Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 143 Discussion/144 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 143 Discussion/144 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    I depends, if Leesoo is filled with rage, as Androssi was, he wont notice...
    Maybe, but Lessoo is a lot more intelligent. If he had witnessed what Androssi has, his whole face and his trademark technique, I don't doubt he would have connected the dots already. Compared to that door test in part one, this would be easy. Honestly, I don't see how this game would end without anyone from old team having at least some suspicions that Viole is Baam. Anak is gone, Androssi is who knows where, Hatsu is busy or defeated. It only leaves Laure and Leesoo (that big read haired is still not confirmed as Amigochaz) and Leesoo is here, now, fighting Baam.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed this chapter because it finally showed what Leesoo was planning. I actually think his strategy was perfect and i still have no idea if he has some sort of locator or something because so far we have no idea who might be their team Light's Bearer (possibly Vespa, Verdi or Aleksai look-alike) but Vespa seems to be a spear bearer/fisherman. I'm actually wondering at this point if he rushed in without any LB (Light Bearer) considering FUG's member were all in the building.

Anyways, the plan of having Anak Zahard rushing and messing up with people was smart. Considering her strenght and her 4 baangs as well, she would have eventually beat Ran and Novick too. Unfortunately, they didn't expect Viole to come in at this specific moment.

As for the combo Vespa-Ship-Laure, it was simply brilliant, Vespa attacking Yuto while Leesoo was giving coordinates for Laure to snipe Yuto, simply genius. Vespa seemed to be equal to Yuto and even a bit superior (especially when she teleported herself right behind him, it clearly shows she was holding back as well) but i guess Leesoo didn't want to waste any time on this specially when the places on Archimedes are so limited, things need to be done really fast especially when it's a fight against FUG, it's better to go all out from the beggining. Laure seems way stronger than before, his shinsoo shots seems to be equal (or even superior) to what Viole was doing in the regular test at the beggining of the season 2.

The only thing that probably didn't go well was Hatsu's fight vs Cassano where relaxing his guard caused him to be sent on Archimedes. At least he got lucky that Cassano wants to have a fair rematch possibly later in the tournament.

I still wonder what caused the explosion that distracted Hatsu, seeing how things turned out I believe Reflejo met with Aleksai look alike. This would explain why he didn't show up yet.

Verdi still makes me laugh, she's chilling while her teammates are fighting. I wonder if Wangnan is going to attempt something and where Koon did run off too. One thing's for sure Rak was watching someone, was he watching Viole running or Koon?

I think Horyang met Sophia this would explain why he still isn't here. Viole came sooner than expected so Androssi might not be this far. The fact that Xia Xia didn't locate Laure was probably because he was out of her LB's range and this i guess was part of Leesoo's plan as well.

I wonder what Vespa has in her honey bowl. Again one of those chapters that makes us ask more questions but there's still 2 more chapters left before the break so i hope SIU is going to surprise us!

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bob sagit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    I still wonder what caused the explosion that distracted Hatsu, seeing how things turned out I believe Reflejo met with Aleksai look alike. This would explain why he didn't show up yet.

I think Horyang met Sophia this would explain why he still isn't here. Viole came sooner than expected so Androssi might not be this far. The fact that Xia Xia didn't locate Laure was probably because he was out of her LB's range and this i guess was part of Leesoo's plan as well.

I wonder what Vespa has in her honey bowl. Again one of those chapters that makes us ask more questions but there's still 2 more chapters left before the break so i hope SIU is going to surprise us!
    about that explosion... was that the tower that Koon was in a while back, or is it Androssi getting closer to the action? You can see the tower in the background here
    Spoiler show

...and i just wanted to add that I'm a bit surprised that there are ONLY two chapters left, even with SIU's bad wrist
    All hail Lelouch
    Spoiler show

Always try to be a 'Sir'

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob sagit View Post
    about that explosion... was that the tower that Koon was in a while back, or is it Androssi getting closer to the action? You can see the tower in the background here
    Spoiler show

...and i just wanted to add that I'm a bit surprised that there are ONLY two chapters left, even with SIU's bad wrist
    Well, the only members of FUG left not dealt with are Xia Xia and Riflejo. Cassano's battle's over, so whether he's sent himself up or not, I don't know. Baam's informed Novick of some plan, whether it's his relationship with Leesoo's team or something else, so Novick's no longer in the way either. Horyang doesn't appear to be around, so...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, the only members of FUG left not dealt with are Xia Xia and Riflejo. Cassano's battle's over, so whether he's sent himself up or not, I don't know. Baam's informed Novick of some plan, whether it's his relationship with Leesoo's team or something else, so Novick's no longer in the way either. Horyang doesn't appear to be around, so...
    Riflejo will probably show up when everything gets too happy only to ruin the mood
    If Leesoo recognizes Baam I bet he will show up from nowhere xD

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ey how about the fact that Wangnan is as pitiful as Baam? eh?

He and the hero of the story share that fate: that they have no reason to climb the tower other than being with friends... At least it was valid about Baam when he was not betrayed by Rachel yet.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I thought you were talking about this guy:

Spoiler show

He/she should be Bonbon.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

LaFa from Batoto posted his translation of SIU's note about the chapter:
    Wasn't it shown that Bonbon was some sort of fairy or something? I agree that it should make an appearance before the fighting ends but those eyes just scream "Rakleader" to me, and it would be fairly random for him to appear out of nowhere at the tourney without making some sort of appearance here. Besides, I thought the whole point of Bonbon was for other people to find it and shoot it, it would be pretty weird for something like that to be actively following someone they have no connection to.

I'm pretty disappointed about Yuto tbh, after all the effort SIU took to hide his face and make him a mystery, he gets beaten in his first battle. Granted it wasn't really 1v1 but I guess I just expected more.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    There's still a fair bit to clear up. There's the whole issue with Androssi and the robot, Refeljo, where Horyang is, Wangnan rescuing prince and miseng, Bonbon most likely showing up, maybe another apperance from Rak, etc. I doubt all of that can be cleared up in 2 chapters, maybe he just meant the FUG vs S1 fight itself.
    Last edited by abc1233; May 05, 2013 at 07:23 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Wasn't it shown that Bonbon was some sort of fairy or something? I agree that it should make an appearance before the fighting ends but those eyes just scream "Rakleader" to me, and it would be fairly random for him to appear out of nowhere at the tourney without making some sort of appearance here. Besides, I thought the whole point of Bonbon was for other people to find it and shoot it, it would be pretty weird for something like that to be actively following someone they have no connection to.
    It's Raleader. :P

I'm pretty disappointed about Yuto tbh, after all the effort SIU took to hide his face and make him a mystery, he gets beaten in his first battle. Granted it wasn't really 1v1 but I guess I just expected more.
    Yeah, I think we all kind of were.

There's still a fair bit to clear up. There's the whole issue with Androssi and the robot, Refeljo, where Horyang is, Wangnan rescuing prince and miseng, Bonbon most likely showing up, maybe another apperance from Rak, etc. I doubt all of that can be cleared up in 2 chapters, maybe he just meant the FUG vs S1 fight itself.
    I suppose. The afterword for last chapter said that SIU didn't want to take a break before this game was over and the game appears to be just about over, as the main focus was FUG vs Leesoo's team. Maybe we'll get two long chapters, quick explanations for the remaining things and it'll be a wrap. We'll see in the next few weeks.

I think it should be more like four chapters, but SIU may want to hurry it up. We also ended up with a seemingly pointless battle as no one lost out.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; May 05, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, yep, xD.
    As you've mentioned, the battle wasn't really fair, though.
    It was Yuto vs Vespa + Wave Controller from outside (Laure?) + Lee Soo + Whoever followed Lee Soo's orders to use the drill.
    I think he/she held his/her own pretty well.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

All we know about Bonbon is this:

Spoiler show

So, no other connection is required to meet Bonbon than to be a competitor in the current game, as it happens to Koon. Also, those two panels didn't show anybody actively following Koon. It could be that in his race to help Wangnan Koon just crossed in front of those red eyes; nothing more.

And sure, it would be really great to see Rak again. But he doesn't have to appear now. Bonbon appearing now makes much more sense to me. Because, we can see Rak any time and in a random corner of this city, or in the archimedes or even in the following floors; but for Bonbon, this seems to be the last chance she has to appear.
    Last edited by ukimix; May 06, 2013 at 08:38 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Short chapter u.u battle development, which was a little boring but anyways good.

Anak yelling at Viole was sad to me, poor Baam... hearing from one of his friends that it will be killed. Novick as some said, has been asked to be an outsider but the reason to keep Xia Xia in silence is that i can't think, i'm sure she listened despite the whisper.

Laure's underground, Leesoo coordinates the attacks and Vespa goes for the distracting, good strategy. Yuto is shit after all, guess he's only Reflejo's dog. I like it his weapon though, recalls from the Sith of Star Wars' first movie.

Wangnam is indeed the comedy quote from this chapter, but i didn't laugh at all. I expecting problems to Koon, i'm tired of seeing him ordering... that red-eyes creature isn't Rak, Rak wouldn't appear from shadows, he's so great that everyone has to know that he's here

Regular chapter to me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Laure's underground, Leesoo coordinates the attacks and Vespa goes for the distracting, good strategy. Yuto is shit after all, guess he's only Reflejo's dog. I like it his weapon though, recalls from the Sith of Star Wars' first movie.
    How is he shit if he was fighting against 3 people at once for a decent amount of time? Guess you didin't think this through

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    How is he shit if he was fighting against 3 people at once for a decent amount of time? Guess you didin't think this through
    We're talking about FUG people, man. The ones who wants to kill the king of the Tower' systems.
    If Reflejo and Yuto appeared from nowhere, it means someone send them to join Viole, just like Yu Han Sung planned to get Baam into FUG or contract Apple and the other to kill Koon and getting Rachel again, something will happen at the end, more than just helping Viole to keep all his friends alive by losing a test.
    I'm sure Xia Xia will be the flaw in the plan of this mastermind in the shadows.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

those eyes stalking koon looked alot like Rak's when he was the baby gator.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy train of thoughts...

FUG people, or at least that part of FUG who separated Viole from Wangnan&co, should have to be worried in the face of current events. Their objective was, in the previous arc, to provide Viole with a team strong enough to accomplish his mission, namely to kill all major Tower heads. But, ey! if you subtract Viole of that team, current events have shown that some Leesoo's team are strong enough to match them. What would happen if Viole doesn't arrive? Well, we know Hatzu was strong enought to hit and hurt Cassano, and it's difficult to know what happens to both of them, but at least he offer Cassano a hard fight. Yuto was clearly beaten by Vespa, Leesoo and Laurie. Ok, still we haven't seem Reflejo, possibly the strongest one among FUG team, but also we haven't seen Androssi and Verdi in a direct fight against FUG people; and I don't think it would be an easy task for Reflejo to take care of both ladies at once. Anak would have beaten Ran with out Viole's intervention, but Ran was not in the original team planned by Fug, so, in the end Ran has been extra-help to the intended original FUG team; would he be there, FUG would have to face Androssi+Verdi+Anak+....

Now, lets suppose I exaggerate. If FUG could beat Leesoo's team, something that now seems to us very hard to predict, it would have to be at least a tight victory. But FUG supportive team is aimed to help Viole to climb all the other floors until the top. If those are the problems FUG team is facing just in 30f, they don't look capable to give Viole the support (they say) he will need in all the other floors and tests he needs to take to reach the top of the tower.

Thinking about the plot plan to give Viole a FUG team... We assume Viole will have to reach the top of the tower. But the current events make me think that FUG will be no much longer with Viole. A possibility, (still ongoing) was that FUG team were strong enough to eliminate Androssi and all the other Baam's friends from S1. That would turn the story in a even darker one, with Viole struggling to make sense of his life in a world that would have taken most of his beloved friends, and in some sense being captive of certain organization who aims to kill Zahard, etc... But the one shot game makes me think that will not happen, and we will see Androssi and the other friends much more in the future.

Viole doesn't care much about what FUG team could think about him being loyal to his old friends. He clearly 'disobey' what would be the perfect strategy for Xia, and whispers a plan to Novick in front of her (eyes/ears). FUG menace was: "if you don't go with us we will kill you're old friends. They have now this ring-device which could take their lives right now if you doesn't help us...". Nobody would be comfortable in such a position. And Viole now has meet his old friends. What could be his objective right now? What would be a better position for him, a more comfortable one, now that he has met them? Let me add, what would he wants, given that he is as pitiful as Wangnan in wanting to be with his friends? I would say: to remove the ring-device and to meet again with the old friends. FUG (all its factions) is the only obstacle, and he wants to remove that obstacle. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this arc, Viole is no more with a FUG member; even if he keeps wanting to kill Zahard or to destroy the system (something we still ignore).

Luckily this arc is not just about S1 characters vs S2 characters. On the contrary, the arc is gifting us with more world-building. The Workshop has to have some future nice surprises to us. It's a major organization. It has developed some interesting items (what will be their plan in regards to Cassano and Horyang? To fuse them together?). It aims to recreate the creation (what's up with Emile and the human who is the prize of the tourney?). And, as was foretold by SIU, someone very powerful is coming. This additional entrance of interesting plot lines, is also a big sign for FUG. In the face of them, FUG plot line could become an old and much used one. Again, possibly we will see them in the future arcs, but not as some additional stars accompanying Viole in his journey, but instead in the shadows, as it has been before.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast