Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is naruto worse without the akatsuki? ??

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is naruto worse without the akatsuki? ??

when i think about why naruto isnt as interesting as it once was
    and i read hoe many people on here bash part two of naruto

it makes me wonder why naruto is regressing in popularity

and one thing that keeps coming into my thoughts

naruto was just more interesting when the akatsuki was wreaking havoc

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: is naruto worse without the akatsuki? ??

I don't think it has anything to do with Akatsuki, but the quality of the story. Akatsuki just happened to provide quality, even Tobi until he became Obito or war started. Same with the character - he used to be interesting and good, but he became boring and one-dimensional, got worse. Akatsuki definitely helped the quality of Naruto, but lack of Akatsuki didn't hurt its quality.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Akatsuki certainly isn't the cause. The reasons for Naruto's decreasing popularity is how Kishimoto handles characters nowdays.

-The main-hero is regressing instead of growing (character wise, not power wise).
    -Side cast gets neglected and usually treated like unimportant, irrelevant shit.
    -Fights have gone from tactics to BÄMM! I got da bigga jutsu!
    -Several weakpoints in the plot like Tobito.

Add all of it together and people will start bitching. They are expecting better from Kishimoto because he has already done so in the past.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i just loved the personality of all of the akatsuki members
    they made part two of naruto so enjoyable

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto needs another chuunin exam to be interesting. That said, I've enjoyed bits and parts of the current naruto. The uchiha brothers manga chapters, the recent adventures of hashirama. Also I thought as we learned more about akatsuki they became less and less exciting. The war Orochimaru started was also very interesting and there were no akatsuki during that time.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the akatsuki immensly, it added a very stable sort of world dynamic, it was everyone vs akatsuki, and even after they were gone tobi still filled in the gap nicely, but since the start of the fourth war its just been downhill and thats because kishi tries too hard to please his fans with cheap fights by bringing back favourite characters rather than focusing on the story itself.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@otomo20

Well i don't know. I love the fact that we are finaly going to get Hashirama, Tobirama, Sarutobi and Minato back in action. Can't w8 for them to get to the battlefield.
    I also loved Madara and still do.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

M3J and LnDRash have it.

Part 2 is, almost, a different manga compared to part 1.
    Not just in power-levels and tactics (or lack of...) - but also in story.
    That isn't to say that part 2 lacked interesting things - sage mode for example - but it is just that if these had been introduced in part 1, they would have been done in a more interesting and subtle manner.

Part 1 had great prospects and Naruto and Sasuke's characters played off each other in a very organic and interesting way.
    - Naruto showing his ability to cope with being an outcast and trying to integrate with society - Sasuke, who was already accepted (if not semi-worshipped for his Uchiha traits) trying to escape his bonds in the society (as he believed they were holding him back).
    - Naruto working hard to gain the skills to prove his worth to Sasuke (and others) - Sasuke feeling inferior to Naruto's skills, refusing to accept Naruto (and making Naruto work even harder).
    - Naruto desperately trying to 'free' Sasuke from his path of hatred (and blaming Orochimaru, unfairly) - Sasuke willing to give up everything to follow someone he doesn't like, with the aim to get the power to kill his brother.
    etc. etc.

Part 1 was about Naruto and Sasuke (as well as the ninja world that they lived in) - Part 2 is about Senju vs Uchiha - with Naruto and Sasuke inserted wherever and whenever to keep the main narrative progressing.

Seriously, even though it lacked an end story (so to speak) or a main villain (unless you include Orochimaru? Who wasn't really a conventional villain (as he didn't care at all about the main character or world domination etc. etc.) part 1 was a much more interesting world than this part 2 cursed clan rubbish.

Akatsuki used to be a wild card - a third party between Naruto (et al.) and Sasuke (et Orochimaru/Kabuto/etc.). Now, as the main story-piece (via Tobi) they are much less exciting.

The manga took a nosedive after the introduction of Tobi and his mugentsukyomi Senjuchiha SOT6P nonsense...

-rant over-

Why is there no award for most enraged?!?

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, yes. Naruto is worse without the Akatsuki. That's the reason why many people believe the quality of the series went down from the Pain Invasion Arc and on. Now we're stuck with two pathetic "villains", Obito and Madara (sure power-wise he's the king...but as a villain\character .)

After the Pain Invasion\Kage summit arc, Kishimoto's writing was just horrible. He kept trolling us, ruining the story of the manga and taking the main theme of the manga, sitting it on fire and throwing it in our faces.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; April 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    In my opinion, yes. Naruto is worse without the Akatsuki. That's the reason why many people believe the quality of the series went down from the Pain Invasion Arc and on. Now we're stuck with two pathetic "villains", Obito and Madara (sure power-wise he's the king...but as a villain\character .)

After the Pain Invasion\Kage summit arc, Kishimoto's writing was just horrible. He kept trolling us, ruining the story of the manga and taking the main theme of the manga, sitting it on fire and throwing it in our face.
    i agree, its not the naruto is worse solely because the akatsuki is not around, there are several contributing factors to the decline of naruto

but one cannot argue that naruto was at its peak in part two , when the akatsuki was providing great, compelling villains who not only caused massive chaos, but also had

great personalities and always made the story more interesting

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Akatsuki certainly isn't the cause. The reasons for Naruto's decreasing popularity is how Kishimoto handles characters nowdays.

-The main-hero is regressing instead of growing (character wise, not power wise).
    -Side cast gets neglected and usually treated like unimportant, irrelevant shit.
    -Fights have gone from tactics to BÄMM! I got da bigga jutsu!
    -Several weakpoints in the plot like Tobito.

Add all of it together and people will start bitching. They are expecting better from Kishimoto because he has already done so in the past.
    i guess i wasnt very clear

i didnt intend to come accross as saying that the akatsuki not being around was the sole reason for narutos decline
    i just meant to say that naruto was more interesting when they were around

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with Akatsuki, but the quality of the story. Akatsuki just happened to provide quality, even Tobi until he became Obito or war started. Same with the character - he used to be interesting and good, but he became boring and one-dimensional, got worse. Akatsuki definitely helped the quality of Naruto, but lack of Akatsuki didn't hurt its quality.
    tobi was awesome when he was diedra's side kick

some of my favorite memories from naruto where tobi trolling deidra and the two of them getting in to it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually of the opinion Naruto as a manga was at its peak during the land of waves arc...

Nothing Kishimto threw at us over the years came even close to moving me as much as Naruto's interaction with Zabuza... not even Jmans death.

Now look at the mess we have... Haku/Zabuza/Jman... one could really emphasize with those characters during their final moments. And Neji..? When Juubi impaled him most people where like "Hm yeah... whatever", including myself... and thats despite the fact this guy once used to be my favorite character.

Kishomoto is like Hanzou... he seems to have lost his touch at some point.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm i disagree, in my opinion the pein invasion was the peak of the series, i am not one of the part 2 naruto bashers

yes i agree that as a whole part one was probably slightly better, but pat two was epic up until this war arc

just my opinion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it peaked somewhere with the akatsuki. I got my second favorite character from their bit, the show reveal of each member. The climax with pain. Aaaah those where the days.
    Meh

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how naruto was better with Akatsuki. I mean yes they were strong and had unique abilites, but it also made naruto very predictable. It was like okay who's next to die in akatsuki. They were treated as stepping stones and mile stones for the rookies, and the majority of them were dumb down to show growth for weak characters. Kisame and Itachi should still be alive.... Just on opposite teams.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    For me it peaked somewhere with the akatsuki. I got my second favorite character from their bit, the show reveal of each member. The climax with pain. Aaaah those where the days.
    agreed, i still get chill bumps when i watch the anime episode "explode sage mode"
    and the following episodes

the current arc is ok, but no where near that epic, anime or manga

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I don't see how naruto was better with Akatsuki. I mean yes they were strong and had unique abilites, but it also made naruto very predictable. It was like okay who's next to die in akatsuki. They were treated as stepping stones and mile stones for the rookies, and the majority of them were dumb down to show growth for weak characters. Kisame and Itachi should still be alive.... Just on opposite teams.
    i will agree that those two should be alive, the story was better with them
    kisame was a true shinobi, as was itachi

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast