Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 757

Thread: How strong is Sasuke?

  1. #166
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Tobirama's statements are nothing but hypothesis based on rumours and hearsay.

  2. #167
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Rumours and hearsay? That man has been fighting an uchiha everyday as a senju's warrior in their warring days. And the fact that the only clan who knows too much about the uchiha are the senju and vice versa. So tobirama's statements was based from their analysis and experienced as the rival and mortal enemy of the uchiha for, let say, 500 years ago? Don't tell me that the senju was fighting the uchiha for so many years and yet they know nothing about their sharingan's and ability?

  3. #168
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    ^ I believe Tobirama himself stated it so?

  4. #169
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Roanapur
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Tobirama's statements are nothing but hypothesis based on rumours and hearsay.
    If you say so, but I think that the fact Sasuke activated his Sharingan the night of the Uchiha massacre, gained 3-tomoe Sharingan when breaking his bond with Naruto, and gained MS upon realising the truth about Itachi would support Tobirama's claims.

  5. #170
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    ^ It aligns more with emotional turmoil than hatred.

  6. #171
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    analysis and experienced as the rival and mortal enemy of the uchiha for, let say, 500 years ago?
    lol wtf?

    At least now I know how there can be people who don't have any issues with the timeline whatsoever.

    I hope you are aware Tobirama was Hiruzens teacher and that Hiruzen actually lived into the same time period as Naruto?
    Last edited by LnDRash; April 30, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  7. #172
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Roanapur
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    ^ It aligns more with emotional turmoil than hatred.
    Tobirama said that anguish and despair is the trigger for Uchiha clansmen acquiring the Sharingan, which is what has been observed. Anger and hate are the result of these initial feelings being left unresolved. So... again, his claims are backed up. Sharingan gives a boost in power and cannot be considered part of Sasuke's base power.

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    lol wtf?

    At least now I know how there can be people who don't have any issues with the timeline whatsoever.

    I hope you are aware Tobirama was Hiruzens teacher and that Hiruzen actually lived into the same time period as Naruto?
    I believe it was reference to a possible timespan of rivalry and not knowledge acquired in Tobirama's lifetime alone.
    Last edited by Dutchy; April 30, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

  8. #173
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member raoniluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Wait wait wait...

    I actually hate Sasuke and love Naruto but...

    Sasuke is obviously stronger than most top jounins now. He could probably defeat a kage in some scenarios.

    Now ok, Sasuke without Sharingan would probably do better use of his lightning and fire jutsus, let's not forget Kirin that seems to be pretty strong.
    Sasuke broke Itachi's Tsukuyomi nad now he seems a lot stronger than he was that time.

    Can't see how Sasuke would be weak... Sasuke without Sharingan is also a LOT more careful and intelligent, he could probably be konoha's second smartest "genin", right after Shikamaru and use his jutsus in unpredictable ways. Let's just not think in Sasuke as that stupid berserker "I have MS so I can just rush into Raikage and shit", remeber Sasuke that fought Deidara and stuff

  9. #174
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    so sharingan doesn't boost his speed or give him super strength or enhance his reflexes, but is that the only thing you consider to be ability? ability varies in many things, not just speed or strength or reflexes. just because the character you like doesn't have the same abilities has other ninja's doesn't mean you should avoid the other stuff he can do.
    No, but I'm talking about physical abilities. I already know ability varies in many things, but I specifically pointed out what I was talking about. Sharingan doesn't give Sasuke the advantage like many state it does, it still depends on Sasuke himself. Which is why even without Sharingan, Sasuke would be about low tier jounin level, at the least. Or he eventually would.

    And using/accusing others of bias weakens argument. I have stated multiple times that I don't like Sasuke, and even when I did, I liked Naruto more than Sasuke over the course of the series, and still do even if I don't like current Naruto. Like I said, I'm far more unbiased than majority of the posters here, from what I've seen.

    And I'm not avoiding other stuff he can do. I pointed out what he can do and what Sharingan helps him do. And manga has even shown Sasuke without Sharingan would be on a higher level than many shinobi he fights. Even if Lee can beat Sasuke, Sasuke can still be better than Lee and become a jounin.

    As ninjabot says, Sasuke has something that very few of his age group have: versatility. even if you don't count genjutsu casting or defense, he's still versatile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Yeah, the posts are ridiculous. They forgot how much Sasuke's chances rose up against Haku when he awakened the Sharingan. Or how he was able to follow Naruto's movements when he unlocked the third tomoe. I'm really having a WTF face.
    You also forgot how well Sasuke did until Haku resorted to his kekkei genkai. Sasuke was doing better and better before he got SHaringan. All he did was counter kekkei genkai with his own.

    And you mean Naruto with Kyuubi's chakra.

    Quote Quote:
    Since when is a physical capability the only factor that decides a victor in a battle? When he unlocked the third tomoe against Naruto, he saw through his movements and was able to follow them so I'd say his speed definitely increased.
    His speed did not increase, he was able to predict Naruto's movements and react accordingly.

    Quote Quote:
    The bottom line is that it does boost his abilities. What would be the point in awakening Sharingan if they were the same with it activated? Of course their advantage increases with it. Which, in other words, is considered a power up. Like in all Shounen type mangas or animes. Can't believe the current discussion we're having...
    I never said it didn't help him in a fight, I'm saying it doesn't make Sasuke faster or stronger or enhance his body in ways that Kyuubi or Cursed Seal does.

    Quote Quote:
    He had a problem against them because he wasn't as strong as you all think he was. Simple. Against Lee, his Sharingan was too weak to be able to follow his speed. As for Raikage, I'd say he held his end pretty good. Probably would've defeated him with Itachi's eyes.
    Why do you think he'd have won with Itachi's eyes? I don't think the blindness became an issue until the end of his fight with Danzou, and he didn't seem to run low on chakra until Mei challenged him.

    Against Lee, I doubt his Sharingan was the problem. Sasuke was too slow to react to Lee. Sharingan doesn't help you if your body can't react. Lee is probably the only one one in Sasuke's age group that could take base Sasuke and Naruto out quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    Tobirama's statement would suggest otherwise, in the same way as Sasuke's question as to whether his body was the same as when it was influenced by CS in his fight with Naruto.
    Tobirama's statement is an opinion. His "statements" have been proven wrong plenty of times, I see no reason to take it seriously.

  10. #175
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No, but I'm talking about physical abilities. I already know ability varies in many things, but I specifically pointed out what I was talking about. Sharingan doesn't give Sasuke the advantage like many state it does, it still depends on Sasuke himself. Which is why even without Sharingan, Sasuke would be about low tier jounin level, at the least. Or he eventually would.

    And using/accusing others of bias weakens argument. I have stated multiple times that I don't like Sasuke, and even when I did, I liked Naruto more than Sasuke over the course of the series, and still do even if I don't like current Naruto. Like I said, I'm far more unbiased than majority of the posters here, from what I've seen.

    And I'm not avoiding other stuff he can do. I pointed out what he can do and what Sharingan helps him do. And manga has even shown Sasuke without Sharingan would be on a higher level than many shinobi he fights. Even if Lee can beat Sasuke, Sasuke can still be better than Lee and become a jounin.

    As ninjabot says, Sasuke has something that very few of his age group have: versatility. even if you don't count genjutsu casting or defense, he's still versatile.
    the only reason why I said that was because I think your emotional attachment or detachment of his character is blinding you. Its probable safe to say that its just your opinion even thou its a fact that it's a mode that needs to be activated and deactivated, a mode which grant the user certain abilities that will help him become victorious in his battles.

    we can use naruto eyes for example.

    naruto eyes show him that he is in a mode, naruto has his regular eyes but when he goes into sage mode, which grant him abilities such as the ability to sense chakra and the ability to use senjutsu, his eyes change.

    when sasuke eyes changes into the sharingan from his normal eyes, he too is granted a boost in power.

    sasuke power is in his eye, sage mode grants power in the body, so ofcourse the two would have different form of abilities.

    the very fact that the sharingan is shown when its abilities are in use should be enough evidence that its a mode.
    Last edited by xaither; April 30, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

  11. #176
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    I'm in no way blinded, especially when I have no attachment to the character. If I was as biased as you say, I'd be joining you and attacking Sasuke, saying he sucks and all.

    Naruto's eyes don't give him anything, it's just a physical change associated with Sage Mode. Sharingan gives Sasuke benefits, but it doesn't give him more power or anything. If it did, then Sasuke wouldn't have as much trouble in his fights as he usually does...

  12. #177
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm in no way blinded, especially when I have no attachment to the character. If I was as biased as you say, I'd be joining you and attacking Sasuke, saying he sucks and all.

    Naruto's eyes don't give him anything, it's just a physical change associated with Sage Mode. Sharingan gives Sasuke benefits, but it doesn't give him more power or anything. If it did, then Sasuke wouldn't have as much trouble in his fights as he usually does...
    the only thing i dislike about sasuke is his personality,I think he is a great fighter and I want him to fight again with naruto. but honestly ? He not really that important to me to hate, he is like a sakura to me, I don't really care much for the character.

    naruto eyes has a purpose, its a indication that he is in sage mode and using his abilities from being in sage mode. I never said that it gave him powers.

    I just think your stating an opinion about the sharingan. you don't view its abilites as important enough to be consider a mode. when in fact its a mode, that he has to activate and deactivate. it doesn't really matter if the abilities are useful to the person in winning a battle, it only matter that its there.

    Lets say that if naruto had sage mode and lets say in sage mode he had this ability to talk to animals like Jugo. I would still consider it to be a mode, cause he could not talk to the animals without having to go into sage mode.
    Last edited by xaither; April 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM.

  13. #178
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Who thinks base Sasuke would lose to Danzou without Izanagi and not using his Sharingan?

    I'm not entirely sure, I think it is possible. Although Sasuke has katon to counter Danzou's fuuton, Danzou also has a powerful susmmon and sealing knowledge.
    why would they fight in base?

  14. #179
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Isn't the Byakugan naturally occurring? It doesn't require awakening, it's just there.
    You right, I forgot about them. They're the only ones though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Let me ask you this: would Sasuke be able to follow Naruto's movements if his Sharingan didn't evolve to 3rd tomoe?

    Also, if my logic is flawed, why is every Uchiha using Sharingan then if they can simply manage without it? God, can't wait to hear this.
    Yeah, he would have been able to follow Naruto's movement. Now how well he could react to what he was seeing, that's the key.

    As asked before, why wouldn't they employ an advantage in life and death battles? They're not playing games here. That's like asking why Minato always uses his tags despite being fast even without them. You don't screw around when you're life is on the line.

    Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    the sharingan is not a jutsu. so I don't see how you guys are comparing it to one, its a mode that when activated grant the user certain abilities. you can turn it on and off like sage mode. Anyone who doesn't see this is basically in denial. there shouldn't even be an argument about this.
    The abilities granted are referred to as techniques. And no, it's nothing like that. The Uchiha's naturally gain it like any bloodline ability, they don't go off and learn it from an outside source. Unless you're gonna claim that every single Bloodline Limit is a "mode", you're logic fails.

  15. #180
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post

    The abilities granted are referred to as techniques. And no, it's nothing like that. The Uchiha's naturally gain it like any bloodline ability, they don't go off and learn it from an outside source. Unless you're gonna claim that every single Bloodline Limit is a "mode", you're logic fails.
    There are different types of blood line/kekkei genkai, so i don't know what your trying to say, I am talking about the sharingan at the moment.
    does it really matter which word i use, abilities, techniques.

    And does it really matter where it's learned, the fact that the uchiha's are not born with it and only able to activate them at a certain point is what you should mostly look at.
    Last edited by xaither; April 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts