Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Story Idea

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Story Idea

Hi, I am new to this forum and I've been pondering on this a while and I'd like to put this rough idea out and see what I can get back from a community of sorts.

Sorta set in the future abit where we use nuclear fusion for pretty much all of our energy needs large vehicles run on small versions where as small vehicles run on hydrogen and whatnot. We are in a peaceful age ruled by extreme capitalism every where. They own countries/bought out governments. One major technology firm owns all the power sources.

2 siblings living with relatives over seas from their home country, they are in high school. A series of virus attacks on the worlds nuclear fusion reactors creates a post apocalyptic world.

One of the large companies steps in and provides shelters, water, food.

I want to get a feel for a conspiracy theory type thing, thats a small amount of what I had unfortunately i lost my notebook with more stuff in it. Im pretty sure that I had a time paradox in there at one point but i cant quite remember.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Story Idea

It sounds like it could be worked into a pretty cool story! If you're pushing the conspiracy theme, reading George Orwell's "1984" is a must.

The whole "corporations running the world" thing has been done before (Jennifer Government, The Iron Heel, The Space Merchants) so make sure to make it your own.

Some questions to consider:
    • Why did the "terrorists" -- those who attacked the major reactors -- do it? What are their motives? Do they have a score to settle with the major tech firm? How do they justify the destruction of what seemed to be an ideal society?
    • If governments have been made obsolete, what system do those in power use to stay in power and enforce laws? Maybe a mercenary army of sorts...
    • Does the company that offers supplies have an agenda? Maybe make it a society instead of a company. It can be a collection of well-meaning rich people trying to help refugees. At least that is how it appears on the surface...

I don't see how a virus can destroy reactors. Is it somehow weaponized to react with certain components, or did it just wipe out all the engineers needed to run most of the generators?

This is just me spit-balling. I hope some small part of this is useful/constructive

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Story Idea

its great but make sure to make the arcs nice then you will capture the peoples attention but great man honestly.

New Reply