Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mario by Masashi KISHIMOTO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mario by Masashi KISHIMOTO

Am I the only one thinking Kishi could become the next Inoue?? A Jump mangaka who goes on to be successful in Seinen as well. If this one-shot does get serialized when Naruto ends, I could see it as the next big thing in seinen.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

It was not good.Boring and badass scenes for no reason!Maybe he need some time after Naruto to create a good sh#t....
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Am I the only one thinking Kishi could become the next Inoue?? A Jump mangaka who goes on to be successful in Seinen as well. If this one-shot does get serialized when Naruto ends, I could see it as the next big thing in seinen.

Kishi is not good enough. He is good at creating characters but inoue is a better artist and story teller.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a mobster manga about actual mobsters { .......... I am shocked. Probably the best one shot I've read in recent times. Ofcourcse it was a bit choppy because of page limitations but I think it did a good enough job of both giving me a basic idea of what the story is about and also arousing my interest enough to want to read this if it were an actual series. Good job Kishi........

Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of Naruto or Kishi as a writer I wouldn't go out of my way to say Kishi isn't good enough or even to say that he can't accomplish something of greater value if he stepped up to the challenge of doing seinen. You never know, perhaps seinen turns out to be Kishi's actual strong suit.
    Last edited by capricorn; May 12, 2013 at 02:59 AM.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    That's not entirely correct. He drew the rough draft 15 years ago and only now actually turned it into a complete manuscript because he was asked to make a one-shot in SQ.

Ah good to know.. I'm not really a fan of Kishi so I don't know anything much about him |Doraku
    I recall that this work was what he was more interested in doing. It's been such a long time so I can't recall the details. The details might be buried in MH.

(Please read from right to left.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    I recall that this work was what he was more interested in doing. It's been such a long time so I can't recall the details. The details might be buried in MH.
    yes this is true. in a recent interview he mentioned that originally he wanted to do seinen not shounen. but the editor advised him to do something that can only be done while he is still young, and do seinen when he is older.

i love this editor. thanks to him kishi made the best shounen of all time. i have no doubt in his ability to become a great seinen writer
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the page in which he exaggerated about Mario

Spoiler show

P.S - Read the interview,you'll get it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wrote about the one shot at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/513...ashi-kishimoto

It really isn't the greatest manga story out there, but it does have a few life lessons as someone said earlier, Kishimoto's characters do shine.

Now it makes me wonder what if Tite Kubo did seinen.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the art is good, but who pulls a gun on some chick sitting on a see-saw just for kicks

no thanks, i mean a real gangster story with real gangsters and actual plot would be cool

but some loose cannon pussy who just pulls a gun on everyone for kicks, seems like a bad american movie

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2