Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Strongest soul reapers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest soul reapers

Here's my rankings:

Most powerful - Shigekuni "Genryusai" Yamamoto

2nd place down to 10 - Can't say, we still need to see the Ban Kais of Shunsui and Ukitake. I will concede that Zaraki is a top contender for 2nd place.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really hard to say. According to young Bach / old man Zangetsu Ichigo has only been using a fraction of his real power up until now, So I Think Ichigo will be immensely powerful in the next fight.
    The three brothers

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was about to go on a rant on how the hell Byakuya is considered among the strongest Shinigami until it clicked that we are talking about Pure Soul Reapers here (which makes sense)

Though, it does strike me that people put Byakuya above Urahara to this day.

On topic
    • Yama
    • Aizen
    • Isshin - RG - Kenpachi
    • Kyouraku - Ukitake - Urahara
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Strongest Shinigami? Hmm, as of now it'd go like this for me.

There is no doubt in my mind that Yamamoto was the pinnacle of Shinigami and his legacy will be nigh-impossible to top.

After him are Aizen, Kenpachi, and Unohana.
    Last edited by eefrit; June 21, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What defines the strongest Shinigami? Pure reiatsu alone? That's bland. I'm going to rank them on various categories.

Pure reiatsu:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin/Ichigo est. 2x that of a captain.
    Tier 2: Vaizado captains with a mask, captain level + massive, albeit temporary boost.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Yoruichi nobles born naturally gifted. Maybe Zaraki but his reiatsu is vague.
    Tier 4: The rest.

Overall Shinigami mastery:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin.
    Tier 2: Byakuya/Yoruichi + Soifon (? confirmed tier 1 in Shunpo/Hakuda and Shunko involves Kido so there's that).
    Tier 3: Assumed Gin/"senior captains".

Hakuda:
    Tier 1: Soifon/Yoruichi.
    Tier 2: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin/Ichigo/Urahara/Omaeda (yes, deal with it)/Probably Byakuya since Yoruichi played a part in his training.
    Tier 3: Every high seated 2nd division member.
    Tier 4: Ikkaku/Komamura/Lisa/Kensei/Mashiro.
    Tier 5: The rest.

Zanjutsu:
    Tier 1: Zaraki, he could beat up like 90% of the cast in a sword fight.
    Tier 2: Unohana, same.
    Tier 3: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin
    Tier 4: Ichigo/Byakuya/Ikkaku/Shunsui + Ukitake/Gin/Shinji.
    Tier 5: High ranked 11th division members.
    Tier 6: The rest.

Shunpo:
    Tier 1: Soifon + Yoruichi/Ichigo.
    Tier 2: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Urahara/Komamura/Vaizados.

Kido:
    Tier 1: Tessai/Hachigen.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Unohana/Urahara/Soifon + Yoruichi (shunko)/Kido corps/4th squad members/Tousen.

Intellect:
    Tier 1: Urahara.
    Tier 2: Aizen/Mayuri.
    Tier 3: Yamamoto/Gin/Unohana/Byakuya/Tousen/Shunsui/Ukitake/Hitsugaya/Ichigo/Isshin.

Strength:
    Tier 1: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin.
    Tier 2: Komamura/Vaizados/Soifon + Yoruichi/Ichigo.
    Tier 3: The rest.

Ability Deadliness:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto.
    Tier 2: Mayuri/Unohana.
    Tier 3: Gin/Hitsugaya/Soifon.

Hax powers:
    Tier 0: Aizen.
    Tier 2: Shinji/Tousen/Shunsui + Ukitake.

You can't just pick "the strongest soul reapers" because all it takes is timing to win a fight. GAME OVER Aizen.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    What defines the strongest Shinigami? Pure reiatsu alone? That's bland. I'm going to rank them on various categories.

Pure reiatsu:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin/Ichigo est. 2x that of a captain.
    Tier 2: Vaizado captains with a mask, captain level + massive, albeit temporary boost.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Yoruichi nobles born naturally gifted. Maybe Zaraki but his reiatsu is vague.

Overall Shinigami mastery:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin.
    Tier 2: Byakuya/Yoruichi + Soifon (? confirmed tier 1 in Shunpo/Hakuda and Shunko involves Kido so there's that).
    Tier 3: Assumed Gin/"senior captains".

Hakuda:
    Tier 1: Soifon/Yoruichi.
    Tier 2: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin/Ichigo/Urahara/Omaeda (yes, deal with it)/Probably Byakuya since Yoruichi played a part in his training.
    Tier 3: Every high seated 2nd division member.
    Tier 4: Ikkaku/Komamura/Lisa/Kensei/Mashiro.
    Tier 5: The rest.

Zanjutsu:
    Tier 1: Zaraki, he could beat up like 90% of the cast in a sword fight.
    Tier 2: Unohana, same.
    Tier 3: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin
    Tier 4: Ichigo/Byakuya/Ikkaku/Shunsui + Ukitake/Gin/Shinji.
    Tier 5: High ranked 11th division members.
    Tier 6: The rest.

Shunpo:
    Tier 1: Soifon + Yoruichi/Ichigo.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Urahara/Komamura/Vaizados.

Kido:
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Unohana/Urahara/Soifon + Yoruichi (shunko)/Kido corps/4th squad members/Tousen.

Intellect:
    Tier 1: Urahara.
    Tier 2: Aizen/Mayuri.
    Tier 3: Yamamoto/Gin/Unohana/Byakuya/Tousen/Shunsui/Ukitake/Hitsugaya/Ichigo/Isshin.

Strength:
    Tier 1: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin.
    Tier 2: Komamura/Vaizados/Soifon + Yoruichi/Ichigo.

Ability Deadliness:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto.
    Tier 2: Mayuri/Unohana.
    Tier 3: Gin/Hitsugaya/Soifon.

Hax powers:
    Tier 0: Aizen.
    Tier 2: Shinji/Tousen/Shunsui + Ukitake.

You can't just pick "the strongest soul reapers" because all it takes is timing to win a fight. GAME OVER Aizen.
    That list is so ridiculous, most of it is formed out of your own imagination. For the reiatsu category, beyond 'Tier 1',as you put it, and probably the Vaizards being given special standing, there isn't anything to suggest Byakuya's or even Yuroichi's reiatsu exceeds everyone else's. 'Overall Shinigami Mastery' is just arbitrary. You put Byakuya on the same level of Hakuda as Yamamoto pretty much because he knew Yuroichi, which is obviously absolutely ridiculous. And most of the others on that list are pretty ridiculous, I don't know what those individuals have shown that comes close to Yamamoto. As it goes down, it makes if possible as little sense as it does at that Tier. Tier 4 for Zanjutsu is just random. How is Ikkaku even on that list? The others are just thrown there as you please. And you've placed seated officers as superior Zanjutsu users than pretty much almost every captain, and we've seen the vast difference between them. The Shunpo group seems a bit random as you get to Tier 3. The obvious lack of inclusion of Ukitake and Shunsui is glaring, particularly considering Yamamoto's praise of their ability. I've little clue how Byakuya manages to be on the same level of Kido as Unohana and Urahara, that doesn't make any sense. And at this point, I've just accepted that you're going to place Isshin pretty high on every list, just because. The other categories actually seem decent, mostly, although 'Ability Deadliness' is just random. And Hax powers, I get neither the inclusion of Tessai and Hachigen, nor the obvious absence of Yamamoto, whose bankai makes him untouchable and able to summon an army of the undead on cue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    .Read things again, be patience & know what you are replying to before replying. Never put words in anybody's mouth. I said the performance of the other captains with the exception of Yama & Aizen doesn't imply any form of superiority to Byakuya, I didn't say "he is stronger than Kyouraku and Unohana".
    It's what you meant though; it is exactly the same thing you argued just a day ago in the tournament thread.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    That list is so ridiculous, most of it is formed out of your own imagination.
    This list is an estimation based on manga facts.

there isn't anything to suggest Byakuya's or even Yuroichi's reiatsu exceeds everyone else's.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-25.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-17.html
    And several other pages where Byakuya's reiatsu can be felt far away. But since you are so obsessed with dpwngrading Byakuya maybe you could provide similar examples but with other captains?

'Overall Shinigami Mastery' is just arbitrary. You put Byakuya on the same level of Hakuda as Yamamoto pretty much because he knew Yuroichi, which is obviously absolutely ridiculous.
    Byakuya takes his position very seriously and strives for perfection. He's not just going to leave his skills low. He had Yoruichi as a mentor and was seen using one of her techniques so the idea that he learned more from her is not farfetched at all. As for Yamamoto, he showed his physical strength, his hand to hand combat skills were not very impressive.

And most of the others on that list are pretty ridiculous, I don't know what those individuals have shown that comes close to Yamamoto.
    According to what they have shown. You're going ahead and saying that Yamamoto is above everybody else at everything even though most of his time fighting he relied on brute force alone. I put him at the top of pure reiatsu and deadliness because that's where he belongs. He used a level 96 spell? Nice but where is a level 99 and time/space spells? He killed WW with his fists? Nice, but where's the martial arts and varied shit that Soifon and Yoruichi used in their fight? He didn't even crossed swords with anybody, because that alone would incinerate most people. His speed was greater than Shunsui and Ukitake so there's a start, but it wasn't enough to make Aizen or Royd flinch, while Ichigo, Soifon and Yoruichi can make clones with speed, and catch Aizen with his pants down, and that's nearly impossible to do. Urahara, Aizen and Mayuri are smarter. Aizen has a more h4x3d power.

I'm being reasonable. Just because Yamamoto is obviously very good at everything and would be like a solid 90/100 at everything, but those that specialize at a specific skill have shown a lot more.

Tier 4 for Zanjutsu is just random. How is Ikkaku even on that list?
    Because Ikkaku is a damn good swordsman and remains the most varied one. He can fight with both sword and sheathe, switch hands, change is strategy in a second, use his nunchaku spear in many different ways, all in one fight. It's a lot more than anybody has ever shown, I just put him there because he's not very strong.

And you've placed seated officers as superior Zanjutsu users than pretty much almost every captain, and we've seen the vast difference between them.
    I have to make this clear, because so far you've been reading my posts with a different idea in mind. This is a ranking based on specific categories. Don't bring raw strength or speed or whatever, I'm talking about Zanjutsu alone. The squad 11 only knows how to do that, and every time they train and fight is with it in mind. Just because somebody is a captain doesn't mean they have skills in it. That's why you had Hitsugaya go with a nobody in his squad to train him in the very basics, because he always used his ice instead of his sword and never learned proper Zanjutsu. I can't see a good portion of the cast being very good at it either, because their style is simply not focused on clashing swords. How is Rose, for example, going to focus on it when he fights using a flute whip that attacks with music?

The Shunpo group seems a bit random as you get to Tier 3. The obvious lack of inclusion of Ukitake and Shunsui is glaring, particularly considering Yamamoto's praise of their ability.
    Yamamoto got there first, and praised them compared to their old selves when he taught them. Later on their speed was limited to trying to kill Starrk with cheap shots which is not much.

I've little clue how Byakuya manages to be on the same level of Kido as Unohana and Urahara
    He used several powerful Kido in almost every fight he has been, in a split second. I put Urahara there because he's clearly good at it based on his actions and because he lived with Tessai for a while. I actually put Unohana there because of her healing ability, which seems to be closely linked to Kido, and because her reiatsu control is perfect, not because she has used it in the past.

And at this point, I've just accepted that you're going to place Isshin pretty high on every list, just because.
    He's on reiatsu because he's strong, he showed it and he fought Aizen with great power. He's on speed because he fought Aizen, and used some pretty impressive speed a couple of times... Sigh, to make it short, he's on the same level of Aizen. He's even good at Kido because of that barrier he used and that charm he gave Ichigo, and even decent at Kaido since he used it for his clinic. But here's not high everywhere, notice he's not in intellect, deadliness or hax.

The other categories actually seem decent, mostly, although 'Ability Deadliness' is just random. And Hax powers, I get neither the inclusion of Tessai and Hachigen, nor the obvious absence of Yamamoto, whose bankai makes him untouchable and able to summon an army of the undead on cue.
    Yamamoto is the fucking sun, so that must be worth something. Mayuri can poison a large radius which means failure of internal organs in seconds. Unohana can melt people inside the area of her Bankai, and I don't know how large it is, but at least is slightly deadlier. Gin has a poisonous mach 200 sword, Hitsugaya can freeze large areas, Soifon has a nuke. The rest haven't shown much or I just forgot.

Yamamoto is deadly, not hax. His skeletons were useless, he summoned them just to piss off Yhwach, and because they wouldn't die from entering that holy circle. Tessai and Hachigen have time/space spell and can use level 99 spells without incantation, so that guarantees them a high spot in that list.

This is not even a final list, I ranked them on what they have shown or is reasonable on what they can do. I'm not just going to use hearsay to make the ranking everybody wants to read:

Yamamoto
    Zaraki
    Unohana
    Shunsui
    Ukitake
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    That is far beyond you to say. See it for yourself, chapter 394, Yamamoto barely does anything and it's nowhere in the same level as Soifon + Yoruichi. I'm ranking them on specific categories here, don't bring strength where it doesn't belong. Yamamoto killed an Espada worthy Arrancar with his fists, that's awesome, but punching barely qualifies on the same level as the martial arts masters.
    Not questioning anything regarding Yoroichi when it comes to H2H, but the fact that you rank Yamamoto so low, at the same time putting him in the same tier as Byakuya is beyond silly.

Sure, simply punching is not MA (or atleast i dont think so) but he did not simply punch WW, he used a special stance and is a specific technique. The Bone technique is not just simple punching.

Quote Quote:
    You cannot be serious. The evidence is there, but if you insist on telling me that's not strong compared to other captains, then show me others that can do the same or more, excluding Aizen and Yamamoto.
    Non of them, or atleast most of them never needed to raise theyre reiatsu at all.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner The Black Sun's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto is really one of the strongest, but we haven't seen much from him. and when we stared to see something he died.
    Zaraki full power haven't been seen yet, but he suppose to be one of the strongest.
    Unohana... ummm... she doesn't have the strongest attack power, she's more the defensive type...
    With Ukitake it depend on how strong is your opponent. and he's more or less use his enemy power...
    Shunsui powers are a bit troublesome, sometimes it work against him... to call him the strongest is a mistake.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking out Ichigo (HUMAN), Aizen (in prison so it doesn't matter yet), dead ones, RG and considering the story until the very last chapter and everyone abilities I'll put this order:

1. Kenpachi (A little obvious if you remember Unohana's words)
    2. Kyoraku (Can't see any Shinigami being stronger than him)
    3. Ukitake (Said to be in pair with Kyoraku but with poor health)
    4. Urahara (just with pure intellect I believe he should be one of the best)
    5. Yoruichi (we haven't even seen her shikai yet O.o)
    6. Shinji (he seems to be the vizard's leader, either he is the strongest of them or they respect him as a leader, he seems very cunning and powerful)

I believe that any captain who hasn't show his bankai yet can be considered very powerful.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, once again, the discussion started to focus too much on Byakuya which, I think, warrants its own thread, so I moved those posts to a new thread, you can continue the discussion in that thread. It's perfectly fine to compare individual characteristics of shinigami to make a point and defend your view but this thread is about the strength of shinigami in general.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Bonze (osho)
    2) Oetsu Nimaiya ( the dude who freaking created the shinigami sword)
    3) Captain commander yamamoto
    4) Tenjiro Kirinji
    5) Aizen

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4