Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: How strong is Sasuke?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How strong is Sasuke?

Didn't Naruto hold back his rasengan when he and Sasuke were using their finisher at Valley of the End?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing to imply that, especially with a Kyuubi-powered Rasengan. Unless you mean him aiming for Sasuke's headband while Sasuke 'punched" him, then yeah.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

This was before Kyuubi-powered rasengan and Cursed Seal chidori came into play. I remember the manga or someone saying that Naruto held back on his rasengan right before Sasuke decided he had to create an opening and couldn't waste another chidori.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the sad thing for all of us, is that we will not be able to truly gauge sasukes strenght vs narutos vs a common opponent or eachother by the end of the manga

at least it doesnt look that way right now

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    This was before Kyuubi-powered rasengan and Cursed Seal chidori came into play. I remember the manga or someone saying that Naruto held back on his rasengan right before Sasuke decided he had to create an opening and couldn't waste another chidori.
    I don't recall any of that. Naruto and Sasuke have clash resengan against chidori at least three different times and the have always cancel each other out.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Plot reasons, I guess? All I remember is Naruto himself saying or implying that he wasn't using full powered rasengan. Or a member here saying that, I dunno. But regardless, if Sasuke knew raikiri, I think he'd not only beat Naruto's rasengan, but he'd have penetrated Raikage's body even deeper.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was the manga itself, the closest I can think of was when Naruto mentioned making sure of Sasuke's intentions. But that really doesn't imply he was holding back.

Now if it was another poster, I could easily believe someone would believe that...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It does imply the chance that he was holding back to see Sasuke's intentions. But I remember some translation saying that Naruto didn't go all out with his rasengan at that time.

Hell, you can argue that he didn't go out with his future rasengan as well for different reasons, like not wantin to kill Sasuke when Team Kakashi reunited, or when he wanted to scratch Sasuke's headband more than anything else.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not seeing it. There would be no reason to use the Rasengan just to see Sasuke's intentions, unless he was seeing if Sasuke was gonna go all out.

And that sort of thing would require quite a bit of control, to be powerful enough to blast someone back but not do any damage, which Naruto lacks. Plus there's that whole reading each other through blows.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He wanted to see if Sasuke was really gonna kill him by seeing if Sasuke would use his strongest chidori. And like I said, Naruto said that he went easy, but I dunno why I can't find the translation. COuld have been in anime or not the correct translation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He wanted to see if Sasuke was really gonna kill him by seeing if Sasuke would use his strongest chidori. And like I said, Naruto said that he went easy, but I dunno why I can't find the translation. Could have been in anime or not the correct translation.
    Its because he never said it. There you go. Mystery solved. And no, you can't just say Naruto was going easy because he didn't really want to kill Sasuke because I can make the same argument for Sasuke as he actually DID spare Naruto.
    Last edited by chilibun; May 04, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Ordinary resengan isn't stronger than chidori, the last time I check they both were A rank jutsu. FRS is power but it's a S rank jutsu, just like Kirin. So no matter how you flip it or twist Sasuke's Ninjutsu has just as much quality and more quantity.
    You're dead wrong, of course.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

He wanted to see if Sasuke was really gonna kill him by seeing if Sasuke would use his strongest chidori. And like I said, Naruto said that he went easy, but I dunno why I can't find the translation. COuld have been in anime or not the correct translation.
    It's a speculation. I'm sure Naruto didn't want to hurt Sasuke at all so he might've held back but don't have any proof as he didn't say anything of a sort. But since Rasengan was proven to be stronger than Chidori earlier in the manga, some speculations may be right.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    You're dead wrong, of course.
    How does that scan make him wrong?

The type of damage is different, but that doesn't mean the technique is weaker. Rasengan exlodes and creates a shockwave which burst the water tank. Chidori/Raikiri on the other hand is a precise piercing move that concentrates all of its power into a single point. That doesn't make it any less lethal though.

Its actually the contrary. Chidori was able to pierce Raikages Raiton Shroud, while Rasengan and even Rasenshuriken failed.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    How does that scan make him wrong?

The type of damage is different, but that doesn't mean the technique is weaker. Rasengan exlodes and creates a shockwave which burst the water tank. Chidori/Raikiri on the other hand is a precise piercing move that concentrates all of its power into a single point. That doesn't make it any less lethal though.

Its actually the contrary. Chidori was able to pierce Raikages Raiton Shroud, while Rasengan and even Rasenshuriken failed.
    That can't be compared directly though, since we don't know if the Third Raikage was simply more proficient at using it than the Fourth Raikage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The third Raikage's durability has been attributed to his super tough body, not his Raiton Shroud.

But even disregarding the Raiton Shroud argument, it still remains those two jutsu clashed numerous times and negated each other... so saying Rasengan > Chidori is simply nonsense. And using that scan as some kind of prove for that claim is basically the equivalent of saying a sniper rifle is weaker then a shotgun.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast