Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread v3

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread v3

USA USA USA USA USA

So much for my prediction of Mexico being a dark horse next summer....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    USA USA USA USA USA

So much for my prediction of Mexico being a dark horse next summer....
    Belgium's the dark horse.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Belgium's the dark horse.
    No, Belgium is the paper champion according to some

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    No, Belgium is the paper champion according to some
    The paper champion is one of Spain, Brazil, or Germany. I just placed Belgium ahead of some traditional football powers in the race for the WC. Without getting amazingly lucky, Belgium have no chance, but they have more of a chance than, say, France.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Gareth Bale's transfer rumours to Madrid, what do you guys think about it? Will he go or not? How much do you think it'll take to lure him away from Spurs? And do you think it's a good move for him?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll be riding the bench and be the new Kaka...huehuehuehue

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Regarding Gareth Bale's transfer rumours to Madrid, what do you guys think about it? Will he go or not? How much do you think it'll take to lure him away from Spurs? And do you think it's a good move for him?
    I think it would be better from him if he stayed one more year. But i don't think he is gonna loose himself on Madrid, i think he can become a key player on Real Madrid aswell. About the price, i have hear ridiculous high quantities Real Madrid is gonna pay in other to get him. And honestly i don't think he deserves to be bought for such quantities. In the max i don't think he values more than 70M euros.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

If he wants CL so badly, then he should leave... just read Spurs value him at 125 million pounds lol. Imho, I don't think he's worth a lot more than Suarez. 60-70 million... I've read so many ridiculous rumours about RM offers that include players it's not funny. He's hugely overpriced imo. I think he'll stay...or if he does go, it will be on deadline day.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I value Bale at 45-50m. Let's face it. It's not clear how he'll develop going forward and I wouldn't be willing to splash the cash so willing. The reported 81-82m that Madrid offered is crazy talk. Bale will never be as good as Ronaldo, and, while it was a few years ago, they only paid 80m for him.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Spurs should take the money and run. Run, run, run.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the only one watching City raping Milan? I know it's a friendly match, but still, 4-0 in 30 mins... I was writing this comment and City scored the 5th ... wow 5-3 , I should start writing faster

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I value Bale at 45-50m. Let's face it. It's not clear how he'll develop going forward and I wouldn't be willing to splash the cash so willing. The reported 81-82m that Madrid offered is crazy talk. Bale will never be as good as Ronaldo, and, while it was a few years ago, they only paid 80m for him.
    Come on man, Bale was the best wing in the Premier League last season. Didn't Napoli pay 40 for Higuaín?

Madrid payed 80m 4 years ago... a lot has happenned since then. Bale must be around 65 / 70 m right now. He won't win anything with the spurs, and it's likely that he'll get a place in Madrid (+he'll get a ton of money if this happens). If I were him I would go to Real without a doubt.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I'm the only one watching City raping Milan? I know it's a friendly match, but still, 4-0 in 30 mins... I was writing this comment and City scored the 5th ... wow 5-3 , I should start writing faster
    Yeah, I saw it, and I also just watched a boring 0-0 first half between Bayern and Sao Paulo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Come on man, Bale was the best wing in the Premier League last season. Didn't Napoli pay 40 for Higuaín?

Madrid payed 80m 4 years ago... a lot has happenned since then. Bale must be around 65 / 70 m right now. He won't win anything with the spurs, and it's likely that he'll get a place in Madrid (+he'll get a ton of money if this happens). If I were him I would go to Real without a doubt.
    That doesn't mean that you should overpay for Bale just because. Bale's worth a maximum of 50m. Bale should certainly leave if he's able to, but Levy won't sell him until it's clear that he won't renew his contract, which won't be this summer. Of course, Levy will lose Spurs money because the less time remaining on the contract, the less you can get out of a team, as long as there isn't a release clause, at least.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Finally. It took until the 55th minute for Mandzukic to make it 1-0 Bayern.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Weiser makes it 2-0 Bayern.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Neuer saves Ceni's penalty. The opposing keeper could not score the penalty.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched Nápoles vs Porto, and it was actually the first time i had the chance to observe some of our newest acquisitions.
    Herrera doesn't seem to be fully on shape at this moment, but i am sure he will do so much more as this season progresses. Anyway, Moutinho will be missed, cuz neither Defour, Herrera at this point can do what Moutinho did every game on Porto.

But there's something really positive on this game, and that is Quintero! OMFG, this guy is gonna be beast. If you don't know much about Quintero, he has a similar play style as James Rodriguez and honestly even though he did make some mistakes, but at least for me he was one of the best on this game. With this said, i have a couple of other others for another great player called Alex Sandro. All Porto's fans were worried when Alvaro Pereira forced his way out of the club to Inter ... but damm, Alex Sandro is even better. Brasil is well served on that position, what a fucking beast Alex is.

And a good game from Otamendi aswell. Anyway, Porto was superior specially on the second half. Yesterday against Galatasaray it was actually the opposite. We did a good first half and a bad second half, this time it was actually the opposite. Anyway Porto ended this tournament with 6 points, and Napoli with 3. Now we have to wait for Arsenal vs Gala to find out the final standings.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Sorry, had to >_<

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone expecting Arsenal to buy big is wasting their expectations. Even with their bids for Suarez (No way Liverpool will sell to them.. I highly doubt he'll go to another english team anyway) it's clear they have no intention of spending big.

New Reply
Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast