Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: What is your "End" vision of Monkey D. Luffy as the Pirate King

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your "End" vision of Monkey D. Luffy as the Pirate King

I'm creating this thread for speculation on various topics pertaining to Luffy specifically...

1 - Level of his techniques
    2 - Size of his crew
    3 - Haki Development
    4 - What will it take for Luffy to get here
    5 - How will the world view him

and other various things that can fit in here...

Luffy has to defeat people who are basically gods, his level is promising at the moment but we can see many areas he needs to improve... but once it happens and Luffy becomes the Pirate King he will be above The Admirals, The Yonkou, The Silver Medalist, The Revolutionaries, The Shichibukai, The Supernovas... To be able to surpass them all is to be Pirate King... in my opinion anyway... how about you guys what's your end vision...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your "End" vision of Monkey D. Luffy as the Pirate King

I expect Luffy to develop some sort of life shortening technique. Since the time skip started we have not seen Luffy use a fully powered Gear Second where he pumps from his legs. I hope that will be what puts him at Admiral/Yonkou level. Luffy's full power will be revealed against a top tier character. I don't think he needs new techniques, just a very powerful Gear Second and Third combo. Strength-wise there shouldn't be too many pirates on par or stronger than him. The same goes for his speed.

I would like to see him to defeat all of the admirals starting with Kizaru. I really can't wait to see Luffy punch him in the face. After he defeats his first admiral then he will gain Yonkou level fame. I'm not sure if he should become a Yonkou himself but it would help his goal greatly. Luffy absolutely has to be the strongest pirate by the end of the manga. I honestly think it would be romantic if he died at the end as well.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; April 27, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I'm creating this thread for speculation on various topics pertaining to Luffy specifically...

2 - Size of his crew
    3 - Haki Development

and other various things that can fit in here...

Luffy has to defeat people who are basically gods, his level is promising at the moment but we can see many areas he needs to improve... but once it happens and Luffy becomes the Pirate King he will be above The Admirals, The Yonkou, The Silver Medalist, The Revolutionaries, The Shichibukai, The Supernovas... To be able to surpass them all is to be Pirate King... in my opinion anyway... how about you guys what's your end vision...
    Revolutionaries didnt have any connection with pirates i mean to become pirate king someone didnt have to surpass Revolutionaries.

in end luffy will become most powerful fighter zoro will no 1 swordsman. world government will b destroyed. human and fishman will have good relationship. slave business would have ended etc

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post

2 - Size of his crew
    3 - Haki Development
    Will be on a high level, but not so high. He'll win many of his fights by persevering and not giving up for the sake of the things and people he protects, as well as dreams.

Won't be too big, IMO. It'd probably be around 12-18 people at most?

Will be very powerful with haki and probably take conqueror's haki further than most have ever taken it, if not to new heights. I definitely think conqueror's haki will be more than what it has displayed.

Fights, alliances, and friendships. He'll be in plenty of fights, but he'll earn respect. He'll also make alliances with many people because of his actions, whether selfish or not. And he'll make numerous friends, especially because of who he is. They'll all support him, and this will probably inspire him to fight harder and better to win.

Majority of the world will likely see him as an evil pirate while a very good percentage of those who have met or known him will see him and his crew as good people, if not great. He'll also be widely respected, especially if he shares his dream and definition of a pirate king, and if it gets out the good deeds he's done. Not totally sure though. Depends on where Oda takes this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll only speak about strenght :
    He will be able to do with his gear 2+3 a Mega explosive punch able to destroy Islands.
    And since he'll be (after defeating Kaidou) the strongest man in the world, and surely the fastest, he will be above on the very top, maybe stronger than Roger.

Luffy's Gomu Gomu abilities makes him a fighter with very good combos and close combat skills. By mastering it and upgrading his strenght, he will became Pirate King.
    His King's disposition will also improve, since he's not able yet to break through wood.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that he would have developed a final gear technique, but I'm not sure since he has what he needs with 2nd and 3rd. I do expect more Ace themed moves though and more explosive techniques. More animal themed techniques as well. I also think he has something special in store for both Blackbeard and Akainu. I'm also sure he will equal or surpass his grandfather's strength.

Probably 2 or 3 more crew members will join, including Jinbe(if something doesn't happen to him by then)

Full body armament Vergo style combined with Gear Second, which in itself could probably be another gear. I also like M3J's idea on taking conqueror's haki to new heights.

Refer to Mihawks quote about Luffy's most dangerous ability for the answer to question 4.

I honestly think that the world will know Luffy as the man with the most freedom who revealed the truth and he will be known as the man who took on the Government and won. The Pirate King title will just be a "formality" for lack of a better term. And if a theory I read is right he will be the man who
    Spoiler show

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shenduk's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

He will have to change a lot until then. I won't be surprised if the New World takes many more chapters than the first half of Grand Line to be completed.

First, I wish it takes time. I don't know about you guys, but I think it's rather ridiculous to have a 19 years old as Pirate King. A timeskip could occur, but not mandatorily. The passage of time could be gradual but indicated in the story.

His appearance, following the passage of time, should change too, of course.
    We see that in the story, people who are stronger are capable of growing taller, as if the body "feels" that it can sustain more height, given the genetics for it to grow more. I don't want Luffy becoming a 3 m tall behemoth, but a normal tall height would be cool. Symbolic if he achieves or surpasses 185 cm (Ace's height). Facial hair and different clothes are welcome too. Maybe he'll gain more scars, based on next events.

As abilities and powers go, I expect him to use new Gomu Gomu no Mi techniques in creative ways. I expect him to master it to a Reed Richards level, being able to stretch and move, not only stretch and hit others with rebounds. Haki abilities should be much of an usual thing, I believe. I just think Oda shouldn't always paint it black for reader to understand. We should be able to start deducing the characters used, after the demonstrations he gave us.

Many will hate me for this, but I don't think there should be more crew members. The people who already entered are symbolic, as they're all in the crew since before the timeskip. But the Strawhats should have lots of allies, people who travel with them occasionally and friends from other crews or places.

And for how the world will see him... it'll depend on the story, but it'll fit if he's seen as a fearsome pirate. After all, he chose to be a pirate, not a hero!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy may continue where Gol D. Roger left off. I get the feeling, Oda will reveal more of what Roger discovered and did before this manga ends.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

overthrown world government
    peace between good pirates and marines
    no more yonko
    gives shanks his hat back ( or gives it to another young promissing pirate to continue the tradition)
    buys a ton of meat with the little bit of treasure that nami lets him keep
    his techniques will be unrivaled, haki so good hes basically a god and one or two more cre members
    he will be the hero who over threw the celestial dragons

New Reply