Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 708 Discussion/ 709 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    The grudge is not an impediment at all. On the other hand, a question in regards to Chinjao and his attitude towards Luffy is: what is the relationship between his goal and his common past with Garp? If there is not a strong connection, if Gard story with Chinjao is already over, and Chinjao and his family is in the next chapter, then it's possible that Luffy will help Chinjao in his quest, and that in that way Chinjao could put aside his grudge. Nothing is impossible there.
    IMO he's just a loser . He was a pirate and Garp as a Marine was chasing him like he was chasing any other pirate . I think the reason he hates Garp is cause he could never defeat him
    You are right that nothing is impossible but seeing how he attacked Luffy just cause he's Garp's grandson makes me doubt their relationship is gonna be a nice one

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well, surely oda mya change things,but that grudge is obviouslly an hindrance towards them. Furthermore,now that chinjao has mentioned dragon and the fact he'd like to have killed him,I'm most sure that's how oda is gonna reintroduce dragon after the time-skip: by making him meet chinjao (after luffy's defeated him,and maybe when dd is already down too). it'd be cool to see finally dragon's powers,through owning a former 500 million pirate!!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    IMO he's just a loser . He was a pirate and Garp as a Marine was chasing him like he was chasing any other pirate . I think the reason he hates Garp is cause he could never defeat him
    You are right that nothing is impossible but seeing how he attacked Luffy just cause he's Garp's grandson makes me doubt their relationship is gonna be a nice one
    IMO, many weak characters in OP are great. That's related with the fact that the story is not just about losers and winners. It's worth to remember the power Mihawk saw in Luffy: the power to make friends... It's a central topic in the story.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    If you would be interested you wouldnt do such simple mistake- sons?
    Pay more attention if you read chapters, if you are interested in reading them of course.
    Luffy will have to fight Don Chinjao and his grandsons, not sons.
    And we all are interested in how Luffy will handle such heavy weight fighter as Chinjao, even if he is long time past his prime.
    I really don't care, especially to reread the chapters and recall info that likely won't be useful later. Sons or grandsons, still his descendants and you know who I meant.

Not much to talk about this chapter for me other than the confrontation between Luffy and Chinjao, and the enmity between Chinjao and Garp. I dunno if the grandsons are powerful, but Chinjao seems to be powerful even in his old age.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Not much to talk about this chapter for me other than the confrontation between Luffy and Chinjao, and the enmity between Chinjao and Garp. I dunno if the grandsons are powerful, but Chinjao seems to be powerful even in his old age.
    I get the impression that the pirates during Rogers time and the Marines were otherwordly. Ive always believed that Garp would have stomped Akainu had Sengoku not stopped him.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he would have as well. But, I'm not sure whether Chinjao will face Luffy or how Luffy will fare, all things considered. But damn, his head looks like a big bell and is harder than a diamond. X_x would it deal damage to Luffy even though he's rubber?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy would destroy chinjao, he smashed chinjao's face into the ground and that was without stretching his arm or using his DF, also we know physical attacks arent anything to Luffy.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

if chinjao can act like nothing happened despite using his HEAD to attack, and hitting things instead, then I'm pretty sure Luffy wouldn't beat him like that, it'd be more of a challenge for him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Luffy would destroy chinjao, he smashed chinjao's face into the ground and that was without stretching his arm or using his DF, also we know physical attacks arent anything to Luffy.
    yes luffy is rubber but haki can still hurt him...it will be a shame if chinjao will not give luffy some trouble

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    if chinjao can act like nothing happened despite using his HEAD to attack, and hitting things instead, then I'm pretty sure Luffy wouldn't beat him like that, it'd be more of a challenge for him.
    Thats true his head might be really strong, but I think a couple of hits from luffy's armanent elephant gun would knock him out. Also I luffy is way faster especially in gear 2nd

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Strength fights are the easiest fights for Luffy, everyone knows this

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    But it didn't even leave a scratch on Chinjao....he didn't shrug it off, he LAUGHED it off. I don't think it will be that easy for Luffy to beat Chinjao, but who knows if they will even fight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit late, but I haven't found anybody mentioning it before. Oda or one of his assis has forgotten to draw Bartos tattoo in one of the last panels. Let's see if it will be fixed for the tankobon.

Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31