Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara

Title: Dokuhime
    Alternative Title: Poison Princess, La Princesse au Poison
    Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Josei, Romance, Tragedy
    Author/Artist: Mitsukazu Mihara
    Year: 2002
    Original Publisher: Asahi Shinbunsha
    Serialization: Nemuki (on-going)
    Summary:
    It starts with poisonous herbs under the cradle. Then under the sheets. And inside the clothes. Even mixed in the milk that they feed the newborn. This way the child gradually gets used to poisons and becomes the perfect assassination tool - the “Poison Princess” whose every kiss, tear, and even touch bring death. Her only chance of survival is to fulfill her duty as an assassin and find a way to live on in the enemy land she is sent to…if her heart is strong enough.

Personal Thoughts:
    A dark series. Well, it's josei. I'm still rather early though so I haven't seen much. The world of this series is dark and scary and sad where people constantly try to kill each other, I wonder what kind of happiness can born from it. And if there is any salvation for the princesses. Quite a great read, so to say.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Josei] Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara

I read only 2 chapters of this series and instantly stopped. Too many hopelessness and despair.

I prefer the other series about poisonous person, Apothecarius Argentum. In there, the poisonous person is a guy instead of a girl, it is also quite dark, but at least that story still has more hopes than this one. It has comedy for God's sake, but this one... this one... it can only make me despair.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Josei] Dokuhime by Mitsukazu Mihara

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I read only 2 chapters of this series and instantly stopped. Too many hopelessness and despair.

I prefer the other series about poisonous person, Apothecarius Argentum. In there, the poisonous person is a guy instead of a girl, it is also quite dark, but at least that story still has more hopes than this one. It has comedy for God's sake, but this one... this one... it can only make me despair.
    Post that series here!

Yeah, it's depressing right from the start that it surprised me since I haven't touched a series this sad from the beginning ever, I think, haha. So I'm reading it for the sake of knowing the end. I truly hope there will be some happiness, but given how things are going so far... Hardly possible, I guess.

The art is sometimes pretty sometimes not, but all has this scary effect that matches the plot very well. -___-

New Reply