultimatum, give up on being a pirate and live peacefully with your family or i'm going to hunt your ass down and throw you into ID for the rest of your life. I mean Chinajo definitely seems to value his family, so something like that taking place isn't too farfetched i suppose. Also i don't think Chinjao would have been stupid enough to go after any WB pirate. Plus i think Chinjao was referring to killing Dragon back when he was probably like Luffy's age since he said that Luffy wouldn't even exist had he known about Dragon.
    nice catch,but we don't know whether 20 years ago dragon was weaker than he is now,though in op it looks like everyone improves whilst growing,except for the already ones. However, I doubt garp had let him alive and go on purpose,since chinjao really hates him. The latter would have killed dragon if he had know about him being garp's son. What would garp have done if his son would have died because of someone he had spared? It looks like garp crushed chinjao's dream,who could still escape/be saved,though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think tomorrow's chapter will reveal more about Barto's powers, since he'll have to face other strong opponent who surely will be more carefull against him (the King's Crew, Bellamy, Ricky/the Leg Man who are facing each other).
    Well if we don't have the story about the other guys, but I think this will happen well Luffy will fight, since the Block B will maybe end tomorrow (it can be very quick from now on). But maybe Oda will let a little more time pass before exposing them. We will see.

PS :
    Quote Originally Posted by dymloes View Post
    http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-...5-page-17.html
    and for me., that's THE BEST CHAPTER in One Piece ever made.. epic and LEGEND !!!
    Hell you are so right !!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me cry when I'm high enough ^^

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Marine Admirals are minions of the World Government in the same sense that the CEO of Google is just a minion of the stockholders, or the President of the United States is merely a minion of the voting public. That is an unworkable analogy. Coby's ambition is to rise through the ranks, reach the top of his field, and become a great leader of men. Bellamy's only desire is to be someone's second in command. I would hardly call that a lofty goal. Bellamy will have a role to play in this arc, but to say he has some grand motivation is to badly oversell the character. Ultimately his only goal is to be a minion. And no, I don't expect him to defeat Batralomeo and even get out of the battle royale, let alone be awarded the Heart Seat. I think that he will be Bartalomeo's final opponent in B Block, the one he gets to show off his full power against.
    i think the heart seat is about loyalty in this sense bellamy is likely to get it if he helps dd escape or defeat law and luffy but that is unlikely to happen.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm now interested in seeing Luffy fight Don and his sons.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm now interested in seeing Luffy fight Don and his sons.
    If you would be interested you wouldnt do such simple mistake- sons?
    Pay more attention if you read chapters, if you are interested in reading them of course.
    Luffy will have to fight Don Chinjao and his grandsons, not sons.
    And we all are interested in how Luffy will handle such heavy weight fighter as Chinjao, even if he is long time past his prime.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PLfighter View Post
    Don chinchao is Kaidu subordinate he have number 12 his grandson 13 and 14
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ga_Infobox.png

if number is rank they stronger than him or numeration of 500 beast bosted be smile and number have only that meaning

Sorry to rain on your parade, dude, but someone has already said this bunch of days ago. I'm not sayin' that it's not possible, it indeed is, yet there is the indication with Cyborg's Scotch's number 18, but as I have just stated, someone has already said this before you, couple of days or weeks ago. Credits to him, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    I'm noticing that anyone who might be connected to kaido looks very similar.

for instance, 1) they have a number on them like iron boy scotch. http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/704/3

2) their clothing has some sort of strip pattern--which is why i think kinemon is under kaido.

3) http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/704/5 these guys have both the stripes and the numbers im talking about.
    Month old theory.

I praise you for the power scale part though. Assuming that Kaido would be the top dog, Chinjao would be his 12th in command regarding power. But if his bounty is 500m, how strong and value-able are the others, the higher ones? And Zoro, Sanji and others would prolly get to fight some 500-600m mofos then too.

If he is Kaido's subordinate, then the number is not indication of power.
    Last edited by llaubacher; May 14, 2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Found the guy with the original idea.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tattoo's are normaly not removable, and since characters grow weaker/stronger in this series, using those for his underlings as an indication for their strength wouldn't make any sense at all.^^ What would Kaido do once someone of DDs caliber would joing his crew, start with "-X" as Kubo did with Bleach flashbacks? :P
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sproumfch View Post
    I think tomorrow's chapter will reveal more about Barto's powers, since he'll have to face other strong opponent who surely will be more carefull against him (the King's Crew, Bellamy, Ricky/the Leg Man who are facing each other).
    Well if we don't have the story about the other guys, but I think this will happen well Luffy will fight, since the Block B will maybe end tomorrow (it can be very quick from now on). But maybe Oda will let a little more time pass before exposing them. We will see.
    I guess the chapter will be focused on block b too,whose end should be shown in this volume (chap 709 or 710). imo,the incoming chap's title is "the King's punch", but it would be too much a hint that its used against bartolomeo,so the chapter might be called "the crazy (ex)supernova Bartolomeo!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Plot twist: X-Drake is the leader of Kaidos' Zoan Division.
    The three brothers

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    acc,it's very likely that he wasn't a prisoner then. But why did garp let him go,then? However,he hasn't done anything against garp for all this time because the latter was just too strong? So chinjao is expecting dragon to be weaker than garp is. Another strange thing is the fact everyone supposed ace to be garp's grandson, and chinjao might have been afraid of wb too.
    Considering Garp's personality, he probably just let Chinjao go to avoid filing paperwork. I can picture the scene now:
    [Garp picking his nose with his back to Chinjao on the ground]
    Garp: Get out of here, Chinjao!
    Marine: Sir, we need to arrest him.
    Garp: Nah, too much paperwork.
    Marine: What are we going to tell the others?!
    Garp: Just tell them he escaped by disguising himself as a caterpillar.
    Marine: WHO WOULD BELIEVE THAT!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    If you would be interested you wouldnt do such simple mistake- sons?
    Pay more attention if you read chapters, if you are interested in reading them of course.
    Luffy will have to fight Don Chinjao and his grandsons, not sons.
    And we all are interested in how Luffy will handle such heavy weight fighter as Chinjao, even if he is long time past his prime.
    You know, there's that thing about Luffy drawing allies easilly, that bothers me lately. Don Chinjao and his boys could become allies as well, depending on what their goal is. Such a twist wouldn't be unheard of. Garp is a marine while Luffy is a pirate. And Don Chinjao might start respecting Luffy if he sees more of he can do (I got the impression he already respects him a little) and decide he can't blame Luffy for what Garp did to him.

Though I'd like it if they at least fought before that happens.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Marine Admirals are minions of the World Government in the same sense that the CEO of Google is just a minion of the stockholders, or the President of the United States is merely a minion of the voting public. That is an unworkable analogy. Coby's ambition is to rise through the ranks, reach the top of his field, and become a great leader of men. Bellamy's only desire is to be someone's second in command. I would hardly call that a lofty goal. Bellamy will have a role to play in this arc, but to say he has some grand motivation is to badly oversell the character. Ultimately his only goal is to be a minion. And no, I don't expect him to defeat Batralomeo and even get out of the battle royale, let alone be awarded the Heart Seat. I think that he will be Bartalomeo's final opponent in B Block, the one he gets to show off his full power against.
    So I guess Sengoku quit the Marines because he was tired of always calling the shots and never having to do things that the WG told him to do then right? One of Luffy's reasons for being a pirate instead of a marine, was that pirates have the most freedom. To me that means marines are minions/pawns of WG

And since when is wanting to be someone's second in command not a good goal? Isn't that what Zoro revealed his goal to be when he took all Luffy's pain on Thriller Bark, and when he begged Mihawk to train him?

And no, I don't really expect Bellamy to progress very far in this tournament, or see Dofla honor his agreement. It seems more than likely that Dofla is just manipulating Bellamy in the same way that Caesar was manipulating Brownbeard last arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You know, there's that thing about Luffy drawing allies easilly, that bothers me lately. Don Chinjao and his boys could become allies as well, depending on what their goal is. Such a twist wouldn't be unheard of. Garp is a marine while Luffy is a pirate. And Don Chinjao might start respecting Luffy if he sees more of he can do (I got the impression he already respects him a little) and decide he can't blame Luffy for what Garp did to him.

Though I'd like it if they at least fought before that happens.
    Well... yes and no.
    I do agree that making allies out of Chinjao and his grandsons is possible yet..Mr Headbutt was stubborn enough to keep hate for Garp burning for many many years, even decades. So it wont burn out with Chinjao seeing more from Luffy imo, but it might burn out with Chinjao understanding that he couldnt win with Garp and now he cant win against Luffy, he wont be able to bury Luffy for his grandfathers actions and then understand how pointless his raging over past failures was.

Those grandsons clearly have some sense of justice as we saw when Luffy was accused by coliseum staff members of being the one that started fight with Spartan, so maybe if they get to know reason why Chinjao wants to kill Luffy they will somehow get onto Luffys side and try to talk some reason to hard headed gramps(I know its streched but It might turn out close to this).

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Tbh I don't like Chinjao at all . Better remain on the enemies side , it would be more interesting IMO . Beside as vagabond said Chinjao has a deep and long grudge on Garp . He will never like Luffy , maybe he will play a role in the future but from what I see he's not gonna be on Luffy's side

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Tbh I don't like Chinjao at all . Better remain on the enemies side , it would be more interesting IMO . Beside as vagabond said Chinjao has a deep and long grudge on Garp . He will never like Luffy , maybe he will play a role in the future but from what I see he's not gonna be on Luffy's side
    The grudge is not an impediment at all. On the other hand, a question in regards to Chinjao and his attitude towards Luffy is: what is the relationship between his goal and his common past with Garp? If there is not a strong connection, if Gard story with Chinjao is already over, and Chinjao and his family is in the next chapter, then it's possible that Luffy will help Chinjao in his quest, and that in that way Chinjao could put aside his grudge. Nothing is impossible there.

New Reply
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast