Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Divine Bells by LEE Hye

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

[Webtoon] Divine Bells by LEE Hye

Divine Bells by LEE Hye

150 years ago, an ancient priestess sealed 8 powerful beings inside of 8 bells. Since then, these bells choose their own masters and in that way they determine the status, prestige, and influence of each of the six countries their masters rule. Political intrigues are not strange.

But, what will happen with the balance of powers when the powerful beings inside the bells get awaken? And what did happen 150 years ago that provokes the sealing of them inside the bells? And what will the weak kings and princess be able to do in the present time, in the middle of an old and ancient intrigue?

Alt Names: 神鈴 / 신령 / Divine Bells
    Author: LEE Hye
    Artist: LEE Hye
    Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Shounen, Supernatural
    Type: Manhwa (Korean)
    Status in Country of Origin: 29 Chapters.
    Groups Scanlating: Easy Going Scans
    manga updates
    Daum raws

Personal note:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ukimix; April 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Divine Bells by LEE Hye

A good sum up of season 1, by Lee Hye, the author: http://read.egscans.org/Divine_Bells/Chapter_029_extra2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

any one knows the frequency of the release? it seems the prologue (as the author wishes to name it) is over. I kind a like the young king he is resolute and anything but naive. Also he has an expression which fools every one.. thats quite good from a shonen main chara.
    i wish he could muster power enough to rival the emperor or the powerhouses like the little girl who uses birds

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    any one knows the frequency of the release? it seems the prologue (as the author wishes to name it) is over. I kind a like the young king he is resolute and anything but naive. Also he has an expression which fools every one.. thats quite good from a shonen main chara.
    i wish he could muster power enough to rival the emperor or the powerhouses like the little girl who uses birds
    Here the page of Easygoingscans, the group scanlating it. And here, their schedule. Regularly we have had chapters all mondays.

I also like that girl, that should be no a girl but a woman in her true form. I feel the protagonist is still in development, and only in the big struggles we could see his real power and will.
    Last edited by ukimix; June 13, 2013 at 06:28 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that raven controling girl too. Though i am a bit skeptic about a main chara who doesnt use sword much rather use bows and arrow. Havent seen much of this kind and its i hate to say not that cool i mean read the magician the main chara ie Enzu is a mad powerful swordmaster Time an incredibly powerful chara probably one of the strongest shown in the webtoon is the strongest sword master shown the way sword can be enhanced in the manga like a spacecut or superb sword tech or speed slash cant be really imported in the archery zone.....

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the real powers of all characters here are still waiting to be known. I'm interested in the main plot, namely what happened 150 years ago? Why the bells had to be sealed? But some good fights should have to happen before we know it.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bringing this one to my attention ukimix. I've been reading it over the past week and I'm totally into it now.

It's got that great sense of humor than TAL had before it's plot got super complicated. That whole scene with the faked battle was absolutely hilarious.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you here Jammin, so what do you think of the archery element? like i was saying sword arts can be made much more ostentatious in the manga and powers can be enhanced incredibly but i dont see how the same can be done for archery. As this is a fantasy manhwa the combats needs to be over the top so i dont really see how archery can be made that cool... (may be i am too much into the Magician btw). But i like the utilitarian attitude of the Main and the fun element of the raven girl and the divine bell. So far the charas are really interesting dont you think?
    Last edited by shaheer; June 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you here Jammin, so what do you think of the archery element? like i was saying sword arts can be made much more ostentatious in the manga and powers can be enhanced incredibly but i dont see how the same can be done for archery. As this is a fantasy manhwa the combats needs to be over the top so i dont really see how archery can be made that cool... (may be i am too much into the Magician btw). But i like the utilitarian attitude of the Main and the fun element of the raven girl and the divine bell. So far the charas are really interesting dont you think?
    It's harder to make ranged weapons look cooler than close combat ones in general but I've seen bows look pretty cool before too(Inuyasha).

When I look at Manwha I often realize that video games more often than not have had a huge influence on various series. If you think about what bows can do in various games, there is a lot that can be done with them.

At the same time though I suspect the protagonist is a lot better fighter in general than we've been led to believe so far. I feel like the series keeps hinting at that, like when he commented during the illusion that he wouldn't go down that easily.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter out: http://readonline.egscans.org/Divine...isplay=webtoon

This pic is very nice:

Spoiler show

I think something like that must be her true adult form.

Spoiler: about the chapter show

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

where did you get that pic i dont see it in the chap... may be a loading prob
    Any way i was half expecting/wishing a time skip for like a yr or so but it seems the season 2 started RIGHT after s1. So far its going seamlessly and without dropping quality. Do you guys think the 2 Divine bells will inform all others about the scheme that the emperor is brewing ?

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a pic from the past week chapter .

mmmm betrayal inside the bells, I don't think so. At least, they didn't reveal to the emperor that the Gang Hui they killed was a fake, so they seems to be in favour of Gang Hui. And they don't knows is the emperor and they don't like to be used by him. They now have to tell the other bells if Gnag Hui is trying to find Ga bi or if he was killed. I think they will tell the true.

About the topic of the king choosing bow over the sword, I think the story has been thought to have different kind of powers, with prominence for each kind. Possibly the King will have great spiritual power, and he will use it in a very critical moment. And the most powerful 'material' blows could be thrown by the bells, and mostly by Gang Hui. But there must be moments of shine for each kind.

Now, I'm wondering about who is behind the letter sent to the Emperor telling him about the location of Ga bi. Do you think the emperor is Baek Yeom (the very same emperor from 150 years go)? Or that we have two different 'bad' sides searching their objectives?:

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Now, I'm wondering about who is behind the letter sent to the Emperor telling him about the location of Ga bi. Do you think the emperor is Baek Yeom (the very same emperor from 150 years go)? Or that we have two different 'bad' sides searching their objectives?:
    I think that 150 yr old emperor will have a part to play whether tacit or direct. So far i dont see any link between him and the sinster group apart from the knowledge of Divine bell that they have.
    If you are asking for a gut feeling then i think the emperor will have a part to play with this group

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that 150 yr old emperor will have a part to play whether tacit or direct. So far i dont see any link between him and the sinster group apart from the knowledge of Divine bell that they have.
    If you are asking for a gut feeling then i think the emperor will have a part to play with this group
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Thanks ...
    Sure, the emperor from 150 years ago is going to take part in the story, if it's not that he is now pulling strings. But, what intrigues me it's if the present emperor is the very same past emperor, or if they are different guys. Ey Jammin, what do you think about it?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that be the case, I was more into the theory that the old emperor is controling the special group instead of the special group being an accomplice in purpose like as shown yet (ie the sinster grp is assisting the emperor)

But its a good thought may be he used some spell to change his face or incarnate or sth.

Given the scanty information released so far any thing is possible

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Btw Uki why dont you read Magician? its pretty cool its at present my fav webtoon after TOG i think you might like it

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast