Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: SPOILER : How did the Ants get so strong ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

SPOILER : How did the Ants get so strong ?

I really loved the Chimera Ant Arc, but there's still something I don't understand - actually I needed to register just to ask that, it really bugs me...why are the Ants so strong ? I know there are physically stronger than humans, but how did they master Nen so quickly ? Even Gon and Killua, who are supposed to be frighteningly talented geniuses, aren't even close to the best Hunters after much time spent training...whereas the Division Commanders become so strong they pose a real threat to top-ranked Hunters, in the span of, what, a few months ? Let's not get started with Meruem and the Royal Guards. They somehow manage to be the strongest beings in the universe without any kind of training, they don't even get a baptism ! Is there something I just don't get, or is it a (pretty big) plot hole ?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPOILER : How did the Ants get so strong ?

First,Ants are strong creatures by nature(like Lion or Tiger etc...),they learn quickly too,also the Queen ate many humans and some Nen users like Pokkle.And they have been baptized because of Rammot(who have himself been baptized by Gon and Killua)excepted the royal guards and Meruem.Ants are not that strong,many squadrons leaders have been beaten.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the question for me is not "how did the ants get so strong?" but "how did the ants get so big?"

because ants are always strong, but never 2 meters tall
    so either it was some natural mutation or evolution

or someone tampered with these ants to make them grow that big

that being said i have not finished the chimera arc in the manga yet so i dont know the real answer

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

They are supposed to be the ultimate beings introduced in the series thus far. Because the queen ate several different species of several different talents and prowess, those qualities and knowledge were implanted into the next generation Chimera Ants. Their powers sky rocketed when the queen begun consuming Nen users. The skill, power, knowledge and possible Aura of those Nen users were passed onto the next generation of CA, along with several different powers from different creatures.

In short, they're like a mix of several great powers in the form of one specie.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the question for me is not "how did the ants get so strong?" but "how did the ants get so big?"

that being said i have not finished the chimera arc in the manga yet so i dont know the real answer
    Finish the arc.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lutv's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Lutv; April 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Finish the arc.
    working on it as we speak hombre!!!!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

But then how come Pitou got knowledge, skill, and aura from the Nen users the Queen ate...but he didn't even know the existence of Nen before he got the information from Pokkle ? How come he could use it without receiving a baptism (unless he got it from Rammoto offscreen ?) ?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I should have said catch up,the response is in the last chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    But then how come Pitou got knowledge, skill, and aura from the Nen users the Queen ate...but he didn't even know the existence of Nen before he got the information from Pokkle ? How come he could use it without receiving a baptism (unless he got it from Rammoto offscreen ?) ?
    Because he didnt know what his aura was. He didnt have any idea what power he had until getting information from Pokkle.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

OK I see now, thank you very much !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ants have always been far superior to human in terms of every physical attribute the way HXH represented it, so once they magically get to human size there's nothing wrong with their ability to easily surpass the best humans. The limitation to the Ants was their size. Even if there was Ubogin ant (as in ant-sized ant) out there, a normal human can still easily crush the said ant even if this ant can use aura, just due to the sheer size difference.

Pitou didn't need to know what his type is for himself. He can learn stuff just be thinking about it. The reason why he needs to learn more about it is so he can teach other Ants. From his point of view learning aura is about as hard as breathing, but the other Ants aren't nearly as talented as he is.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I understand the ants did not quite start out the way they were through most of the arc. In fact the relevant ants were completely different from the previous generation (insectlike and dumb) and the queen (intelligent but insectlike and incapable of speed). So we actually saw the ants slowly become what they became, there really isn't much more to that. The ants supposedly came from the outside world which makes the situation murky though. Perhaps the queen herself was the result of an ant ingesting a human like creature (I think they are referred to as maji) and then the queen somehow ended up in the known world. Well, the ants were not entirely new to the world, the scientist guys were familiar with them at large so perhaps the issue is that the previous generation got his hangs on a couple of humans which resulted in the current queen which had human like attributes. The rest is history, the queen and the other ants started targeting humans and specially humans with developed nen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's well-known that small insects can lift many times of their weight. If a human can do that it'd be like you lifting a car. So ignoring the fact that insects normally aren't human sized, if insects magically do become human sized and still retain their relative strength, of course they'll blow away humanity. Now the human-sized Ants originally didn't have much of intelligence to speak of, so while they might still be super strong and durable it's not a problem for humans. Of course in the case of Chimaera Ants, not only are they physically strong but they're also mentally strong. The Royal Guards can use Aura the moment they're born. Pitou can develop a new ability almost instantly. Gon is said to be talented and with the standard gradual method of awakening aura, it might take only a month. Well Pitou can use aura the moment he was born. The Ants, especially the Royal+ level, simply starts out tens of times more capable than the strongest human in every aspect, including aura as a fucntion of their superior species.

Note that none of this would matter if the Ants didn't magically become human sized. Imagine Pitou was really ant-sized, you'd be able to squash him rather easily even if he still has access to his full powers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

The ants are from the Dark Continent.

If they are only ''ants'' and are this strong. Can you imagine the other race that lives in the dark continent. I'm sure there'd be an Ant King in the dark continent too.

New Reply