Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Orochimaru reach the ultimate goal? Final antagonist?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Orochimaru reach the ultimate goal? Final antagonist?

So, thnx to badluckartist latest post in the discussions thread I got thinking about good olé Oro.
    He was the first in this manga that wished to be able to use every single jutsu. It was his very driving force to begin with and because of that he sought immortality. Now this was way back when the sage had not entered the stage and the reveal of how the ri'negan could be obtained.

In this chapter:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/620/13
    They made a point out of Orochimaru being practically all senju by now since he has obtained a ton of Hashirama cells to contruct his body with.
    Orochimaru no longer need Sasukes body, in fact it would probably be a downgrade from what he could get, which is a pair of Sharingan.
    With this he could activate the Rin'negan and possibly become csomething along the lines of the SO6P (but probably weaker).

It has also been stated that Orochimaru had changed his plans, on the surface it is to help Sasuke but when has he really been interested in helping anyone? I think his endgame is a pair of Rin'negan that would allow him to become the shinobi he always wanted to be.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Orochimaru reach the ultimate goal? Final antagonist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    So, thnx to badluckartist latest post in the discussions thread I got thinking about good olé Oro.
    He was the first in this manga that wished to be able to use every single jutsu. It was his very driving force to begin with and because of that he sought immortality. Now this was way back when the sage had not entered the stage and the reveal of how the ri'negan could be obtained.

In this chapter:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/620/13
    They made a point out of Orochimaru being practically all senju by now since he has obtained a ton of Hashirama cells to contruct his body with.
    Orochimaru no longer need Sasukes body, in fact it would probably be a downgrade from what he could get, which is a pair of Sharingan.
    With this he could activate the Rin'negan and possibly become csomething along the lines of the SO6P (but probably weaker).

It has also been stated that Orochimaru had changed his plans, on the surface it is to help Sasuke but when has he really been interested in helping anyone? I think his endgame is a pair of Rin'negan that would allow him to become the shinobi he always wanted to be.

I've been wondering about Orochimaru ever since chapter 627. I kept on telling myself that he's become good or 'not-bad' however it just didn't feel right. Personally I hope your prediction is closer to what will happen in the manga.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be epic to see oro some how use edo tensei or something to absorb the powers of madara and the 4 hokages
    and become the ultimate villian for sasuke and naruto to defeat

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Since he magically decided to follow Sasuke, it's not far to stretch out that he'll even become good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...himaru-related

Orochimaru may turn good for a portion of this next arc, but he has no business becoming PERMANENTLY good for the remainder of the series.

WHY?

look at all the sacrifices he went through his entire life to achieve his "goal" (safe to say, to become/control so6p = learn all/master of jutsu)

why would he TURN BACK on all of that?

it makes no sense for him to do a 180 even though we have seen naruto's talk-no-jutsu bring out the good in those we considered villains. Orochimaru is not evil in the sense of wanting control and power, but his evil comes from thirst of knowledge which forces him to do what we may consider "evil" to obtain his goal
    Last edited by YEEKUZA; April 29, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is if he had an Uchiha body with Sharingan eyes, all he would need to do is stealing some of Hashiramas DNA, which is basically smeared across the battlefield left and right. But since he has a Senju body now, he would need to get his hands on a living pair of Sharingan eyes, which literally means he would have to poke them out of either Sasuke's or Obito's head... I just don't see that happening.

Of course he could also find the ones stored in Obito's hideout... but I doubt Kishi even remembers about that by now. It also took Madara close to an entire lifetime to do the transmission from EMS -> Rinnegan, so how long would Orochimaru need if he has to start off on some random run of the mill Sharingan from Obito's aquarium collection?

Right now I can't immagine a way for Orochimaru to become the main antagonist again without some major asspull no jutsu involved.
    Last edited by LnDRash; April 29, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so, why else would he be brought back into the series?

Orochimaru was the first big anatagonist and it would be fitting if he was the last, plus it would be lame if his only purpose now was to bring back the former hokages then sit on the sideline, he is too big a character for that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YEEKUZA View Post
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...himaru-related

Orochimaru may turn good for a portion of this next arc, but he has no business becoming PERMANENTLY good for the remainder of the series.

WHY?

look at all the sacrifices he went through his entire life to achieve his "goal" (safe to say, to become/control so6p = learn all/master of jutsu)

why would he TURN BACK on all of that?

it makes no sense for him to do a 180 even though we have seen naruto's talk-no-jutsu bring out the good in those we considered villains. Orochimaru is not evil in the sense of wanting control and power, but his evil comes from thirst of knowledge which forces him to do what we may consider "evil" to obtain his goal
    in part, i believe he knows he cannot defeat sasuke now, and after observing kabuto, he realizes the error of his ways, that doesnt mean hes going to be teaching genin's at the academy any time soon, but perhaps orochimaru has given up on crushing the leaf and becoming imortal as of now

the bigger question to me is now since he was revived via cursed mark, is he a true body, or does his jutsu of stealing peoples bodies still factor in,

in otherwords, is his current body temporary or permanent? its almost like a reincarnated body that came directly from the chaakra he left in the cursed mark, so in my opinion it would be a permanent body.....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with everyone claiming Orochimaru has "turned good". He's explained to Suigetsu and Sarutobi both what he's doing. He's simply curious. Just because he's not ruining people's lives doesn't mean he's a good guy. It's just that Sasuke's different path has him questioning choices he's made, aswell as Kabuto's choices.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I disagree with everyone claiming Orochimaru has "turned good". He's explained to Suigetsu and Sarutobi both what he's doing. He's simply curious. Just because he's not ruining people's lives doesn't mean he's a good guy. It's just that Sasuke's different path has him questioning choices he's made, aswell as Kabuto's choices.
    i agree, he hasnt "turned good" but he respects sasuke, and honestly once again, i believe he realizes he cannot defeat sasuke

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    I think so, why else would he be brought back into the series?

Orochimaru was the first big anatagonist and it would be fitting if he was the last, plus it would be lame if his only purpose now was to bring back the former hokages then sit on the sideline, he is too big a character for that.
    i think kishi did state that this war would be the last arc

i would love for a somehow powered up oro to become the final antagonist

that would give this manga one final chance to become seriously epic again

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah
    This manga is over, I can't see Oro being a villain anymore, I can't see any villain after this honestly, not for a long period, decades or even more

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if Madara isn't the final villain then Oro definitely will be. In retrospect he's the driving force of the series in some degree (he and Madara) and also connects the past present and future generations of the shinobi independently. His lackey was probably the reason the war got this far successfully. I also see a lot of similarities between madara and oro's ideology, with orochimaru being at the point madara was right before he finally left the village.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I mostly find it interesting how a uchiha body now is a downgrade. Before it was the kaguya or uchiha that were the best options but oro for some reason didn't think of obtaining just a regular pair of sharingan. This could very well be because he didn't know how to awaken the rinnegan before but now he fits like hand in glove for an eye transplant.
    Also is it just me or does the sharingan come from the juubi, if so then why would it be turned into a rinnegan? Side note.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I mostly find it interesting how a uchiha body now is a downgrade. Before it was the kaguya or uchiha that were the best options but oro for some reason didn't think of obtaining just a regular pair of sharingan. This could very well be because he didn't know how to awaken the rinnegan before but now he fits like hand in glove for an eye transplant.
    Its infinitely more likely this is a consequence of countless retcons in combination with lack of careful thought from Kishimoto flowing into those said retcons.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Its infinitely more likely this is a consequence of countless retcons in combination with lack of careful thought from Kishimoto flowing into those said retcons.
    Yeah but I'd like to give him the benefit of a doubt. I too believe this is a product of bad writing but it at least is something that can easily be explained with one panel of dialogue.
    The uzumaki shrine though, I call bullshit on that one.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast