Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who are the 10 Great Master of Murim

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker Who are the 10 Great Master of Murim

as the title suggest as far as the Breaker and the Breaker New Waves go only got 2 out of 10 great masters name and those are

1. Jae-Kyu Kwon - Elder of Sunwoo Clan
    2. Ju Sang-Sik - Heung-In Hospital
    3. Han Chun Woo - well he killed a lot of School Masters maybe he is even in the #1 spot
    4. Kang Sung - he earned the title 3 Arts Dragon

we can also speculate that the Elder Council of MMA has Great Masters in there too

like those people in the image

if you count them from left to right
    1. the guy who got his head chopped by BOT GMR - got 1 hit kill by GMR and head flies
    2. same as the first 1 but his head was crushed by GMR's punch - got 1 hit kill by GMR haha
    3.Te-Ul - Head of North Star School - he could be
    4. unknown? (the one with long hair in the middle of Te-ul and Jang Mung Kwon)
    5. Jang Mung Kwon - Head of the Hogi Clan - he could be
    6. Hak Jang Song - killed by GMR's Soul Crushing Strike - nope died by SCS? no sh*t
    7. Former MMA Head (he is the Head of MMA but no one know's his name?) - he could be
    8. Jae Myong-Cho - Head of Iron Fist School (killed by GMR) - not Great Master Material

and i really don't see Yae- Won Head of Artist Society and Chundomoon Head (#4 maybe?)

but if people said that the people who was killed by GMR are not a Great Master Material well GMR is also a Great Master Material maybe he is even on the #1 spot

so what do you guys think?
    Last edited by kidopitz27; November 22, 2013 at 09:33 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10 Great Master of Murim

No, i don´t think that GMR is even among the 10 Masters because that would require him being accepted and approved by the Murim.
    Furthermore, i fear that we will not get to know all of the 10 Masters since world-building was never a strong suit of The Breaker.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As was said, it is impossible for Chunwoo to be one of the Ten Grand Masters of Murim, because 1) Chunwoo was never officially recognized by Murim as having attained Goomoonryong status, and 2) Chunwoo himself does not consider himself a formal part of the world of Murim now.

Also, that picture and that list is only of Moonjoo's, or Clan Leaders. Being Moonjoo does not equate to being a Grand Master, because there are a lot more than ten Moonjoo's.

We only know three the Ten Grand Masters currently. The doctor that has appeared in recent chapters, Elder Kwon, and the retired Moonjoo of the Chundomoon--the old man by the pond that always gives So Chun Hyuk advice in back flashes.

The former MAA Head, and Kang Sung now as well may also be Grand Masters, but that has never been mentioned. As of now, we only know those three I mentioned.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

as i said we can speculate that someone in those school/clan has 1 out of the 10 great masters of murim so i was referring members of a school that includes the head it's just a speculations and theories but still those people are strong and some of them got killed by GMR which in Murim standards GMR shook the foundation of the murim world

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

in that photo we can see 11 (10 + 1/2) people also Elder Kwon is not in that pic right ? did ghost doc is in that pic ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that photo was during the time of GMR retrospecting right? so I would highly doubt that the masters there will be the same top 10 atm in Murim. Many will already be dead or replaced

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    in that photo we can see 11 (10 + 1/2) people also Elder Kwon is not in that pic right ? did ghost doc is in that pic ?
    not in there even the head of Artist Society is not there or Chundomoon head either those people are too busy to go there or they are not a member of the Elder Council of MMA

Elder Kwon is not there because they hate MMA

the Ghost Hand Doctor is close to the government that the murim because they are the royal court physicians

4 or 5 on the image are dead that includes the former MMA Chief

maybe the previous murim elders/master died in the hands of Unwol when he showed BOT
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yae-Won (Sera's master) is probably one of the 10 Grandmasters, imo: http://thebreaker.wikia.com/wiki/Yae-won

She was called: "One of the old monsters" by Goomoonryong... so I'd put her in the same league as Kwon (him too can be rightfully considered "one of the old monsters", ain't that right?

The Ghost Doctor is a very old monster too, so I believe they're pretty much all very old and absurdly powerful.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

most of them if not all will over 60 years old. and if someone is young he/she will be 40+.

i think 9AD will not count in "10 Great Master of Murim" because he is out of system

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think in the murim world old martial artist means more experience and more knowledgeable to things and even if you look at the Five and the BFD all of them are old

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i think in the murim world old martial artist means more experience and more knowledgeable to things and even if you look at the Five and the BFD all of them are old
    in real life old means u r weak, body part didnt work 100% etc but in manga/manhwa old means one of strongest

for ex
    one piece - WB, garp, Sengoku, Rayleigh ect
    bleach - Yamamoto
    old but strongest

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The top ten strongest are all old grand masters because of the way internal martial arts work.

The basis of internal martial arts is ki. First is ki cultivation--doing breathing exercises to absorb ki and store it in the ki center. Second is ki circulation--doing breathing exercises to move ki through the meridians, cleaning them out to improve natural ki flow, and expanding them so that more ki can flow through them. The longer you do these exercises every day, the more ki you accumulate in your ki center, and the stronger your ki flow becomes.

This is in addition to the vast experience that comes with doing physical movements every day, being in countless battles over the decades, and thoroughly mastering techniques to their highest level. That all takes time, so even if a 20 something might have fresh and good muscles, an old man who has practiced for hours every day for 60+ years will naturally be far stronger in ki, skill, and even in body.
    Last edited by Ketsurou; May 12, 2013 at 09:37 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Yae-Won (Sera's master) is probably one of the 10 Grandmasters, imo: http://thebreaker.wikia.com/wiki/Yae-won

She was called: "One of the old monsters" by Goomoonryong... so I'd put her in the same league as Kwon (him too can be rightfully considered "one of the old monsters", ain't that right?

The Ghost Doctor is a very old monster too, so I believe they're pretty much all very old and absurdly powerful.
    I agree with that, I think sera's master is one of the top ten grandmasters, GMR couldnt even touch her when he faced her and those two other masters. You could also tell she was of a higher class because GMR easily took care of the other two.
    And as far as OP's post, I dont think the masters in the pic represent the top ten grand masters. These guys are regular top master class, not "Grandmaster" level like kwon and elder DOC who's trying to molest Shioon right now...Hence why GMR could somehow fight on their levels and own most of them with mid to high difficulty...

I think we'll slowly start seeing most of the top ten GRAND masters after kwon and old DOC's skirmish when kwon comes to get Shioon. I dont think they'll be a full fight between them, but they might mention names which might introduce at least one more grand master for the future.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the "Top10" designation are for the elders of the Murim. It's an honorary position for those that distinguished themselves for strength and wisdom. They dont have to be Munju's. The munju's can be figureheads like what was initially planned for Shioon, or Sosul who was initially powerless.

By the way, does anyone know the difference between a Gaju and a Munju?
    At first I thought it might be a difference of inheritance vs other ways of getting the position but that got ruled out along the way. Now I think they are interchangeable. I hope someone can explain it.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder who chooses the top ten great/grand (is there a difference?) masters of Murim? What's the procedure, rules and so on?

What happens if one of them dies? I mean, do they keep the title until their death? If so, then nobody in the Murim can get the title in the current story even if she/he is at that level.

Or is there some kind of selection after a certain period, let's say every 5 or 10 years?

I know those are a lot of questions, which are most likely not really relevant, but I'm a curious person.

As for the thread, I think Sera's master and Kang Sung are among the 10 great masters of Murim. So-Chun Hyuk's master was probably also hold the title. Chun-Woo Han is definitely not of them.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast