Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: How strong is Naruto?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How strong is Naruto?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    It's because it IS impressive. If the number of handseals was the gauge of techniques difficulty, everyone would do Kagebunshins. Your precious Sasuke doesn't know Kagebunshin. Hell, who else besides Itachi or Kakashi did you see that used it? Naruto's become so efficient at using KB that arguing about its speed or disadvantages is ridiculous.
    Not as impressive as if he was up against someone actually trying to kill him though. And you do realize the reason people don't use Kage Bunshin is because it's so costly. Even Kakashi and Itachi haven't used it in a long, long time, instead relying upon their own unique clone techniques that, at least in Itachi's case, cost much less.

Chill out, bro, your "dislike" bar is acting up. Someone will think that your objectiveness is compromised. You forget that it was Itachi whose Genjutsu Naruto was trying to get out of. Your precious Sasuke has long ways to match any of Itachi's feats. If it was a Genjutsu from any other Shinobi, Naruto would get out of it, specially if he used Kurama's chakra.
    Um, outside of not being able to manipulate time within Tsukuyomi, Sasuke has shown comparable feats to Itachi with genjutsu, like catching Orochimaru in the exact same one as Itachi and knocking Shi out. Heck, Sasuke broke out of Itachi's Tsukuyomi, which was all about skills.

Except Sakura and Chiyo could clearly break him out, meaning it wasn't that tough.

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    is chakra control for Naruto even an issue still? and excluding the Edo Supermen; Naruto has most chakra, which only Kisame could rival. so, if Naruto cannot summon boss toad, then nobody can.
    Issue as in causing a problem, or issue as in it still existing? If you're asking if Naruto still has control issues, then yeah, he admitted it to Kirabi during his Kyuubi training.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Look at your post:

It is attempting to valorize that Itachi's 'finger genjutsu' was so powerful that it was an obvious factor for Naruto to be helpless before it. You realize how ridiculous this sounds? And then you added this:

When Sasuke has shown impressive 3T Genjutsu feats. He put Deidara under genjutsu, bested Shee - a genjutsu specalist - and even entered Naruto's consciousness to suppress Kurama.

I see an 'irony' in that affection point.
    It doesn't sound ridiculous. It's simply stating that Sasuke's Genjutsu can't compare to Itachi's. Yeah, I think that Itachi's that good and probably is.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Not as impressive as if he was up against someone actually trying to kill him though. And you do realize the reason people don't use Kage Bunshin is because it's so costly. Even Kakashi and Itachi haven't used it in a long, long time, instead relying upon their own unique clone techniques that, at least in Itachi's case, cost much less.
    Don't know about the killing intent, but mid-battle, attacking is the same whether feelings are there or not. I know it's costly, and that's one of the reasons it screams impressive.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Um, outside of not being able to manipulate time within Tsukuyomi, Sasuke has shown comparable feats to Itachi with genjutsu, like catching Orochimaru in the exact same one as Itachi and knocking Shi out. Heck, Sasuke broke out of Itachi's Tsukuyomi, which was all about skills.

Except Sakura and Chiyo could clearly break him out, meaning it wasn't that tough.
    I didn't mean to belittle Sasuke's genjutsu, but compared to Itachi, I'm afraid my opinion still stands. The fight between them is something I don't really respect because Itachi never was really serious.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

@Roman The only point where Itachi is above Sasuke is on grounds of Moon-genjutsu, and no where else. It's unsupported by manga.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Roman The only point where Itachi is above Sasuke is on grounds of Moon-genjutsu, and no where else. It's unsupported by manga.
    Awww, how cute. Now you think that Sasuke's stronger then even Itachi... Man, let's just leave the convo as it is.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ At EMS level? Who disagrees with this? I would love to hear their tell-tales.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

don't you mean MS level -_-, since Ems doesn't give the user extra power.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ No taxing effects, better chakra consumption, and eternal light. Not to mention the only area where Itachi exceeds is overcome by Sasuke due to blood-ties. I don't see how he has any advantage over Sasuke.
    Last edited by shahdan; April 30, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not an issue anymore.
    As long as he has Kyuubi's chakra available, definitely. Without the chakra, he can't summon anything bigger than current Gamakichi until proven otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    It's not really that strange that Naruto would be somewhat weak if you remove Kurama and Sage Mode. He's never really received training in anything else, except for the time he trained with Yamato and Kakashi. Hell, he spent 3 years with Jiraiya and didn't even learn what his Chakra nature was.
    Honestly, I think people are underestimating Naruto too much. He may not be at uber level without Kyuubi nor have his ass saved, but he's still strong and can still beat a lot of people with just tricking them.

Itachi would still be better than Sasuke. He's faster in hand seals and speed, is smarter, has better genjutsu, etc. Even sick and holding back, Sasuke could barely challenge Itachi so much.

Though to be fair, Sasuke would still do better than Naruto even if all three were in their base, basic mode.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

itachi puts sasuke in inzanami, or seals him in totsuka blade, all attacks by sasuke are blocked by the yata shield since it makes all attacks ineffective

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    Chill out, bro, your "dislike" bar is acting up. Someone will think that your objectiveness is compromised. You forget that it was Itachi whose Genjutsu Naruto was trying to get out of. Your precious Sasuke has long ways to match any of Itachi's feats. If it was a Genjutsu from any other Shinobi, Naruto would get out of it, specially if he used Kurama's chakra.
    Proof? Because it seems to me people keep using Naruto's utter failure at escaping Itachi's Genjutsu as proof that he can escape any non-Itachi Genjutsu.

Nevermind the fact that this was a 30% clone and not the true Itachi.

Nevermind that he didn't use his Sharingan to cast it.

Nevermind that Naruto still failed.

Even more hilariously, you compared what just happened to Sasuke's Genjutsu. As if to imply that Sasuke's Genjutsu is less powerful than a 30%, Sharingan-less Genjutsu from Itachi.

Awesome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Proof? Because it seems to me people keep using Naruto's utter failure at escaping Itachi's Genjutsu as proof that he can escape any non-Itachi Genjutsu.

Nevermind the fact that this was a 30% clone and not the true Itachi.

Nevermind that he didn't use his Sharingan to cast it.

Nevermind that Naruto still failed.

Even more hilariously, you compared what just happened to Sasuke's Genjutsu. As if to imply that Sasuke's Genjutsu is less powerful than a 30%, Sharingan-less Genjutsu from Itachi.

Awesome.
    its based on the fact that bee was able to escape genjutsu with hachibis help
    we havent seen what naruto can do against genjutsu as of late so its up to debate if he can escape it now, or if that is a skill that requires training and experience

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about the killing intent, but mid-battle, attacking is the same whether feelings are there or not. I know it's costly, and that's one of the reasons it screams impressive.
    No, there's a difference between attacking and attacking with intent. And Naruto doesn't worry about the cost because he naturally have alot of chakra thanks to his bloodline. Are we no longer separating genetic abilities anymore?

I didn't mean to belittle Sasuke's genjutsu, but compared to Itachi, I'm afraid my opinion still stands. The fight between them is something I don't really respect because Itachi never was really serious.
    Again, the only difference is Itachi's capable of controlling time in his Tsukuyomi. Apart from that, Sasuke has shown the exact same feats as him. And Itachi not instantly ending the battle with Susanoo doesn't mean he wasn't serious. The entire point of the fight was for Sasuke to take up his role, makes no sense for Itachi to allow a weaker Sasuke to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    its based on the fact that bee was able to escape genjutsu with hachibis help
    we havent seen what naruto can do against genjutsu as of late so its up to debate if he can escape it now, or if that is a skill that requires training and experience
    Except Kirabi didn't escape, he was awoken after the genjutsu took effect. Had the Hachibi freed him from it,he wouldn't have fell to the ground unconscious.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

whoaw, so many underestimates Naruto ._. Albeit I agree I'd like to see Naruto much stronger *without* the Kyuubi, but he certainly isn't weak in his base.
    Besides I got a feeling that Hirashima will teach Naruto to use sage mode while in motion, as seemingly that is what Hirashima is doing in a recent flashback.

Jiraiya... Can't fight on kage level without sagde mode? Da fuq?
    While we never saw him fight a kage opponent without sage mode, he still fought freaking Pain! Pain did even admit that had Jiraiya known Pain's secret behind his 6 bodies, then Jiraiya would have won, heck, he wouldn't have lost his arm to begin with.
    Even if Jiraiya isn't on kage level without Sage mode, then I'm pretty sure he's darn close, because I doubt any other Kage could stand up to Pain.
    Well this is just an opinion in the end, but I really do find it unreaonable to judge Jiraiya that low as "fact" when we clearly don't know.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@ninjabot

Quote Quote:
    No, I deliberately didn't mention it because summoning is only an option while Kurama's granting chakra to Naruto, otherwise his chakra control prohibits summoning. No Bunta. No Ken. No Tatsu. No Hiro. No Ma. No pa. No summoning. Period.
    so in essence you are using Naruto from part 1 eh? Naruto has insane chakra control right now. When he takes Kurama's chakra its his and he can manipulate it to a degree that left even Kurama impressed. Now he can't summon shit... Just lol..

This just shows how biased you are. Nothing more and nothing less. Of course I already knew that. I mean seriously current Naruto unable to summon shit under his own power? Meh...

Quote Quote:
    No he didn't. He never said he grew enough to combat his Genjutsu. He said that he grew.
    And I stated that? I said that Itachi claimed he grew (in response to him fighting genjutsu) but not enough to do escape his genjutsu...

Quote Quote:
    And this was not a Sharingan Genjutsu used against Naruto. Ontop of that, he NEVER escaped. He simply struggled with himself long enough for Sakura and Chiyo to save him. And even then, the Genjutsu was meant to immobilize him, so the fact that he was sitting there strangling himself was proof that the Genjutsu worked 100% despite Naruto's efforts. Even worse?
    And I said he escaped? Did I say that the genjutsu did not work? I said that using Itachi as a measuring stick is BS. Naruto grew and knew how to fight genjutsu, only problem is that he like many others don't stand a chanse vs Itachi's genjutsu. Now Itachi did make a small compliment there and that is the point.

Quote Quote:
    Know-how isn't the same as proficiency. Sasuke "knew" how to dodge Lee's attacks, but was too slow to do so, so he got his ass kicked. Naruto knew how to escape Itachi's finger Genjutsu, and failed miserably anyway. He can know how to escape Genjutsu, but if he sucks at it it doesn't matter. His Genjutsu defense is most certainly not good enough until you show proof of him escaping a Genjutsu. Any Genjutsu at all. Good luck with that.
    No, my point is that you are using ITACHI to prove Naruto is bad at escaping from genjutsu.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto catches a BACKWARDS turned sword. And it literally takes one handseal to create a clone. You're acting like he showed a feat of impressive reaction times when he literally made one movement. Hardly comparable to anything someone on Kakashi's level or Sasuke's level could do.
    I keep seeing you posting this nonsense. When will you understand that its completely irrelevant what way that sword was pointing when he grabbed it by its sides?

Eh? I never noticed Sasuke doing anything like that. Yes they have speed but that does not mean that can do that. Those dudes where damn impressed with it.

Assuming Itachi would not be sick he would have comparable chakra levels, the 2 spiritual weapons, clones, speed(Sasuke can keep up but Itachi has better speed) and an intellect above Sasuke by a good degree.... At the very least a fight between the 2 would be damn close.
    Last edited by xXan; May 01, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

In regards to Naruto's chakra control, I find it kind of inconsistent. I mean, remember when Naruto was training to walk on water with Ebisou and Jiraiya? The only reason why he even had any difficulty was because Orochimaru's seal messed up his chakra control, right? However, despite that Naruto was slowly getting better at walking on water, which says a lot. If nothing else, I think this should show Naruto is better than he's given credit for, considerin he was slowly adaptin to his chakra being out of whack and still getting slowly better at walking on water.

New Reply
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast